MORNING TALKS

CITY OF STARS.
41. ❛ morning talks.

HUSHED BREATHING and soft whispers were all that could be heard throughout the comfort of the Wakandan princess' room. Every once in a while, a giggle could be heard with a Talokanil accent to follow.

It had been a couple of weeks since Aria had come back to Wakanda and she slowly fell back into her normal routine of being back on the surface with her girlfriend. Of course, she and Shuri had their own problems to deal with after the five years of hell but things were going smoothly.

So now, the two lay down on Shuri's bed, just simply talking to one another. Aria had her head laying on Shuri's stomach with her securing arms wrapped around the princess' waist. Shuri talked softly about anything and everything as she ran her long, slender fingers through Aria's soft midnight-blue hair.

"Hey, Aria?" Shuri whispered, staring up at her ceiling, dark brown eyes swirling with thoughts.

"Hmm?" Aria hummed out lazily and lifted her head to look up at her girlfriend.

"I love you."

Aria visibly stiffened up and let her jaw drop. She didn't think Shuri was ever going to say those three words. She, of course, loved the princess back but it took a moment for her brain to fully register what Shuri had just said.

The archer swallowed the lump in her throat and made eye contact with her girlfriend, "Y-You love me?"

"Yes." Shuri nodded, her fingers delicately rubbing against Aria's pointed ears. "I love you."

"B-But why? You know who I am right? Do you know where I come from? Shuri, I'm not the same girl you met six years ago. After the battle against Thanos here... I haven't been the same. I lost everything and a part of me just never recovered from what I went through. My hands still shake, I'm not as nice, Shuri, I've done things. Things I'm not proud of and out of what? Anger? Vengeance? I can't even wear short dresses or cropped shirts because of the scars littering my body. I went through something you can't even begin to fathom and you can't fix me. Shuri I-"

"No." Shuri shook her head as Aria got in a more comfortable position to look back at Shuri. "I know who you are. And I love you." She took Aria's face in her hands but Aria wouldn't look at her. "Look at me."

Aria turned her head away but when Shuri turned it back, they made eye contact. "Look at me." Shuri smiled softly and brushed her thumbs across Aria's cheeks softly, "You will never hear me say that I desire to fix you because that would mean in some way, shape, or form that you are broken. And you can tell me about all of the battles that you claim you've lost, and all of the things you went through. It won't change the fact that you still choose to love with the utmost compassion under the utmost detrimental conditions. So, my darling love, please believe me when I say that the last thing you need is fixing because I love you for you."

Aria stayed silent with a smile creeping up her face. She moved upward and lightly kissed Shuri before pulling back and staring into her girlfriend's eyes, her hand drawing stars on Shuri's waist, "I love you too, princesa."

"I love you." Aria said it again and placed a kiss on Shuri's palm, "I love you." Then a kiss on her collarbone, "In yaakunech. (I love you.)" One on her nose, "In yaakunech. (I love you.)" Another on the cheek, "In yaakunech. (I love you.)" Lastly on Shuri's lips.

Shuri laughed and wrapped her arms around Aria's waist, pulling the Talokanil princess closer, "I got a question for you."

Aria furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side slightly, "What is it?"

"Would you still love me if I was a worm?"

Aria just stared at Shuri, waiting for her to elaborate and when Shuri didn't, Aria furrowed her eyebrows even more, "What?"

"Yeah," Shuri nodded, "I'm being serious. Would you still love me if I was a worm?"

"I... but you'd be a worm."

"Are you saying you wouldn't love me if I was a worm?"

Poor Aria looked so lost as she stammered, trying to figure out what to say, "Princesa, I'd love you any way you were but you'd be a-...worm. You wouldn't be able to talk to me or go in the water with me. You'd be a worm."

"So you wouldn't love me?" Shuri rose her eyebrows, a smile creeping up on her face at how Aria was struggling to answer.

"W-Well I'd have to turn myself into a worm to understand you. I think." Aria struggled to answer and finally gave up with a whine, dropping her head onto Shuri's shoulder, "Ugh, I don't know. I-I don't know. You know what? Yeah. Yeah, I'll still love you... I think."

Shuri laughed and kissed the top of Aria's head, "You're so cute, Aria."

"It's not funny!" Aria shook her head, "I seriously don't know how to answer."

A knock at the door stopped the two girls from talking any further. "It's open!" Shuri called out to the person behind the door.

Aria sat up and watched as T'Challa opened the door, a hand held to his stomach, seemingly in pain, but Shuri didn't notice.

"Good morning, breakfast is ready," T'Challa announced with a smile on his face. "When will you two be coming down?"

Aria held a grimace at the thought of leaving the comfortable bed and sank underneath the blankets, "What if I just stay here and-"

"We'll be right down." Shuri corrected with a thumbs up in her brother's direction.

T'Challa laughed with a nod, "I'll see you down there then."

Aria groaned and fell against the pillows with a 'plop.' Before she could open her mouth and complain about going to eat, the sound of a body hitting the floor made her sit right up.

Her eyes widened when she saw T'Challa fall unconscious and hit the floor. "Oh, my god." She pulled the blankets off and ran towards the king, her fingers looking for a pulse as she touched his forehead.

"Go get someone!" Aria called back to the princess who sat paralyzed. "Shuri! Go get someone!"

a/n: this act might get a little crazy but anyway, they said I love you to each other!!