HOW CAN I RESIST YOU?

CITY OF STARS.
16. ❛ how can i resist you?

SKIATHOS, GREECE, 04/26/18

Aria laughed and leaned forward from where she sat across the Wakandan princess. The two princesses had gotten to Greece two weeks ago and this was definitely where they belonged.

They both felt alive, no matter what island they traveled to. Both girls were just so happy and carefree in the country, the paparazzi hadn't bothered them so much and it seemed nothing could burst their little bubble of happiness there.

After securing their relationship status, Aria and Shuri had never been happier. At the moment the two were in Skiathos and they were eating at a little seaside restaurant that they went to every night.

"Do you remember when you slipped on the sidewalk in- oh, where was it?" Shuri asked, her face screwed up in concentration trying to remember where it had happened.

"Oh! It was in Italy, right? In Florence?" Aria recalled, taking a bite out of her food.

"Yes!" Shuri nodded, a laugh escaping her lips. "You had been so excited trying ice cream for the first time that you had slipped from the rain. You had dragged me down with you and I swear it looked like you wanted to cry when your ice cream ended up on the road."

Aria shook her head chuckling, "In my defense, we don't have ice cream in Talokan and it was the best thing I had ever tasted."

"It's not the best thing," Shuri mumbled, and since they were sitting outside in the almost empty restaurant, the sound of the waves crashing against a nearby rock drowned out her remark.

"What did you say?" Aria perked an eyebrow, her eyes searing into the princess.

"Nothing."

Aria narrowed her eyes, "Mhm." When she heard a song she knew come up on the speakers of the restaurant, her eyes lit up and she stood out of her chair. "Dance with me."

"What?" Shuri hesitantly placed her hand in the siren's after seeing the elderly couple smile at the two, "I- fine."

Aria grinned and pulled Shuri over to an empty spot and held her hand, stepping back before twirling herself in. "This song. I know it. Where is it from?"

"It's from that movie we watched in New York, Mamma Mia," Shuri answered and moved her body along to the beat, slowly loosening her body up.

"Yes!" Aria nodded happily dancing with her girlfriend and singing along to the song, "Mamma mia, here I go again! My, my, how can I resist you?"

Shuri laughed and brought the girl closer to her body, "Mamma mia, does it show again? My, my, just how much I've missed you?"

Aria laughed and stood on her tippy toes to place a kiss on Shuri's lips before spinning around again. Her eyes so tender that it loved like she was captivated by the Wakandan princess. She held Shuri's hand and pressed their bodies together as they danced the night away. "My, my, I could never let you go."

"I AM AS EXHAUSTED as a nurse shark." Aria overdramatized as she crashed on the hotel bed. Her white high heels in hand and her midnight blue hair messily sprawled over the white sheets. The two had been dancing for far too long and she was just happy to not stand on her feet anymore.

"What?" Shuri laughed, taking off her hooped earrings in front of a mirror, not even knowing what type of shark the girl was speaking of.

"Yeah, nurse sharks just lay on the ocean floor for over half of the day, and to be honest, sometimes I'd do it with them," Aria explained, throwing her heels to the floor and crawling under the fresh blankets.

"Oh, do you now?" Shuri smiled, Aria rarely spoke of her life in the ocean and Shuri never wanted to pry but when she did bring it up they were usually the most random things. "Come on, you have to shower. There's sand and seawater in your hair and clothes. You've got to clean up."

"No." Aria shook her head and buried herself under the blankets, wanting to fall asleep right there and then. "I'm fine being covered in the sea."

"Come on." Shuri laughed and pulled the blankets off of the siren, dragging the water princess out of the bed, "At least change."

Aria groaned and rolled out of the bed, "Fine." She walked over to her drawer and pulled out a pair of pajamas but before she could put them on, she froze.

Aria could hear a faint distant sound. It was deep, rumbly, and seemed to sound like a horn. Someone just blew into a conch shell, but not just any conch shell, the one Aria gave to T'Challa.

Just as Aria could hear the shell being thrown into the water, Shuri laid a worried hand on the siren's shoulder, "Aquaria!"

Aria blinked a few times before she looked up at the princess, "Pack your things. Your brother just called us. Hurry!"

"What?" Shuri furrowed her eyebrows, worry and distress obviously written all over her face, "How do you know that-"

Before Shuri could finish her sentence a faint beeping noise could be heard coming from her suitcase. She opened her mouth to speak again but decided against it and pulled her luggage out from under the bed and opened it up. Shuri opened it up and pulled out her kimoyo beads, clicking on one bead to answer the call.

A mini 3d hologram of General Okoye sprouted from the bracelet, "Princesses, you both need to get to Wakanda right away."

"Okoye, what's going on?" Shuri questioned hastily since the general seemed to be speaking in a rushed manner.

Okoye shook her head, "There's no time to explain. Just both of you get over here."

"O-Okay." Shuri nodded and stood up, "We'll leave first thing in the morning-"

"No! It can't wait. Captain Rogers is already on the way and we need you two to get here before he does."

"Okay, we'll leave in a bit." Shuri nodded and hung up the call, looking back at her girlfriend who was already gathering their things together, "How did you know they were calling us?"

"I gave your brother a seashell and told him to blow into it in case he needed us." Aria explained and continued packing their things, "How long will it take your jet to get us there?"

"Um... 30 minutes? An hour, tops." Shuri shrugged, "That's fast enough."

"Okay, let's go. Grab the things from the bathroom."