IMMORTALS

CITY OF STARS.
36. ❛ immortals.

AQUARIA, CLINT, NEBULA, and Gamora all dug themselves out of the rubble that they were under and finally stumbled through the dust-ridden land.

Aquaria coughed and used her hand to wipe the blood and sweat off her forehead. Her leg was killing her so Clint offered to help her walk which she was grateful for.

Aquaria squinted as she leaned on Clint, in the distance, she could make out two figures before a hoard of aliens followed. Her eyes widened slightly when she saw Thanos' broad and tall frame glaring down at Steve Rogers as he lay battered on the ground with only half his shield left. Clenching his teeth, he rolled onto his side.

"In all my years of conquest," the Titan surveyed the area. "Violence... slaughter. It was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn annoying little planet; I'm going to enjoy it. Very, very much."

Behind Thanos, in the distance, a bright beam of light hit the Earth. From the light emerged his army of all shapes and sizes; including the Black Order, a field of Chitauri, and the Outriders.

Steve placed his forearms on the dirt, grunting through his teeth as he forced himself to stand up. He panted when he finally stood, peering across the land at the Titan. He glanced down at his arm, noticing a wide gash along the inside. With a shaking hand, he reached up and tightened the strap on his shield.

He walked forward, eyes trained on how he was vastly outnumbered. Beside him, the sun peaked through the smoke and the clouds slightly. It was an eerie sight to all as the dust and dirt settled slowly.

Aquaria, although she swore she wouldn't, limped towards Steve to help him against the mad Titan. No matter how much she didn't want to help, she had a heart a little too kind to not help.

Finally reaching his side, Aquaria laid a hand on his shoulder and smiled up at the Captain. Steve blinked away his pain and managed a small smile for the young girl.

A sudden voice cut into his comm, mixed with static. Steve froze, eyes moving to the dirt as he listened closely. His eyes going slightly wide, he looked around.

"Cap, you hear me?" The voice spoke, which made Steve turn to face Aquaria hoping she could hear what he did, "Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?"

Aquaria nodded then her comms crackled again before she heard a voice. "I take it you liked the suit, Aria?"

"On your left."

The hopeful pair turned, watching as an orange portal opened. A bright light cast from it and suddenly three figures emerged.

Walked out were Shuri, T'Challa, and Okoye.

Aquaria released a choked sob and held the back of her hand to her mouth to muffle it. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. T'Challa looked at the young girl with blue hair and nodded slightly with a smile.

Her brown eyes caught Shuri's and she grinned so widely that it made her cheeks hurt.

Shuri let out a small chuckle at the tears streaming down Aria's cheeks but a part of her ached for her girlfriend and the pain she no doubt felt without her. It was evident that time had a toll on Aria, as it would on anyone, but Shuri did not mind.

Steve's shoulders dropped as tears stung his eyes. He panted, his mouth slightly gapped as Sam Wilson suddenly soared from the portal, looping around the sky as multiple portals now opened around the Captain and the archer.

A portal emerged near Steve and Aquaria's right. Doctor Strange floated in the air, Drax rushed forward with his daggers and Mantis held up her hands. Peter Quill jogged forward, taking off his mask. Peter Parker swung down before letting his mask fall away.

"Yibambe!" T'Challa shouted as Steve finally broke a smile.

Behind the three, a large army of the Kings guards and the Dora Milaje approached. "Yibambe!"

And it wasn't just Wakanda's army, it was Asgard's army, the entire legion of sorcerers that came with Doctor Strange and Wong, and many more. Pepper Potts joined their side and landed in her very own Iron Suit that Tony had built her.

Aquaria's heart leaped with joy as she caught Bucky's gaze. She waved frantically in his direction with a wide smile that was so contagious he smiled and waved back.

"Is that everyone?" Stephen Strange said in his usual monotoned voice, turning his head to his partner Wong.

Wong glared at him. "Like you wanted more."

Thor smiled as Tony sat up with wide eyes as he surveyed the sudden crowd of heroes. Everyone's heads turned as Scott broke from the crushed building. Opening his hand, Bruce, Rhodey, and Rocket all jumped off.

Steve turned back to the Titan and his army, shooting a challenging look.

"Avengers!" Steve shouted, all hearing him over their comms. Outstretching his free hand, the Mjölnir flew into his hand. Steve clenched his jaw, glaring straight ahead.

"Assemble."

Thor shouted a sudden battle cry before everyone followed suit; rushing forward at full speed. The Kingsmen and Dora Milaje cried out as Valkyrie and her company flew overhead Rhodey and Sam soared side by side with Rocket. Scott stomped forward and the Wasp used her suit to fly too.

Thanos lifted his double-edged sword, commencing the battle. Then both sides collided.

Steve slammed the hammer on the ground, sending a bolt of lightning to an on-coming Chitauri. Aquaria used her aquatic powers to strangle and suffocate anything that came in her direction as Scott punched down a Chitauri ship overhead. M'Baku cries out as he swings his heavy staff down on an enemy.

T'Challa spun in the air, skillfully kicking someone as Okoye swings her spear around. Shuri fires her Vibranium gauntlets as Drax jumps on an alien's back, using his daggers to stab him.

Pepper flies above, blasting a Chitauri ship. Tony swoops in and the pair defend and attack back to back. Steve and Thor fight together back on the ground, and Steve uses his destroyed shield as best as he can. Thor grabs hold of the hammer as Steve grabs the axe.

Thor shakes his head, "No, no, give me that." Steve tosses the axe as Thor throws the hammer. "You have the little one."

Steve shakes his head, turning and fighting more. Thor launches into the air, leaving the scene.

When Cull raises his arms to attack, Tony's suddenly pulled back before falling to the ground. Scott suddenly steps on him, killing Cull. Behind Scott's foot, Peter stood proudly.

Peter jumped forward, helping Tony to stand. "Holy cow! You won't believe what's been going on. You remember when we were in space?" Peter asked in a quiet voice. Tony pauses, taking a small moment to realize Peter was alive. "Well we got all dusty, and I must've passed out 'cause I woke up and you were gone, and Doctor Strange was there, right? And he's like it's been five years, come on! And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing he does all the time-"

He was cut off by Tony leaning forward and enveloping him in a tight hug. Peter froze, blinking a few times. "Oh, this is nice..."

a/n: next chapter we get a shuri and aquaria reunion!! might publish later 🤭