14 | the d a n c e

| Z O Y A |

     STOMPING INTO THE CLASSROOM, Zoya was prepared to give Alexi the tongue lashing of a lifetime. She came to a halt when she realized they had a substitute teacher.

Finding her seat, she whispered to ShaunaKaye, "Where's Professor Thomas?"

ShaunaKaye shrugged and Zoya looked away with an angry huff. If someone looked close enough, they could see heat steaming from her ears.

First, he brings us to a hotel after our date and gives me some good sex with lube so it hurt less. . .

Then, I wake up in the morning with one of those debit cards sold at Walmart on the bedside table, with a note saying I should take an Uber home. . .

I was so angry, I found myself at Sugarz and I still don't know why. The only thing I know is that I was disappointed when I didn't see Caden but at least Ryder put me in a better mood. I went home and texted Alexi all weekend and he didn't answer and now he's not at class?

Who this man really think him be? Cause me nuh know when since big whoring eedyat yamhead gyal write pon my farid!

Still fuming, she didn't realize when class ended and she was at lunch, fidgeting her legs while Malique tried to calm her down.

"Awa do yu, Zoya?" Malique asked, hand laid on her shoulder.

"It look like nun do mi?" she snapped.

Jacob burst out laughing. "I don't know what she just said but I agree."

Malique frowned. "Babe, talk to her, please."

"I tried this morning but she just stormed out the room. . ." Pia said, wearily eyeing Zoya.

Malique sighed. "If yu waa talk about it after yu calm down, yu know where fi find mi. Come, Pia."

"Bye, guys," Pia said, standing and giving Zoya another concerned look before joining hands with Malique then walking off.

"I need to get to the library to finish this homework so I have to go too," Jacob said before leaving.

Alyssa sighed and laid a hand on Zoya's shoulder. "Let's go for a walk."

She didn't answer, not having the will to say 'no' despite wanting to be left alone.

"Come, Zoya," Alyssa pressed. "I hate seeing you like this."

Sighing, she realized how foolish she was being. . . Alexi had no obligation to her outside of their contract: 'You fuck me for your pleasure and I fuck you for a grade.' He didn't owe her rides home nor goodnight kisses, though she had to admit she was becoming used to them.

"Fine," Zoya said and stood. She needed to do something before her anger completely devoured her insides. The weekend was already rough as is.

I'm angry but I miss him. I hope he's okay. . .

Smiling, Alyssa led them to the gym and to the top of the bleachers. "I usually do this thing I like to call people watching. It helps me to get my mind off my own problems."

"People watching?" Zoya asked, curious.

"Yea, like, you just choose a random person and make up a story for their life. . ." Alyssa trailed off and looked at a boy who was doing jumping jacks. "Him. His girlfriend threatened to break up with him because he's too fat so he's trying to lose weight before he loses her."

"Yu know seh yu mad, doh?" Zoya said, laughing a bit before looking at someone. "Okay. . . her. She has terrible lactose intolerance but she doesn't care. After she's done eating her ice-cream, she's going to have explosive diarrhea so bad it leaves a stench in the school and they send us home early."