Chapter 24. 1856 

On the morning of July 27, Richard and Amelia were married. Like Julian and Jacqueline, their service was small, consisting only of close friends and family. The wedding was held at the London chapel, and the reception was held at Blanchett Hall.
Despite being over the moon with happiness for her brother and sister-in-law, Jacqueline was also petrified. She knew she was with child. Her last courses had been a week before the wedding, and now they were two months overdue. She hadn't told anyone about the pregnancy, fearing that word would spread to Vivian.
Julian squeezed her hand as they sat at the dining table. He could sense through their bond that something was wrong. Leaning close, he brought his lips to her ear. "What is it my love?"
Jacqueline shook her head, trying to avoid Vivian's gaze from across the table. "Nothing my dear, nothing at all."
Julian stood up, bringing Jacqueline with him. Excusing the two of them, he escorted his wife out of the dining room and into the drawing room. Closing the door behind him, he turned and took her face between his hands. "What's wrong? You've been anxious all day."
Jacqueline swallowed hard. "I am with child."
Julian's eyes widened. "That's what has you so anxious? Darling you should be happy. We are having a baby."
Tears started cascading down Jacqueline's cheeks. "Believe me my love I am ecstatic. However I am terrified as well. I told you what happened to the last child I carried. I don't want Vivian to hurt our baby. I didn't even get to feel the first child kick."
Julian felt his heart drop, remembering what Jacqueline had told him. She had lost her first child that had belonged to Thomas Olivier, because of Vivian. He brought her against him, holding her close. "I won't let that woman hurt you or our child. I promise. If it makes you feel better, we won't tell anyone except Richard Amelia Penelope and my mother about the baby."
Jacqueline. "Thank you. And if it's possible, I would like to reside at Belmont Park for the duration of my pregnancy. Just so I can avoid Vivian during functions and gatherings."
Julian. "Of course sweetheart, whatever makes you comfortable."
The sound of the door slamming open had them turning with panic. To their horror, Vivian was standing in the doorway. They watched her eyes flicker back-and-forth between them.
Vivian. "So, it seems you have become with child again Jacqueline."
Julian stood protectively in front of his wife. "Yes she has. And I won't let you hurt her or our child."
Vivian. "Did she tell you what happened to the first baby she carried?"
Julian. "She did, and I remember reading it in the note you sent her. You are a bloody filthy bitch as far as I'm concerned. You have no right to put your hands on an innocent woman and rob her of a precious child."
Vivian. "Your grace, Jacqueline had no right to carry that child. Viscount Olivier didn't want it."
Jacqueline. "And you evidently didn't want me to carry it! You are a selfish self-absorbed woman Vivian!"
Vivian glared at her. "How dare you say such a thing to me! I raised you and your brother!"
Richard. "No you didn't. Our father raised us. You simply sat back and enjoyed the luxury that you took from our mother."
Vivian turned to look at her stepson over her shoulder. "Do you really believe I stole everything from your mother?"
Richard glared at her. "You did. I saw the note that you wrote to Jacqueline. I cannot believe you killed our mother simply out of jealousy. You are disgusting. By tomorrow morning, I want you out of Blanchett Hall."
Vivian's mouth dropped. "Are you suggesting that I leave my home?"
Amelia. "It's technically my home now, because I am the lady of the house. Because I married your wonderful stepson, I now have the title that you formally had."
Richard. "I have procured a cottage for you, in Yorkshire. You will spend the remainder of your days there. You will be stripped of your title of Viscountess Blanchett, and be given your former last name back. Which, if I remember correctly, was Miss Vivian Chevalier."
Her face now deathly pale and her eyes wide like saucers, Vivian turned to look at Julian and Jacqueline. "Do the two of you agree with all of this?"
Jacqueline crossed her arms, her amethyst eyes glowing. "We do. You are not welcome at Blanchat Hall or Brittany Hall. In addition, you're not welcome at Belmont Park. We don't want to associate with you, especially after what you've done to us."
Richard. "You may pack your things this evening and be on the next carriage to Yorkshire tomorrow morning. Amelia and I do not want to see you when we awake."
Speechless, and knowing she was defeated, Vivian turned and left the room. She knew she was never going to receive her title again. She would return to being Vivian Chevalier, and that was final.
Richard stepped forward, bringing Jacqueline against him. "We can finally be at peace sister. We don't have to worry about our stepmother any longer."
Jacqueline exhaled with relief, a smile spreading across her face. "You are absolutely right my dear brother. Vivian won't be bothering us anymore. We can finally be happy."
Julian. "Jacqueline my love, now that Vivian is no longer here, care to tell your brother the good news?"
Richard. "What news is this?"
Jacqueline smiled radiantly. "My dear brother, how would you and Amelia like to be god parents?"