22 | the r e c o r d

| Z O Y A |

     TODAY WAS THURSDAY. Zoya should've been bent over a desk while Alexi fucked her senseless. Instead. . . she lied that she was on her period.

She wanted to see Caden.

So she did.

Zoya was currently on the sidelines watching her school play against Caden's. Though she probably shouldn't have admitted this, she was cheering for Meadowbrook's win. More specifically - Caden's.

The sweat on his forehead was glistening beneath the sun, but he was still so attractive to her.

Zoya wanted to pinch herself when she realized where her thoughts were heading. . . Despite almost kissing twice, Caden was a friend. Whatever she was developing, she should've nipped it in the bud.

But she allowed herself to feel, just this once. In fact, she reveled in the feeling.

She watched as Caden dribbled around Malique, causing Malique to fail to tackle him and fall flat.

Malique got up and exclaimed, "How's that not a foul?!"

Zoya hissed her teeth. Shut up and play the rass game!

She smiled when the referee wagged a finger at Malique and went back to the fast moving game. She hadn't realized when Caden kicked the ball to someone before they returned it to him. As prepared as the goalkeeper was, he couldn't stop the ball when Caden blasted it into the net.

"Yes!" Zoya loudly cheered.

The Wesriveria crowd mugged her but she ignored them all. She cheered with the Meadowbrook crowd when the whistle blew, signaling the match's end.

When the players came off the field, Zoya pushed herself through the crowd until she stood before Caden. "GG!"

"Thanks," Caden said with a grin, taking greedy sips from a water bottle. "I heard you cheering louder than anyone else."

"They're going to kick me out Riveria," she joked, making him chuckle. Zoya smiled, loving the sound of his voice. Feeling bold, she stepped into his arms, smiling when he returned the gesture. Too happy being in his hold, she didn't mind his sweat.

"What's this for?" he asked, lightly chuckling despite the shock in his voice.

Zoya was shocked too. Whenever she was around him, she became senseless. The only thing she had a complete understanding of, was being as close as possible to him with all his attention on her.

"For winning," Zoya answered. "Two goals out of three has to be like a record or something."

Caden chuckled. "It's not but thank you."

"Caden! Don't downplay it. You were amazing!"

"Yea?" he asked and she nodded with that unwavering smile. "I scored them for you."

She was sure her heart tore through her chest at that point. Her smile was so wide her cheeks hurt.

Caden Scott did things to Zoya Brown that friends weren't supposed to feel, and as he tightened his hold around her. . .

She realized she didn't mind at all.

***

     THE FOLLOWING DAY, Zoya's heart was pounding as she settled into the blocks. She was feeling many things but anxiety and excitement were the main two.

She came second in the 100m not too long ago and now she was about to do the 200m - her favorite event.

Caden won for her yesterday, she needed to do the same for them.