Chapter 12. 1855 

Arriving to the opera house half an hour later, Julian and Rosalie stepped out of the carriage and walked inside. After giving their tickets to the bouncer, they were escorted to Julian's private box. The opera house was filled to the brim with spectators dressed in their finest.
Rosalie's eyes wandered around the brilliant hall, not able to stop looking at it. The auditorium was magnificent. Sitting down on the plush deep red velvet seat beside her duke, she realized that her first opera with Thomas hadn't been this wonderful.
Julian took her hand. "Something wrong?"
Rosalie shook her head. "No, nothing is wrong your grace. It's just that... I was remembering when Viscount Olivier brought me to the opera. It was nothing like this."
Julian played with her fingers. "What do you mean?"
Rosalie took a breath. "There was no romance between us. He just had me dress up in a very unsuitable gown with no jewelry and brought me to this exact opera house. I tried enjoying the performance, but it was quite clear he wasn't enjoying it. He came simply out of boredom and to show me off to his friends. We left halfway through the first act."
Julian leaned close so that his lips were inches away from hers, his eyes intent on her face. "Let me assure you that tonight is going to be very different. For one matter, you have no idea how badly I want to make love to you this very minute. To lay you down upon my bed and hold you. I want to bury my cock between your legs and never remove it. I want to claim you as mine."
Rosalie felt her cheeks burn and become bright pink at his words. The Duke of Brittany was speaking words of delicious pleasure to her and no one else. He was wanting to make love to her, to claim her as his own. And she was wanting the same.
Julian brushed his lips against hers for a soft and quick kiss. "For the moment, why don't we enjoy our opera together? Then we can discuss more intimate matters."
Rosalie returned his kiss, her fingers still intertwined with his. "I believe that's a wonderful idea your grace."
They turned their attention to the stage as the house lights became dim, the crowd fell silent, and the stage lights went up. Moments later, the sound of the orchestra and the singers swept through their senses. They listened intently as the singers and orchestra moved together in a beautiful waltz, the sound cascading throughout the high ceilings of the hall.
As the music caressed every part of her, Rosalie knew that Julian was different from Thomas. He was kind and gentle, never raising his voice to her. He hadn't even made love to her yet, and his words had her pulse racing and her body burning for him. She was anxious to find out what was going to take place that night after the opera came to a close.
***
As the opera concluded the first act one hour later, Rosalie felt as if her body was floating on clouds of happiness. She was having a marvelous time, and to her delight, she realized Julian was as well. Throughout the performance, she had felt his fingers squeeze hers with excitement, and she had returned the gesture.
Julian. "Shall we go and get a glass of champagne?"
Rosalie smiled. "I'd like that. Although, I will tell you I am more of a wine drinker and not champagne."
Julian chuckled as they walked out of the auditorium and into the lobby. "And what kind of wine do you prefer?"
Rosalie giggled. "Aside from blood wine,  a good glass of rosé."
Julian smiled brightly. "I believe I can arrange something."
Arriving to the lobby, Rosalie watched as Julian went and spoke to one of the servers. Two minutes later, her eyes widened as a glass of rosé wine was placed into her hand. She smiled at him. "Thank you your grace."
Julian. "You're very welcome Miss Blanchett." he was holding a glass of red wine for himself.
After enjoying their drinks, they wandered around the lobby, speaking to those they knew. Julian introduced Rosalie to those she didn't know as his mistress. It was quite clear that everyone was happy for the two of them.
Suddenly, Rosalie felt a chill cascade down her spine, her eyes landing on a gentleman standing across the lobby with a blond on his arm. Her heart began pounding as she noticed the gentleman's silver eyes landing on her. Thomas was at the opera, standing right across from her.
Noticing her discomfort, Julian quickly pulled Rosalie away, sliding one arm around her shoulders. "Bloody bastard, why does he have to be here?"
Rosalie. "I'm asking myself the same question your grace."
Julian glanced at the blonde. "Do you know that woman?"
Rosalie shook her head. "I believe she is Viscount Olivier's new mistress."
Julian. "That man needs to settle down."
Rosalie glanced at him. "Do you know him?"
Julian. "Acquaintances of sorts. We attended Oxford together. Thomas François is a bastard beyond belief, not to mention a rake. Why did your stepmother put you with him of all people?"
Rosalie. "I don't know, but right now I need you to do me a favor."
Julian looked at her. "Of course, anything. What is it?"
Rosalie brought her lips to his ear so that only he could hear her. "I need you to pin  me up against a wall in the shadows and kiss me. I want Viscount Olivier to know that I am no longer available."
Those delicious words had Julian's body exploding into flames. Without hesitation, he moved the two of them toward the shadows and pinned her up against the wall. His lips came crashing down on hers in a deep and passionate kiss.
Rosalie moaned with pleasure, her tongue dancing with his. Her arms went around his neck, feeling his arms intertwine around her waist. Pressing her body tightly against his, she felt his cock through his trousers. Good Lord, he was wanting her. Just as badly as she was wanting him.