QUANTUM REALM

CITY OF STARS.
31. ❛ quantum realm.

ALL OF THE AVENGERS were gathered together at the table with various boxes of Chinese takeout scattered, everyone, munching on food.

After tasting the chicken potstickers, Aquaria stole almost all of them and munched on them from her comfortable place on the couch.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket announced loudly to the room, standing on the table now talking about the Power Stone.

"Is that a person?" Bruce asked, shoving another spoonful of his A-Hulk-A-Hunk A Burning Fudge ice cream into his mouth

"Morag's a planet." Rocket corrected harshly. "Quill's a person."

Scott, sitting at one of the ends of the table, lifted his head with a noodle hanging from his mouth. "Like a planet? Like in outer space?" He then proceeded to slurp up his food.

Rocket walked up to him. "Aw, look at it. It's like a little puppy; all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space!"

Scott moved his head away from Rocket's outstretched hand. Aquaria chuckled and stuffed another potsticker into her mouth.

"Are you going to save us any potstickers, bubbles?" Tony asked and looked at the boxes around the princess.

Aquaria pretend to think about it before shaking her head with a smile, "No."

TWO HOURS LATER they had completed all the needed information on the Reality and Power Stones. Now it was time for the Soul Stone, the trickiest of all because little was known of it.

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir," Nebula told the group.

"What is Vormir?" Natasha asked as she attentively took notes of what was being said.

"A dominion of Death," Nebula blatantly said. "At the very center of Celestial existence. It's where Thanos murdered my sister."

"No thank you," Aquaria mumbled under her breath.

"Not it," Scott commented and just sheepishly smiled as he let Nebula continue.

"OKAY, ARE YOU READY?" Clint asked as he and Aquaria's stood back to back.

Both archers got bored listening to people so had left the room. Now they were in the training room with arrows drawn at opposite walls. They were testing who could shoot faster.

"Let's do this, Clint." Aquaria nodded confidently and Clint pressed a button, ten tennis balls were launched from two machines and arrows immediately began firing, pinning green tennis balls to a wall.

It was safe to say one archer was an extremely sore loser and the other boasted of their greatness. Guess you'll never know who it was.

"ALRIGHT, WE HAVE A plan," Steve stated firmly the next morning, stepping right into his leadership role. "Six Stones. Three teams. One shot."

Group one consisted of Steve, Tony, Bruce, and Scott going to New York in 2012 which had the Mind Stone, the Time Stone, and the Space Stone.

Group two consisted of Rocket, Thor, and Aquaria going to Asgard 2013 which had the Reality Stone on it.

And group three consisted of Rhodey, Nebula, Clint, and Natasha. Rhodey and Nebula were going to Morag in 2014 to get the Power Stone while Clint and Natasha were going to Vormir in 2014, which had the Soul Stone.

Aquaria crossed her arms over her chest uncomfortably. She really didn't want to do this but people were counting on her. She owed it to the broken families in Talokan, to the grief-stricken Queen of Wakanda, and Shuri. Fear was tugging at her heartstrings and she tried to ignore it but she knew this was the right thing to do.

THE AVENGERS MADE their way toward the quantum portal they had built in a matter of days. Everyone walked with determination and confidence wearing quantum suits that were off-white with red accents.

"Five years ago, we lost." Steve started as everyone gathered in a circle. "All of us. We lost friends, we lost family, loved ones; we lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back."

"You know your teams, you know your missions; get the Stones, get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes, no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But that doesn't mean we know what to expect. Be careful, and look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're going to win."

Tony gave Steve a side look, hope, adrenaline, and admiration were all present in his smile. "Whatever it takes." Steve finished his speech with a nod, meeting his gaze to Tony's. "Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket commented, a sense of surprise in his voice.

"Right?" Scott marveled in awe.

"Alright, you heard the man," Tony called to Bruce. "Stroke those keys, Jolly Green."

"Tractors engaged," Bruce responded before quickly making his way onto the portal plate.

Rocket stared across at Clint who held the shrunken Benatar in his hand. "You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Clint waved him off with a small smile. "I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket commented jokingly with a shrug.

"Let's hope this works," Aquaria mumbled to Nebula who nodded.

Natasha chuckled and shifted her weight from foot to foot, excited for their new mission and to bring her family back. She looked up at Steve, green eyes shining. "See you in a minute."

Steve smiled back as the portal whirred to life.

The ground beneath them started to rotate and in the next second, everyone's masks formed around their faces. The unfamiliar feeling took over Aquaria of being sucked into the endless vortex better known as the Quantum Realm.

She roughly landed on her feet, blinking profusely to focus her eyes. She stood next to Rocket and Thor.

Her white suit disintegrated and the suit Shuri made formed around her body. She looked up in awe at the glistening regal gold of Asgard.