6 | the c o n t r a c t

| Z O Y A |

    STANDING A SHORT DISTANCE FROM SUGARZ COFFEE SHOP, Zoya tightened the sweater around herself. Despite the peak of winter still a-coming, the chilly Georgia night had Zoya craving cool Jamaican breeze.

On the bright side, the frigid wind that nipped at her skin was doing a wonderful job at preventing her from sweating. Despite having almost a week to get her thoughts together, she was still riddled with nerves at what she was about to do.

She'd be fucking her teacher for a grade.

She lowly chuckled. "Cya believe me really a do this."

Looking around the not so busy street, she smiled when she saw a familiar face. "Ryder!"

Hearing his name, Ryder looked around, smiling when he saw Zoya. Releasing the door handle to Sugarz, he dipped his hands in his pockets and strolled over. "Hey, Zoya."

"Hey, it's good to see you! After the shooting and all. . ." she said, remembering her cousin's warning but ignoring it.

Ryder nodded. "That stuff doesn't usually happen around here. Has Riveria said anything about it?"

"Nope," she said with a shake of her head.

Ryder looked away in thought. "Yea, same for Meadowbrook. Not that I expected any different from them."

Zoya chuckled, looking behind Ryder when the door opened. A tall, dark-skin guy around Ryder's six foot height came out of Sugarz. His hair was lowcut in waves, making him look more attractive than he was.

Realizing she was blatantly checking out the newcomer, Zoya looked away to Ryder and noticed they both wore black polo shirts with a Sugarz logo.

"This is my brother," Ryder introduced, nudging his friend.

"Nice to meet you. . ." Zoya politely greeted, trailing off when she felt her phone vibrate in her hand.

UNKNOWN: I'm here.

A smile unknowingly slipped onto her face and her heart skipped a beat.

Nerves a nyam mi.

Looking back at Ryder and his friend, her lips parted to tell them she had to go.

"I like your accent," the boy said, cutting her off.

"Thank you," she said with a blush, wondering if she should have complimented his own voice. She was always attracted to deep, masculine voices.

Like Alexi's.

"I have to go," she said, taking a step back. "Bye, Ryder," she said, looking at Ryder who nodded. "And. . ."

"Caden."

"Caden," she said, turning to walk off then pausing. Turning back around, she said, "I'm Zoya."

"See you around, Zoya," Caden said with a smile that made her smile too.

Walking off, she heard Sugarz's bell ring. Glancing over her shoulder, Zoya saw Caden looking back at her too. Feeling guilty, she quickly looked away and walked off to Alexi's heavily tinted rental car.

***

Sitting on the edge of the bed in the wooden cabin, Zoya looked about the cabin. Though there weren't any personal pictures nor items laying around, there were many quilts and plants that made this a perfect vacation home.

Perfect for having sex with my teacher. . .

Now me think bout it, me feel cheap.

"Zoya," came Alexi's voice.