ONE ARMED BUCK

CITY OF STARS.
13. ❛ one armed buck.

THE LITTLE BOYS STOOD AND stared at the sleeping man, all having yellow and white paint around their eyes. When the white, one-armed man suddenly woke, they all scrambled to exit the small hut.

When they ran out, they saw Shuri talking to Aria, seeming as happy as ever. Crowding around the two, they started to giggle. Shuri smiled down at them. "Are you playing around with that man again?"

"No." One of them answered, followed by more giggling.

Aria smiled and looked up, her smile dimming slightly at the sight of the man, "I'll go take care of the kids." Shuri nodded and gave Aria's hand a squeeze before letting her go, "Let's go, boys, I can go tell you a story about the lost city, Talokan."

The boys all nodded and talked amongst each other, dragging the siren by her hands to their homes. Shuri chuckled when Aria turned back to her and threw a thumbs-up.

James Barnes slowly emerged from the hut, he was wearing red clothing with a blue cloth fixed around his missing left arm. He looked out at the view before his piercing blue eyes landed on the Wakandan princess.

Shuri nodded at the man as he approached her by the lakeside. "Good morning, Sargent Barnes."

"Bucky." He corrected.

Shuri smiled and nodded,  "How are you feeling?"

"Good. Thank you."

"Come, much for you to learn before I leave."

Bucky screwed his eyebrows together, "Leave? Where are you going?"

"I'm taking a friend on a trip. She's not...from around here so we'll be traveling the world together." Shuri explained and started to walk towards the hut Aria was in.

Bucky nodded and followed Shuri as she pulled back the drape of the hut a certain blue-haired siren princess was sitting in, letting her wrap up her story before they went back to the palace.

Aria turned around to see Shuri gesture to the palace and she held up a finger so Shuri could give her a minute. The siren turned back to the three intrigued boys and wrapped her story up. "El Niño Sin Amor. That's where he got his chilling name from, Namor, they called him. Over time that title became more fitting after the King lost everything. You see, Talokan once had a queen. One who loved her people with all her heart but they lost her to the hands of the enemy; it was a tragic tale painted on the walls of the king's mural. He went on ruling even with his troubled daughter, the hole in his chest slowly darkening with every minute he spent away from his late love. But he always told his daughter that only the most broken people can be great leaders."

All the boys stared up at the girl with wide eyes and gaped mouths, "Well," Aria clapped her hands together, dusting herself up as she stood up, "That's all I have time for right now but we'll continue another day."

All of the boys nodded and Aria left the hut, spotting Shuri and Bucky waiting for her, "Ready?" The two nodded and they all started their way back to the palace.

"So, you're the other broken white boy Shuri fixed?" Aria questioned and Shuri turned around to throw the girl a look.

Bucky chuckled with a nod, "Yes, I'm the broken white boy as Shuri so nicely put it."

"Great, I'm Princess Aquaria." Aria introduced herself and held her hand out for a handshake.

"What's with the-" Bucky motioned to the girl's hair with his finger, "Blue hair?"