THE AVENGERS

CITY OF STARS.
18. ❛ the avengers.

"I'M HERE," ARIA ANNOUNCED as she walked up to T'Challa, standing on his left. She had showered and changed into her suit but she was dying to take a nap but there was no time.

"Good." T'Challa nodded, putting his hand on Aria's shoulder before dropping it.

"When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world, this is not what I imagined," Okoye said with disappointment as they approached the landing pad for their guests.

TChalla glanced at her, "What did you imagine?"

"The Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks." When the jet landed, the hatch opened to reveal Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Sam Wilson, Bruce Banner, James Rhodes, Vision, and Wanda Maximoff.

Bruce looked at Rhodey as they approached the King of Wakanda and the unknown Princess, "Should we bow?"

"Yeah, they're royals." Rhodey nodded.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve greeted, sticking out his hand for T'Challa to shake. He turned to Aria and offered his hand, "I'm Steve Rogers."

"Princess Aquaria." Aria smiled, "You're Bucky's friend, correct?"

Steve furrowed his eyebrows, "You know Bucky?"

Aria nodded. "Yes."

Bruce cleared his throat, bending forward and bowing. Rhodey shot Bruce a look, acting as if their short conversation didn't happen, "What are you doing?"

T'Challa stuck out his hands. "We don't do that here."

Aria on the other hand bowed her head slightly and gave the man a respectful smile. As Steve and T'Challa led the way away, Bruce glared at Rhodey, receiving a playful bump to the shoulder.

"Your hair," Natasha started, walking up to the princess with confidence, "Is the blue natural?"

"Yes." Aria nodded. Since her arrival in Wakanda, her blue hair had changed slightly. It had grown extremely long and nearly touched her butt and since she spent so much time in the sun on her trip it had transformed a little bit lighter.

"I had blue hair when I was a kid." Natasha smiled down at the girl.

"Really?!"

"So, how big of an assault should we expect?" TChalla asked.

"Uh, sir? Sir?" Bruce shoved between Steve. "I think you should expect quite a big assault."

"How're we looking?" Natasha questioned, referring to defenses.

"You will have my Kings guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, our siren Princess Aquaria, and..."

"A semi-stable one-hundred-year-old man." Bucky Barnes said, walking forward with a smile. He was dressed in new royal blue amour and a new vibranium arm Wakanda had made for him.

"How have you been, Buck?" Steve smiled, giving Bucky a tight hug.

"Not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky smiled, looking at everyone. Bucky moved his head to the side to see the young siren, "How are you doing, Ariel?"