48 | the m e n d

| A L Y S S A |

SHE DIDN'T WANT TO READ OVER the draft she'd been toying with since yesterday. But she needed to. This was the only way she could tell her story - writing had always been one of her strong suites.

Intaking a deep breath, she decided whatever changes made from here on out, would be the last edits made to the GreySlate post.

•••

PROFESSOR ALEXI THOMAS DIED.

•••

Welcome back, Slaters.

You read that right. The person that some of us grew to know and love, is dead.

Rarely do I put my personal opinions on here... but what else can I do when it hits so close to home?

Not just for me, of course, but for all of us. Students, Professors and parents alike.

I know, I know... We should all be grieving. No, we should all be rolling around on the ground like a piglet in mud, bawling our eyes out and asking a higher power, 'Oh God, why?' {Or whatever religion you practice. We all know this blog has always been VERY inclusive.}

But that's not why I'm here today.

Because in all honesty... I'm PROFUSELY grateful that Alexi Thomas is dead.

It's what he deserved.

You might be wondering why I'm so thankful that a person is no longer here with us on the great land of the living... but maybe if you understood my story, you'd be thankful too.

So I'll make you understand.

No, I'll ensure you understand...

~virtually clears throat~ Ahem.

Allow me to reintroduce myself.

i'm Alyssa Bryant.

seventeen years old. avid reader. cat mom. Nicki Minaj and Danielle Steel's biggest fan. step daughter to Alexi Thomas.

processed your shock yet? yes? no? if 'no', too bad! because i'm moving on, time is of essence. though time isn't much of a virtue to me anymore...

anyway, yea... in recent months, i've been behind GreySlate.

maybe, i'm a bad person to share the secrets told to me, those i overheard, and those that were submitted, but... what else can i say? rich people are always bored. we have to find a way to entertain ourselves. even if it means the expense is dragging down others.

i know that writing a 'tell all' comes with the risk of unfolding havoc and drama... so before i dive in, i want you all to understand that's quite literally the opposite of what i'm trying to do. i'm only coming clean because i've reached my limit.

i REALLY need to do this.

i need to tell my... no, our... i need to tell OUR story.