Chapter 18. 1855 

An hour after getting settled at Brittany Hall, Rosalie heard Cassandra walk into the room. She looked up and smiled at her lady in waiting. "Yes Cassie?"
Cassandra swallowed hard, a letter in her hands. "This has come for you Miss Blanchett."
Rosalie felt her heart drop as she took the letter from her. She knew exactly who the letter was from, and was dreading what was written. "Thank you Cassie."
Cassandra nodded sympathetically and left the room.
Swallowing hard, Rosalie opened Vivian's envelope and removed one sheet of paper. Her heart squeezed as she read what was written. Tears started falling down her cheeks as she saw Vivian's threat. Her stepmother was going to expose the fact that her name was Jacqueline, and the fact that she had become with child and then lost it.
Rosalie couldn't breathe, couldn't think. She felt nauseous with fear at the realization that Vivian was going to expose her darkest secrets. And all because she didn't want her stepdaughter and the man she loved being together.
Julian. "Rose? What's the matter ma cherie?"
Rosalie sniffled, turning her tear filled eyes to look at him. "My love, there's something I need to tell you. And I hope and pray that the information I am about to give you won't change your feelings toward me."
Julian took a seat next to her, taking her hand and looking at her with concern. "Of course not my love, you can tell me anything. My feelings for you are never going to change."
Rosalie took a breath, biting her lip nervously. "Julian, first and foremost, I must tell you that my name is not Rosalie."
Julian looked at her confused. "It isn't?"
Rosalie shook her head. "No, my name is Jacqueline."
Julian's eyes widened. "Jacqueline?"
Rosalie nodded. "Yes, my name is Jacqueline Elizabeth Rosalie Blanchett. The name you are referring to me now is my grandmother's name. My name was Jacqueline from the time I was born until last year when my name was changed to Rosalie."
Julian. "I am assuming Vivian changed it?"
Rosalie. "Yes. She despises the name Jacqueline."
Julian shook his head. "She's wrong to do so. I believe the name Jacqueline is beautiful. It suits you."
Rosalie. "Thank you. And... I have one other thing to tell you."
Julian took her hand that was cradling Vivian's letter. His eyes landed on it, becoming wide once again. "What is this?"
Rosalie swallowed hard, handing him the letter. "You must read it for yourself."
Taking the letter, Julian began reading it. As each line passed through his vision, his eyes became dark. When he looked up, he was looking at her with pure anguish. "You were expecting a baby, and then lost it."
Rosalie started crying again, a sob escaping her lips. "The pregnancy was a pure accident. Thomas didn't want children, and yet at one point... I don't even remember what happened. However what I do remember is discovering that I was with child, and then Vivian pushed me down the stairs."
Julian pulled her against him, crushing her to his chest and holding her close. This poor beautiful woman being held in his arms had gone through a terrible ordeal. She had been with child, and then had been pushed down the stairs against her will and lost the baby. She had gone through more agony than any woman deserved to go through.
Rosalie came away, tears cascading down her cheeks as she stared at him. "I understand if you don't wish to see me anymore your grace. I've been ruined beyond repair."
Julian took her face between his hands. "You are not ruined Rosalie. And my feelings for you haven't changed after this information. At least not for the worse. They have changed for the better."
Rosalie's eyes widened. "Do you still love me?"
Julian brushed his lips tenderly against hers. "Oui ma cherie. I love you so very much, to the point where it hurts to be away from you. I'm going to make sure that beginning tonight, you're going to receive nothing but love and adoration, compassion and tenderness, from me and no one else."
Rosalie brought his lips to hers for a deep and passionate kiss. "And I love and adore you with all of my heart and soul, to the point where I can't breathe whenever we are apart. I'm going to make sure that you are loved and adored just as much as I am. You are going to be cherished and desired by me and no one else."
Julian smiled, caressing her cheek. "The question is, what would you like me to call you? Rosalie or Jacqueline?"
Rosalie's amethyst eyes started sparkling. "Lord Belmont, from this moment forward, you may call me Jacqueline."
Julian's eyes became bright with excitement. "Very well then Jacqueline. Before our evening of pleasure begins, I believe we should bathe."
Rosalie's eyes widened and her heart gave a jolt. "Do you mean together?"
Julian began to remove the strings of her gown, his lips finding her neck and beginning to engulf it with kisses. "Exactly."
Rosalie whimpered softly with pleasure, tilting her head to the side to give him more room. "Then lead the way pussycat."
Julian smiled, kissing her neck once more. "Before we go into the Bathing chamber my love, we must undress."
Rosalie giggled. "I believe you're already doing that."
Within moments, they began removing one another's clothing, watching as peace after piece of fabric melted away to reveal skin. Once they were both naked, they took a few steps back to admire one another. And what they saw made their bodies become hot and burning with desire.