Chapter 11. 1855 

The following week, Rosalie was enjoying a cup of tea and a plate of scones in the breakfast room when Cassandra poked her head into the room. She smiled at her. "Good morning Cassandra."
Cassandra smiled sweetly. "Good morning Miss Blanchett. I do hope I'm not disturbing you, but his grace would like you to meet him in your chamber."
Rosalie felt her heart beat with excitement. She had a feeling Julian was wanting her to see the new gowns he had purchased for her the previous week. "Of course, thank you."
Cassandra gave her a curtsy and left the room.
Finishing her breakfast, Rosalie stood up from her seat and made her way upstairs. She was delighted to finally see her new wardrobe. She had a feeling Julian had spoken to the designer and wanted everything to be perfect. Walking into her chamber, she stopped in the doorway, her mouth falling open.
Perfectly placed across every space of the room was a collection of 20 gowns. Each one was beautifully decorated with diamonds and embellished with ribbons. The colors ranged from dusty blue to lavender, with cream pink and champagne mixed in. There were 10 casual gowns and 10 formal gowns. The casual gowns had square neck lines and three-quarter sleeves while the evening gowns had sweetheart necklines and off the shoulder sleeves with gloves placed into the bodice.
Julian was beaming from ear to ear, standing off in the corner of the room. "What do you think?"
Rosalie smiled at him brightly. "They are all beautiful, thank you. However, I don't believe all of them are going to be able to fit into my closet."
Julian chuckled, maneuvering around the dresses to come and stand in front of her. He caressed her cheek tenderly. "Of course not. I asked the designer to make extra gowns so that you could have a few here and a few at Belmont Park."
Rosalie's mouth fell to the floor. She was going to have a wardrobe both at Brittany Hall and Julian's England estate, Belmont Park. She was beyond taken care of by her new protector. And the gentleman she was beginning to fall for.
Julian brushed his lips against her neck. "I do hope you're pleased."
Rosalie. "More than pleased. I am beyond thankful."
Smiling, Julian kissed her. "I'm glad. I want you to be comfortable. I want you to be happy and loved."
Rosalie returned his kiss. "And I want the same for you."
Their lips came together once again, causing them to fall onto the bed. Their arms intertwined around one another, their tongues swirling in a dance of desire and lust. After several minutes, they came away, their eyes glowing.
Julian. "Ma cherie, as much as I want to make love to you this very minute, it's not the right time."
Rosalie nodded. "I know. I believe it would be wise for Paris and London society to see me out in public with you first before assumptions are made."
Julian kissed her sweetly, caressing her cheek. "I believe that's a wonderful idea. And this coming weekend is going to be the perfect opportunityJulian kissed her sweetly, caressing her cheek. "I believe that's a wonderful idea. And this coming weekend is going to be the perfect opportunity for that."
Rosalie. "How so?"
Julian. "This Saturday, the Paris opera house is having a marvelous opera production.  I was honestly not going to go before I met you. But now I have an excuse to attend."
Rosalie giggled, brushing her lips against his. "I do hope I am a good excuse."
Julian brought her against him, running his fingers through her curls. "You are the reason that I'm going. You're not an excuse."
Rosalie snuggled against him. "I'm glad we are going together."
Julian. "I am as well. I cannot wait to see which gown you're going to pick for that evening."
Rosalie. "I might surprise you your grace."
Julian purred against the top of her head. "I'm looking forward to it then."
Their lips brushed against one another for several more sweet kisses before they reluctantly disentangled themselves and stood from the bed. They began separating the gowns between Brittany Hall and Belmont Park, determining which ones would go where. Once they had been divided evenly, they stepped outside into the Brittany Hall garden for a walk. The Paris ballet was going to be the first time they would be seen together out in public. They were hoping that nothing would go wrong.
***
On the evening of the ballet, Rosalie was staring at herself in the full length mirror of her chamber, pleased with how she appeared. She had chosen a champagne silk gown with off the shoulder sleeves a sweetheart neckline and diamonds decorating the bodice. Cream silk gloves went up to her elbows and she was wearing matching cream silk slippers. Her hair was fixed into a chignon with diamonds adorning the top of her head. The back of the gown was composed of a corset.
Julian smiled as he stood behind her. "You look magnificent."
Rosalie turned her head and felt her heart flutter as she saw her Duke. He was very handsome, wearing a three-piece black silk suit with a champagne button up shirt champagne cravat black boots and white gloves. She smiled at him. "Thank you, and you look radiant."
Julian. "Thank you. There's one more thing that you need to complete your ensemble." he pulled out a black velvet box from the pocket of his trousers and gave it to her.
Taking the box from him, Rosalie felt her heart flutter once more. This was the first jewelry gift she had received from him. With slightly shaking fingers, she opened the box. Her mouth dropped and her eyes widened as she saw what was inside.
Resting on a white pillow of velvet was a pair of earrings and a matching necklace. The jewelry was composed of white gold, the gemstones consisting of lavender diamonds and amethyst. They sparkled brilliantly beneath the chandelier light.
Rosalie glanced at Julian, tears gathering at the corners of her eyes. "They are beautiful. Thank you."
Julian smiled as he gently placed the earrings into her ears and fastened the necklace around her neck. "You're very welcome my love. And this is just the beginning of what's to come."
Smiling at each other, they stepped out of their chamber and walked downstairs to the carriage that was waiting for them. Climbing inside and settling back against the tufted seat, they drove toward the Paris opera house.