SENTIMENTAL CONVERSATIONS

CITY OF STARS.
46. ❛ sentimental conversations.

ARRIVING AT HER BELOVED HOME, Aria hopped off the whale and thanked it with a hand gesture before swimming towards the golden city beneath the seas.

As she dove deeper, she could hear whale calls every so often, which didn't surprise her; she knew Talokan used whales as a mode of transportation through the ocean. She looked around her home and the nostalgia started to kick in, significantly bringing up her mood.

After a few minutes of following the current in different directions, Aria arrived at the center of Talokan. The beauty of her home never failed to amaze her. Though it was dark being this deep in the ocean, the bioluminescence of plant life and the bright light coming from it a bundle of vibranium brought light to the underwater city.

Aria continued to swim through the city, greeting some people here and there who noticed her. She looked to her left and noticed an entertaining game of pok-a-tok was being played. Then she passed through a market and browsed at some items before leaving and heading in the direction of her room to change out of the linen outfit.

Aria swam up swim up to the cavern at the shore and broke through the surface, immediately hit with a heavy veil of humidity. She walked out of the water, her clothes clinging to her skin, and made her way to her room.

She changed into a golden dress that hugged her silhouette marvelously with multiple designs, a beaded jade choker that extended down to her chest, and a golden cape that had an almost feather-like pattern with beautiful jade shoulder pads.

a/n: this is how I imagine the dress to look like,  it's similar to namora's dress in the bpwf movie

a/n: this is how I imagine the dress to look like,  it's similar to namora's dress in the bpwf movie. ^^

Aria sighed and walked out of her room, making her way to the mural where she saw her father with his regal gold armor and shawl on as always, tinkering with some objects in his hands as he talked to Attuma, one of the leaders of the Talokanil army and Aria's godfather.

Aria quietly stayed outside of the room and kept her head down. She was going to wait until the conversation was over but her father caught sight of her.

"Aria, Lela' jump'éel sorpresa. Bix a beel, waal mía. (Aria, this is a surprise. How are you, my daughter?)" K'uk'ulkan smiled before looking at Attuma. "Beetik ti' le yaano'ob, jóok'ol ti' lajuntúul minutos. (Get the others ready, we head out in twenty minutes.)"

Attuma nodded sturdily and placed his right fist to his chest, bowing slightly before he backed up and turned around so he was facing Aria, "Hola, chichan. (Hey, kid.)"

"Attuma." Aria smiled up at the tall buff man and squeezed his hand as he passed by, leaving the room.

She turned back to her father and tried to manage a smile but his comforting brown eyes brought tears to Aria's eyes in a matter of seconds.