Chapter 6. 1855 

Sunlight cascade it through the windows of Blanchett Hall, bathing the tea room with brilliant beams of gold light. Birds were chirping in the trees, flowers blooming all throughout the garden. The day was clear and perfect for an afternoon with the Duke of Brittany.
Rosalie was nervous as a skittish kitten, wanting everything to be perfect. The previous evening, she had told her mother that a gentleman was going to be calling on her, but she hadn't given his title. Thankfully, Vivian didn't ask who the gentleman was, but she had gazed at her daughter with curiosity and suspicion. For that afternoon, she was wearing a cream silk gown with off the shoulder sleeves and white lace decorating the sweetheart neckline. Her hair was fixed into a chignon.
Scanning the arrangement on the breakfast table before her, Rosalie felt satisfied. There was a three tiered cake stand with sandwiches scones and clotted cream and desserts, along with a steaming tea pot with two tea cups and saucers. The tea cups and teapot were a matching set, covered with pink and blue roses.
Turning her head at the sound of someone clearing their throat behind her, Rosalie smiled. "Do not tell me you've come to sneak a dessert brother."
Rosalie's twin brother Richard smiled brilliantly, his blue eyes sparkling. "Maybe I have and maybe I haven't. I might have just come to spy on you and your guest of honor."
Rosalie rolled her eyes. "I swear brother sometimes you can be nosy."
Richard chuckled, the sunlight sparkling off his copper hair. "Me, nosy? I highly doubt that sister. However I must ask, who is your guest of honor?"
Before Rosalie could say  another word, the Blanchett Butler, Francis, poked his head into the room and cleared his throat. "His Grace, the Duke of Brittany."
Richard smiled radiantly as Julian walked into the room. "My word Britney, I had no idea that you were interested in my sister."
Julian chuckled, extending his hand. "I am quite interested in her Blanchett."
Richard smiled and shook his hand. "Well, I'm glad to see you. Are you still going to be hosting that dinner next week that everyone has been speaking nonstop about?"
Julian. "I do indeed. And you and your sister are my honor guests. Do you by chance have a partner that you would like to bring with you Blanchet?"
Rosalie smiled as she watched Richard become bright pink. "As a matter of fact you're Grace, he does. Her name is Amelia Rochester. She is a very lovely young woman."
Julian. "Wonderful, I look forward to getting to see you."
Still blushing like a school boy, Richard turned and left the room, closing the door behind him. He was looking forward to Julian's dinner, especially with Amelia in attendance with him. He had a feeling he had found his viscountess.
As soon as they were alone, Julian took a step toward Rosalie, his emerald eyes sparkling. He took her hand, brushing his lips against her bare knuckles. "I've missed you ma cherie. I've not been able to stop thinking about you. I hardly got any sleep last night."
Rosalie smiled softly, feeling her heart flutter. "And I've missed you pussycat. My mind has been swimming with images of you since we parted last night."
Julian leaned forward, kissing her softly yet quickly so as not to be caught. "My mind has been swirling with images of you."
Rosalee returned his kiss. "And pray your grace, what images were those?"
Julian started kissing her neck. "Images that a lady such as yourself shouldn't be told about. However I will tell you that those images were absolutely delicious."
Rosalie closed her eyes, tilting her head to the side to give him better room. "I see. And did those images happen to involve the two of us?"
Julian gently nipped at her neck. "Indeed they did. However, I don't believe discussing them now is appropriate."
Rosalie opened her eyes, coming face-to-face with his dark emerald gaze. "I suppose you're right."
Exchanging another sweet and quick kiss, they took their seats across from one another at the breakfast table. They divided up the food evenly between them while discussing every topic of gossip that both Paris and London had to offer. They  soon discovered that they had many things in common. They had a love of horses and art, literature and music.
Rosalie noticed that Julian was wearing a cream silk jacket over a deep green waist coat white button up shirt cravat black trousers and black boots. Her eyes  traveled across the muscular outline of his body, and she suddenly found herself visualizing him naked. Her cheeks became bright pink with pure embarrassment. She cleared her throat nervously.
Julian was looking at her with amusement, smirking. "Do you approve of what you see?"
Rosalie swallowed hard. "I... I do your grace. Forgive me, I didn't mean to stare."
Julian reached across the table and took her hand. "It's all right Rose. Quite frankly, I was doing some staring myself."
Rosalie smiled. "It seems we are both at fault then your grace."
Julian stood up from his seat, walking across the table and kneeling in front of her. He reached up and took her face between his hands. "Because you are my mistress now, I don't believe we should be cautious with one another. I don't believe we should be reserved."
Rosalie felt her heart begin pounding, her body growing hot. She was his mistress. But for how long? She stared at him. "Your grace..."
Julian brushed his thumb across her lips. "Please, call me Julian. At least when we are alone."
Rosalie took a breath. "Julian, I am forever grateful that I am your mistress. But I must ask, how long do you plan to keep me? I want to know before we get into this."
Julian brought her lips to his for a deep kiss. When he came away, his eyes were burning with desire. "I am going to have you as my mistress for one year. And then, I am going to have you as my wife."