SPECIAL ENCOUNTERS

CITY OF STARS.
38. ❛ special encounters.

"CAP, WHAT DO YOU WANT me to do with this damn thing?!" Clint yelled frantically, sprinting across the terrain with the nano gauntlet tucked under his arm.

Steve shoved off another Chitauri before killing it with the hammer. "Get those Stones as far away as possible!"

"No!" Bruce yelled, "We need to get them back where they came from."

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." Tony frowned.

Scott looked around, still towering over everyone. "Hold on," he suddenly shrunk to normal size. "That wasn't our only time machine."

Lifting his hands, Scott pressed his car keys. In the distance, over all the noise, Luis' van sounded, making Steve turn his head to the jingle.

Steve jumped onto a pile of rocks, looking for the van. "Anyone see an ugly brown van out there?"

Valkyrie, riding her pegasus looked down, "Yes! But you're not gonna like where it's parked."

"Scott, how long do you need to get that thing working?" Tony asked over comm.

Scott bent down, staring at it from a mile away with Hope Van Dyne beside him. "Maybe ten minutes."

"Get it started, we'll get the Stones to you," Steve commanded before running off.

ACROSS THE BATTLEFIELD, Aria was fighting off some aliens with Bucky Barnes by her side. Shooting down an alien, Bucky let himself catch his breath for a moment since there was nothing around or coming at him and Aquaria.

Panting heavily, Aria held a hand to her hip and turned her head to the blue-eyed man, "I can't believe you died on me too. Absolute utter betrayal."

"Are you seriously lecturing me about dying?" Bucky rose his eyebrows, turning fully to the girl, "Like an alien can literally kill me right now, again, and you're lecturing me on dying."

"Can you blame me?" Aria scoffed and flailed her arms around, "You, Shuri, and T'Challa all left me. I mean sure I almost died but I didn't because I wouldn't do that to any of you. I'm nice like that."

Bucky rolled his eyes, "Is this your way of saying you missed me?"

"No," Aria shook her head, her short blue hair swaying from side to side, "If I missed you I would've said I missed you."

"Oh." Bucky nodded and ran a hand through his brown hair. The battlefield was a mess and it was getting slightly hard to breathe with all the dirt and dust in the air.

The silence engulfed the two for a moment before Aquaria spoke up with a small smile, "I missed you."

Bucky threw his head back laughing and shook his head, walking away from the girl to continue fighting, "Missed you too, Princess."

T'CHALLA SPRINTED WITH THE gauntlet, the glove getting passed onto him from Clint. He kicked away anyone who neared and dodged most attacks. When T'Challa went to hop over some debris, he was hit in the back making him drop the gauntlet.

Thanos stopped in his tracks when Wanda suddenly landed in front of him, preventing the titan from grabbing the gauntlet. She slowly lifted her head, eyes glowing red with power.

"You took... everything from me," she seethed, clenching her teeth angrily.

Thanos bent slightly, reading for an attack. "I don't even know who you are."