WINNING WARRIORS

CITY OF STARS.
11. ❛ winning warriors.

ERIK GRUNTED AS SHURI blasted him away with her gauntlets, struggling to keep him at bay.

"Shuri, I got 'em. What do I do?" Ross said over the comms.

"Shoot them down, genius!" Shuri responded back, continuing to fire at Erik. With Erik distracted enough, Nakia attacked him from behind.

He turned on his heel, slicing the air with his sword. Nakia ducked from it and stood up quickly. Erik stumbled back, taken off guard as Nakia bounced her rings off his torso.

When Shuri fired at Erik again, he turned giving Nakia time to quickly grab his other sword, completely disarming him. She lifted both arms, but Erik grabbed her wrists. Tugging her wrists away, Nakia swiped her rings at him again. The man ducked, cutting her in the thigh. Nakia cried out and Erik hurled her away.

Shuri fired at Erik, using her repulsers to force him to his knees. He grunted, covering his ears from the noise. Seeing his spearhead near him, he grabbed it, smacking it against her blasters to damage them.

Erik grabbed one of her repulsers, crushing it as Shuri attempted to fire the other. Erik threw her to the ground. Taking off his mask, he smirked down at her. "Hey, Princess."

Shuri smirked back, backing up the the edge of the underground cave, "You'll never be a true King."

Aria looked up from where she stabbed a man in his knee with her arrow, her eyes widening when she realized Shuri was in trouble. Aria whistled a high note in the King's direction and watched as Erik stumble a bit from the noise that flooded his ears.

Shuri smirked and Erik just frowned at her, striking forward with his spear but only to get tackled into the hole by T'Challa. Shuri felt her heart drop to her stomach as she watched her brother and cousin fall, "Brother!"

Aria punched a man out of her way before she ran to Shuri. Once she got there she kneeled down and examined a bloody scratch of her cheek, "Are you alright? Does it hurt?"

"I'm okay, what about you. I saw that fall you took earlier." Shuri stood up, rolling her aching shoulders back. "You can go back to my lab and wait there if you want."

"I'm fine, trust me. Now come on, we have to go check on Nakia." Aria motioned to the girl down the hill and when Shuri nodded they both went to rush to Nakia's side.

Aria grimaced after seeing the claw marks from Killmonger's panther suit along her thigh. "Come on, sit up." Aria encouraged even as Nakia winced in pain when she tried to sit up.

Shuri examined the wound before looking up at the woman, "Are you okay?"

Nakia pushed Shuri's hand away and stood up with the help of Aria, "I'm fine, and you two?" They both nodded at her.

Nakia let go of Aria and tried to block out the pain, "Let's go."

The three stood up and ran out into the field, quickly spotting Okoye and helping her in the fight. As they got close together, the Border Tribe put up their blankets, forming a shield around all of them.

Shuri and Aria were back to back, both of their weapons raised at the shields as the men slowly inched closer, drawing them closer together.

"Surrender now!" W'Kabi yelled over the commotion, on the back of a rhino. "You have three seconds to lay down your weapons. One! Two Th-"

W'Kabi was cut off by a distance chanting and barking. Everyone turned to the noise. "Witness the might of the Jabari!" M'Baku called out, suddenly appearing on a large rock, holding up a man from the Border Tribe by their collar. "First hand!" The man yelled as M'Baku easily threw him to the side, his body crashing against the shield.

Okoye, Nakia and Shuri smiled at M'Baku while Aria rolled her eyes at the thought of being saved by the man.

From behind, the Jabari attacked, allowing the five women to counter attack on the Border Tribe. M'Baku easily made this way thorough the men, smacking each one with his staff. He clicked his heels on the sides of his animal, charging it at him.

Aria turned to her head to the side to talk to the gorila-like man, "Just because you saved us doesn't mean I like you now."

M'Baku watched as she released her arrow without looking, he scoffed with a shrug, "Good because I still don't like you. You're... annoying."

"You're arrogant."

"So are you."

"I'm leaving." Aria shook her head and started to walk away.

Okoye rushed forward, once she saw the rhino charging at M'Baku and Aria. She quickly stood in between the pair and the animal. The rhino quickly halted to a stop, licking Okoye's cheek. Aria let out a small chuckle and ran to Shuri's side, joining her fight.

W'Kabi slowly dismounted the animal, taking slow steps towards her. Okoye kept a hard, icy glare. "Drop, your, weapon!"

He softened his eyes and looked at her, "Would you kill me, my love?"

"For Wakanda?" Okoye raised her eyebrows, her glare unwavering. She suddenly lifted and pointed her staff at her husband, "Without question."

W'Kabi took out his weapon, looking around the two as the battle unfolded. W'Kabi looked down at the grass, pausing. Lifting his weapon, he dropped it and kneeled before Okoye. A few of the Border Tribe caught sight of this, stopping their fighting and dropping their weapons.

Aria used a hooked arrow to gesture towards the ground after the man in front of her stood standing. Once he kneeled as well, Aria smiled and unhooked her arrow, placing it back in her quiver.