2 | the s t a r e

| C A D E N |

     STIFLING A YAWN, Caden rolled his shoulders. He'd been sitting in general assembly for the past twenty minutes and was now three seconds away from falling asleep.

Hearing a snicker beside him, Caden looked at his friend.

Ryder was wearing an amused expression, possibly finding joy in his best friend fighting sleep. "It's not that boring," Ryder said.

Caden scoffed before looking away.

Meadowbrook's dean was on the stage, standing behind a podium and giving a harsh speech based on the events of yesterday. "I hope none of you were involved in the shooting that took place last night. Meadowbrook frowns down on the actions of these perpetrators and we will not rest until they are caught," he chastised. "That is all I have to say. Now, you all have five minutes to get to class or there will be severe consequences! Have a good day, Meadowbrook Wolves!"

Low murmurs stemmed from the cluster of students as they strolled out of the auditorium.

Trailing beside Ryder, Caden said, "I almost believed his speech that time."

"Yea, almost. Severe consequences my ass," Ryder said, scoffing while he pulled his phone out of his navy blue uniform jacket. "Did you see GreySlate's post last night?"

"You know the answer to that," Caden said with a scoff.

"Well, look at it," Ryder urged, giving his friend his phone.

Sighing, Caden took his time to read the blog post.

•••

EYESORE ADAM & PARTYGOERS PULL A USAIN.

•••

Welcome back, Slaters.

Last night's party was wild, wasn't it?

Once again. . . EL Adam made a fool of himself on the dance floor. For a person who brags that they're good at everything, you should've been a better dancer.

Pray tell that's not how you are in the bedroom. . . and the bathroom too, for that matter.

Figured it was a long, pitiful minute of 'heaven' for WR ShaunaKaye when you both disappeared into the bathroom with the broken toilet. {And whoever clogged that toilet, please refrain from eating Takis again. Prayers to whoever had to clean up that explosive mess after you.}

Anyway. . . Adam. This is said in the kindest way possible: you're an atrocity. A disgrace. Someone even went as far as to say your dancing is an eyesore that made them want to pluck their eyes out.

But if you had plucked your eyes out, would you have seen what happened next?

Slaters, the attached video is SPICY.

[ |──────── 1:03 ]

Crazy, isn't it?

Who records a video without at least trying to keep the phone a bit more steady?

But most importantly. . . who shoots up a party of teenagers?