a forever home?

I yawned and stretched lifting my head up when the rv stopped again, this time the battery was dead.

When the battery was fixed we all made it, standing outside of the gate.

It opened and we all walked inside, cautious.

We were instructed to turn our weapons over and we refused “I suggest you talk to Deanna, she knows everything about this place” Aaron said and I nodded.

“can I have my interview with someone?” I asked and Aaron shrugged “I don’t see why not” he smiled and I grabbed Carl’s hand smiling at him.

I  looked around once more, “I like it here” I nodded laughing, Glenn laughed with me.

After our interviews we turned in our weapons.

I was in a house beside Rick and Carl, Daryl was supposed to live with me, but I guess he was attempting to settle.

The first thing I did was shower and put on some of the clothes they provided, hell I even gave my hair a much needed trim, bringing it back to my shoulders from my almost mid back.

I smiled and laughed my heart out finally deciding to go see Rick.

“I didn’t know you were getting your hair cut” I smiled stepping in front of him “you cut your hair” he smiled and I brushed it off “does it look that different?” I asked and he chuckled “Carl’s in his room, knock first” he said and I nodded waiting at the table “he’ll be down, he’s curious” I laughed and soon enough me came down and got his hair trimmed too.

“you look different” I turned my head and he laughed “you look different too, you look like you belong here” he joked at we both looked at Rick “you can go look, be quick” he warned and we both left to look around.

I let him come to my house and look around when we heard something upstairs.

He pulled his knife and I pushed it down “let me punch it first” I smiled and he rolled his eyes we opened the door I saw a comic on the floor and held it up “new material, let’s head back over get ready for the sleep over” I joked leading him back down the stairs.

Later that night

I finished the comic and smiled “I’ll be across the room if you get a nightmare” I pouted to Carl and he rolled his eyes “reverse that for you” he smiled and I gave him a thumbs up.

“scooch over Dixon I’m tired” I huffed laying beside him “sleep well kid” he whispered kissing my head.

The next morning

Carl and I were called over by two elders who loved Judith “so are you two?” the woman asked and I shook my head “oh no, I’ve just know him forever, he’s my best friend” I smiled and the woman looked at her husband “we used to say that” they laughed and we laughed.
Rick came over and called us over to meet a kid named Ron.

“We’re here almost everyday after school, feel free to stop by” he said and I smiled “you go to school, like reading and writing school?” I asked and Ron laughed “it’s little kids in the morning and us in the afternoon, hopefully you to?” he asked me and I smiled “maybe, I am kind of a genius” I joked and he laughed.

“Guys this is Carl and Y/n, guys this is Mikey and Enid” Ron introduced us and Enid looked at me her eyes going wide “hi, I’m Enid, but you already know that” she nodded at me and I smiled.

“can I read with you?” I asked Enid while Carl played games “sure” she smiled and I smiled back.

After a two comics later