SONG NOTES

CITY OF STARS.
20. ❛ song notes.

ARIA TURNED AROUND TO look back at the hallway when she heard the guard screaming and saw Corvius Glaive. Her eyes widened and she ran at the alien, "Shuri! Hurry it up!"

Aria kicked the alien's chest which sent him staggering back before he slashed his weapon toward her, inches away from cutting through her clothes. That was their plan; once Wanda left, he planned to attack.

Aria grunted and jumped towards the wall, using it as a spring to get on the alien's shoulders. Aria wrapped a bubble of water around his head before striking her elbows downward on his head.

The alien moved his head from side to side to try and break his head from the water bubble so he grabbed the young girl and threw her off his shoulders.

Aria screamed out in pain as her body collided with Shuri's circular desk where she was working on Vision's stone. The desk loudly snapping in half from the force.

"Aquaria!" Shuri stepped back and her eyes widened when she saw Aria fall down to the second floor after snapping the desk in half. She turned around to the alien and fired her vibranium gauntlets at him which he blocked with his weapon.

Ayo, a Dora Milaje warrior, let out a battle cry and charged at the alien but he knocked her back and she fell to the floor unconscious.

Shuri continued to fire her gauntlets at him but he threw her down to the second floor as well, and she too fell unconscious from the force of the impact.

Aria groaned and crawled her way to the princess, checking for a pulse and letting a sigh of relief when she felt the faint rhythm on her neck.

Aria grabbed Ayo's spear and discarded her bow and quiver so she could be more flexible, she stood up and twirled the spear to get the feel of it. She charged at the alien again as he got close to Vision and spun the spear around, slicing his arm deeply and scratching his face, "That's for the princess, you-... you jellyfish!"

The alien paused at the insult, trying to figure out what a jellyfish was before he snapped out of it and slashed his weapon at the small girl who blocked it expertly.

The two fought and to anyone else, it almost looked like a dance from how they both handled their weapons with confidence and fluidity. It would've been mesmerizing if it weren't a life-or-death situation.

Finally gaining the upper hand, Glaive bent down and slashed his weapon at Aria's leg. Aria screeched in pain and looked down where she received a cut across her leg, feeling the blood seeping through his trousers.

"Yan! Lelo' Yaaj! (Ouch! That hurt!)" Aria exclaimed before she too slashed at his leg, cutting his calf deeply.

She smirked when Glaive let out a grunt of pain and moved closer, opening her mouth to finally use her siren song and one single note came out before it stopped.

She choked out some blood and lifted her hand to her throat, wincing when she touched a cut. She pulled her hand back with tears sparking in her eyes as she saw the crimson blood on her fingers.

Glaive had cut so deep into her throat that his blade cut through her larynx, also known as her voice box. She couldn't speak, couldn't yell, couldn't sing.

Taking advantage of her shock, Glaive stabbed his weapon into Aria's stomach and wrapped his large hand around the girl's throat and lifted her off the ground, smiling when he saw the tears streaming down her face and her hands clawing at his.

"Pathetic." The alien sneered in his face before using all of his strength to throw the girl through the window behind him. The blow immediately rendered the Talokanil princess unconscious.

Vision snapped his eyes open and launched himself off the table when he heard Aria's body smash through the glass window, falling down the high building.

Vision blinked and grabbed Glaive by the throat, forcing him out of the window as well. He let the alien go and dived right for the unconscious siren. By the time he had caught up with her, she was mere meters from the floor so he wrapped the young girl in his arms and spun around so he would take the blow.

As they crashed to the floor they made a huge indent at the impact and Vision examined the girl, deciding there was nothing more he could do since she had gained significantly more injuries since she fell through the trees, Vision flew away to go attend to the alien responsible for the girl he just saved.

"GUYS, WE GOT A VISION SITUATION," Sam informed over the comm before the sound of an alien snarling cut him off.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve screamed back, stabbing an alien in the face.

"I got 'em," Bruce replied, taking off into the air.

Wanda pressed her fingers to her ear. "On my way." She turned, only to get punched across the face by Proxima Midnight.

She grunted, falling into a nearby trench. Proxima jumped down, landing over her. She roughly turned Wanda on her back, narrowing her black eyes. "He'll die alone, as will you."

"She's not alone."

Proxima turned to see Natasha and Okoye surrounding her, with their weapons raised. She cried out, jumping on the wall of the trench before leaping at Natasha. Natasha raised her staff that was now in one piece, defending off several hits before Okoye rushed in, aiding her in the fight.

Proxima was able to fight off both women skillfully, nearly dodging the last wheel that jumped overhead. She took the advantage of them crouching, kicking Natasha down. Grabbing Okoye by the neck next, she threw her away.

Natasha jumped to her feet, snapping her staff into two. She managed to hit Proxima's knife out of her hand but jumped back when she began to swing her fists harshly.

Proxima punched Natasha to the ground, grabbing her by the throat before unsheathing a gauntlet blade from her wrist. She struck downward, and Natasha was barely able to lift her staff and hold her off from slicing her neck.

Wanda used her powers, lifting Proxima into the air, getting mauled by the wheel that luckily bounced overhead.

Natasha sat up, flinching when Proxima's blue blood splattered on her forehead. She looked between the three as Wanda fell back, sitting tiredly, "That's really gross."