Chapter 1. 1855 

He watched her from across the ballroom, noticing how lovely she was beneath the glittering chandelier. Her dark auburn curls were fixed into an elegant chignon, exposing her creamy neck. Her luscious curves were accentuated in a dusty blue silk gown with off the shoulder sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. Her eyes, a beautiful shade of amethyst, were visible behind her matching dusty blue butterfly shaped mask.
She was absolutely perfect. And Julian Belmont, the Duke of Brittany, knew he had to have her as his mistress. At the age of 27, he was determined to find himself a wife. At least, a wife that wouldn't flee from him six months into their marriage. However, he wasn't wanting a human wife. On the contrary, he was wanting a pure blood vampire as his future Duchess.
Gazing at the lovely creature, Julian knew she needed to become his. She was perfect, absolutely exquisite. And he wouldn't allow anyone to put their hands on her. Straightening his shoulders, he adjusted his deep red mask and walked toward the object of his attention. As he came closer, her sweet smell of vanilla and lavender flowed to his nostrils, and he felt his body burn.
***
He was a vision of perfection. Tall and muscular, with dark brown curls and breathtaking dark green eyes that sparkled like emeralds. He was wearing a silk suit jacket of deep red with black trousers black boots and a black button up shirt with a deep red cravat. His deep red mask matched his ensemble perfectly.
Rosalie Blanchett smiled and licked her lips with desire as the object of her attention came closer. Good Lord, he was magnificent. And he wasn't a human. She knew he was a pure blood vampire, just like she was. At the age of 21, she was wanting to become a mistress. But to the right gentleman. A gentleman that wouldn't use her for his own pleasure purposes and then leave her after three months.
As the gentleman came closer, Rosalie felt her body tingle with excitement. This gentleman was unlike any she had encountered. Not to mention the fact that he was much more handsome than her previous protector, Lord Thomas François, Viscount Olivier. Smiling, she moved away from the glowing candlelight, sliding further into the shadows.
Julian followed her eagerly, wanting to be alone with her and not have eyes looking at them. He couldn't have the entire ton of both Paris and London gossiping. Especially considering the fact that the ball he was attending wasn't a normal human ball. For one thing, it was being held by the Duke and Duchess of Normandy, and was only being held for vampire nobility.
They moved away from the ballroom, away from sharp ears. They knew they couldn't speak to one another, not in a large setting where they could be overheard. Scandal would surely come upon them if that was to happen. They found themselves a few minutes later out on the terrace of Normandy Hall, having a perfect view of the countryside and Paris beyond.
Julian smiled as he approached the young woman. "Well, the masked beauty finally comes to a stop."
Rosalie felt her insides burst with fireworks again. His voice was a deep and rich baritone, filled with desire and promise. Nothing like the loud and harsh voice of Thomas. She gave him a soft smile. "It seems I have. I was going to lead you on a goose chase."
Julian chuckled, raising a brow. "Is that so?"
Rosalie giggled. "Indeed. However, I decided to spare you the torture of having to chase me. At least for tonight."
Julian took a step forward. "Remove your mask. That way I can see those eyes."
Rosalie's voice became a low and seductive purr. "Why don't you remove yours first pussycat?"
That had Julian's body bursting into flames once more. Trying to conceal his growing desire, he swiftly removed his mask. He watched as the young woman before him removed her mask as well, and he felt his canines ache as he came face-to-face with a pair of beautiful amethyst eyes.
Rosalie felt her own canines beginning to ache as well. The gentleman was, indeed, breathtaking. His deep green eyes seemed to be glowing with desire. She realized that he was even more handsome without a mask covering his face. She smiled at him. "May I ask your name sir?"
The gentleman smiled back, extending his hand. "Julian Belmont, the Duke of Brittany."
Rosalie placed her small gloved hand into his. "It's a pleasure to meet you your grace. My name is Rosalie Blanchett. I am the daughter of Viscount Charles Blanchett."
Julian brushed his lips softly against her knuckles. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well Miss Blanchett. Tell me, are you French or English? I detect a slight French accent."
Rosalie. "I am both French and English actually. My father was French and my mother is English."
Julian smiled. "I thought so. It seems you and I have that in common as well. My father was French and my mother is English. My father had two estates, one here in Paris and the other in London."
Rosalie. "How lovely. And what else do we have in common your grace?"
His eyes glowing like emerald gems, Julian leaned forward until his lips came to rest at her ear. "My dear Miss Blanchett, you and I are both pure blood vampires."

Seduced By the Devil Duke (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara