MUSEUMS AND PARTIES

CITY OF STARS.
14. ❛ museums and parties.

PARIS, FRANCE, 12/05/17

It had been six months since Aria and Shuri left Wakanda to start their trip and so far they've been to America, Argentina, China, Australia, Russia, Canada, and Italy. Every time the girl's went somewhere where there was a beach Aria swore she could see her cousin's head, Namora, pop out of the water for a split second but she could just be paranoid.

The trip truly was eye-opening for both girls. It was the vacation of a lifetime and they still had more places to check off the list. As for their relationship, they weren't really labeled nor were they just friends. They were kinda just stuck in the middle.

For their third day in France, Aria's and Shuri's plans to visit a botanical garden were completely thrown out the window by the cold and rainy December morning.

So the two voted to go to an art museum instead to start their day. So, hand in hand, Aria dragged Shuri throughout the art museum pointing and smiling at things she found interesting.

"Look at that one. The guy looks like a seahorse." Shuri laughed softly and made fun of some paintings that she found funny causing Aria to burst into quiet giggles.

Aria's eyes lit up as they frantically flickered back and forth, trying to see everything within the museum since she'd never been to one.

"Let's go over here." Aria motioned to a new section of the museum that was filled with statues. The area was empty aside from the two of you, so Aria ran To the nearest statue and mimicked its pose.

Shuri let out a laugh and pulled her phone out of her pocket, "Wait, let me take a picture."

What was originally one picture turned into a small photo shoot as both princesses took turns taking pictures of each other as they mimicked the statue's pose.

Shuri ran towards Aria after she had posed and looked down at the siren trying to figure out how to take a picture, "Just press the screen where my face is and then press the white circle."

"Okay." Aria nodded and told Shuri to go back to the statue. She tied up her blue hair, tilted her head, and bite her lip to focus on taking the picture.

Shuri chuckled watching as Aria struggled with the small device, acting as if it was the most complex thing ever. "You look like an old lady trying to work out a phone."

Aria's jaw dropped with faux offense and looked at the princess mimicking a statue, "You take that back."

"Nope."

BARCELONA, SPAIN, 01/10/18

Thriving in the new year, Shuri and Aria traveled to Spain next, wanting to get the ultimate nightlife experience.

After an hour of begging, Aria and her rebel charm managed to convince Shuri to crash a high school party. Both had taken a substantial amount of time getting ready, dressing up in all purple.

The flashing lights and hot bodies all pressed one another as they danced really brought Aria out of her shell.

Back at home, all Aria did was break rules left and right, party, and test her father, it was a wonder how her father never lost his temper with her. Now to anyone else, like Shuri, the girl seemed quite the opposite. They all thought she was that girl who would never even dare to do much as think to break a rule or have a single bad bone in her body but boy was Shuri shocked when she saw the siren mingling with other people and just letting herself be wild.

And it's not like Shuri never partied before, she had, but never as intense as her siren.

Throwing her head back laughing, Aria moved around through the sweaty bodies, she could feel the bass of the music in her chest.

Shuri downed a shot and walked towards Aria, pushing and maneuvering through teenagers. Never wanting to admit it, Shuri was definitely the overprotective type. She doesn't like when anyone smiles at Aria for too long or if she notices someone being way too friendly with Aria.

And Aria noticed and if she was being honest, she didn't mind. She was content knowing someone wanted her enough to be overprotective.

Shuri smiled as she noticed Aria becoming aware of her presence. She wrapped her arms around Aria's waist and danced along with the girl. "Well, aren't you having fun?"

Aria smirked and nodded, pressing her body close to the princess, "I am." Aria had already noticed Shuri's change in character and the way she was staring down someone behind Aria made it clear she was jealous already long ago. "You're staring."

"Only because she is." Shuri motioned to the blonde Spanish bombshell staring at Aria and before the water-breathing princess could respond, Shuri pulled her up into a rough, jealous sparked, kiss.

Aria let out a barely noticeable moan when Shuri sucked on her bottom lip and pulled away. "That was one hell of a kiss," Aria noted breathlessly as she wiped off her smudged lipstick. "There was no need though."

"Well, she obviously didn't get the hint. She keeps staring at what's mine." Shuri grumbled under her breath.

"Yours?" Aria quirked an eyebrow, a faint blush creeping up her neck, "If I recall correctly, we aren't anything, princesa. We're just friends."

"Are we just friends if it's your breath on my neck late at night or if it's our laced fingers beneath the blankets? How tightly do we need to be pressed against each other before you admit that you aren't doing this for warmth? How many times does my thumb need to brush your lips before we realize that we've gone too far? I can change all of that," Shuri smirked, her eyes locked on the blue-haired girl.

"Then change it." Aria urged but when she saw Shuri hesitate she scoffed and dropped the Princess's hand, "That's right, you can't. I always thought I'd be the hesitant one in this relationship since I actually have my entire home on the line but it seems I was wrong. Look, I don't know what you're so afraid of but you better figure out what you want or I'm going home."

"Aquaria-" Shuri started but the retreating girl just held up her hand to stop the princess from spitting out any more excuses.

"I'll see you at the hotel." Aria announced and walked out of the party, immediately looking to her left where General Okoye was leaning against a wall, "Show's over."

Okoye rose her eyebrows and watched the girl storm off. Not even two minutes later she saw Shuri walk out with anger and frustration.

Shuri didn't even glance at the General and kept walking, "Go home, Okoye."