Chapter 3. 1855 

The following week, Julian was seated at his desk, sorting through paperwork. For the last several days, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about Rosalie. Her beautiful and luscious lips, accompanied by those breathtaking deep purple eyes. And her body? Those gorgeous and full curves had his cock throbbing.
Julian massaged his temples, his body burning. He was wanting Rosalie Blanchett badly. He needed to see her again, to kiss her and touch her. To make love to her. To claim her.
Getting up from his desk, Julian moved toward the large glass window overlooking the countryside of Paris. He could visibly see the Eiffel tower off in the distance, as well as the lovely city lights. What he wouldn't give to travel through those streets with Rosalie at his side.
Benjamin. "Your grace?"
Julian turned his attention to his valet, shaking his head to erase those images from his mind. "Yes?"
Benjamin. "I do hate to disturb you sir, but this has come for you." he extended his hand which revealed a sealed envelope.
Julian took the envelope from him. "Thank you."
Benjamin turned and left the room, closing the door behind him to give his master some privacy.
Taking a seat on the chaise by the window, Julian opened the envelope and removed a single sheet of paper. Placing the envelope onto the desk, he studied the elegant feminine handwriting. He had a feeling the letter was from Rosalie, and what was written confirmed his suspicions.
My dear Lord Belmont,
I do hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to you on behalf of my own sanity. I needed to speak to you again, to see you and be away from the torture that has been plaguing me for the last week.
My mother hasn't stopped being my matchmaker. For the last several days I've received five gentlemen every single day. Dukes and viscounts, barons and Earls. Even a few marquise. It's driving me mad!
A friend of mine is hosting a dinner party and ball tomorrow night, and I was wondering if you would like to accompany me. It will give us a chance to see each other again, and give me a chance to be away from my mother for a night.
I look forward to getting to see you again pussycat.
Yours,
Rosalie
Julian felt as if his body was going to explode. Rosalie was inviting him to a dinner and soirée with her the following evening. She was wanting to see him again, just as badly as he was wanting to see her.
Rising to his feet, Julian walked back to his desk, sat down, and took up a pen and piece of paper. He was going to write a reply to Rosalie and make sure that he told her he was attending that dinner and ball. The Duke of Brittany wasn't going to miss the opportunity to see Miss Blanchett again.
My dearest Miss Blanchett,
I will attend the dinner and ball with you tomorrow evening. I am very much looking forward to getting to see you again. Until tomorrow, my seductress.
Yours,
Julian
Placing the letter into an empty envelope, Julian sealed it with the Brittany seal and gave it to Benjamin. Instructing him to take it to the address of Rosalie's estate, he turned his attention back to the pile of paperwork before him on the desk. He had to get a few more papers signed and sent out. But as he began working once again, his thoughts drifted to dark red curls and amethyst eyes. The dinner and ball couldn't come fast enough.
***
Rosalie was just stepping out of a warm bath and was sitting at her dressing table in a lavender robe, when her lady in waiting, Cassandra, brought her a letter. She smiled at her. "Thank you Cassandra."
Cassandra smiled and left the room.
Having a feeling the Duke of Britney had responded to her letter, Rosalie opened the envelope and took out a sheet of paper. She smiled. Julian had replied to her invitation, and was going to attend Francesca's dinner and ball with her. Wonderful, she thought. They would finally have an opportunity to see each other again.
Placing Julian's letter onto the dressing table, Rosalie changed into a nightgown and climbed into bed. Placing her head onto her pillow, she closed her eyes and was immediately swamped by images of dark brown curls and vibrant dark green eyes. She couldn't wait to see Julian again the following evening. And hopefully her mother wouldn't become involved.
Little did Julian and Rosalie realize that Francesca's dinner and soirée was going to change their lives forever.