Chp. 3 - A Dismissive Ranking (Prologue)

Y/n P.O.V

Not even a minute later with catching the weasel, "[Off With Your Head!]" Riddle exclaimed as Kumo was using her vines that were coming out of the sleeves of her robe to grab onto the weasel, "MYAH?! What are you doing?!" Grim exclaimed shocked, "The Queen of Hearts rule 23: "One must never bring a cat to a formal affair. Your very presence here is a violation of order. You will vacate this premises immediately." Riddle stated, "But I ain't a cat either! Don't you try'n collar me! I'll burn it right off! Huh...? Wh-what gives? My fire ain't workin'!" Grim exclaimed, "Until I deign to remove that collar, you won't be using any magic. You're naught to be a pet cat now." Riddle pointed out to the weasel, "M-meoWHAT?! I ain't nobody's pet- NOTHING!" Grim exclaimed angrily, "Oh, you've got nothing to worry about there. I certainly have no interest in having you as a pet. The collar will disappear once you're removed from the campus." Riddle commented, "Ha-HA! Good show as always Riddle. Your signature spell locks down any magic. It's quite handy. I've just GOT to have it— ah, I mean, I've just got to have respect for it" Azul added with an oddly suspicious smile, "That's sus.." Kumo muttered as Yūki nudged her lightly by her side, "You four! Was I not clear that you are expected to take responsibility of your familiar?" Crowley asked, "I've told you repeatedly that the son of a weasel isn't our familiar!" Kumo exclaimed seemingly fuming with rage as her tails were standing up straight, "Oh... Is that so? Then I shall have it expelled from campus. I shall even spare it from being served as dinner. For I am gracious. ...Someone take this away please." Crowley stated, "Nooooo! Let me gooooo! You fools better remember my name! Cause I'm gonna go down in the annals of magic history! Just you wait!" Grim shouted as he was being dragged away by one of the guards, "I feel kind of sorry for him." Yūki inquired in pity, "Why are you feeling sorry for a weasel that almost set a wholesome and cheerful looking boy on fire?" Kumo mumbled reminding Yūki of her injury, "By the way, how's the burn doing? Are you sure you're fine?" Yūki asked in a motherly way as I nod in agreement, "Ah... You don't need to worry about that the burn is already in the process of fully healing up." Kumo replied reassuringly, "Well, that was quite the unexpected fracas. I hereby declare that orientation has concluded. Dorm leaders, please escort your students back to the dorms. ...Hm? Come to think of it, I don't see Dorm leader Draconia of Diasomnia Dorm anywhere." Crowley ordered, "Draconia? I feel like I've heard that from some where before..." Kumo muttered to herself, "Don't overthink it Kumo, I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later" I told her as I placed my hand on her shoulder, "Maybe you're right, I'm not going to overthink it then." Kumo replied, "And that surprises you? Dude's is a total recluse." the boy with lion ears commented, "Wait a sec... Did anyone invite him?" the boy with red eyes asked worriedly, "If you're that worried about him missing out, maybe you should have told him yourself." the handsome boy added, "Maybe, but I don't know him too well either..." the boy with red eyes replied, "Draconia... Like, Malleus Draconia? THAT Draconia?" a student asked as Kumo was still in her kitsune form listening in on everything, "So it's true? He really does go to school here?" another student commented, "Yikes" another student mumbled out, "Ah. Just as I'd expected. I figured I'd come down here to see for myself whether Malleus had made an appearance. but once again, he was evidently not informed that his presence was required at an official ceremony." a boy with a deep voice stated, "You have my sincerest apologies. I assure you, this oversight was in no way intended as a snub" Azul apologized to the deep voiced boy, "why do I feel like we've heard him from somewhere" I mumbled as Kumo snapped her fingers as if she remembered something, "The deep voiced male is Lili-chan, but we don't call him that for now since it seems to be too embarrassing. So I guess we can call him Lilia-san for now." Kumo acknowledged with a slight smile knowing that there's a familiar face at this school, "I mean, you must admit, he's not exactly the easiest to strike up a conversation with" Riddle began, "No matter. All who were assigned to the Diasomnia Dorm, follow me. I hope he doesn't sulk about this..." Lilia stated as he was walking towards the exit, "Psst! Lilia-san! It's actually nice to see a familiar face around here!" Kumo whisper shouted at Lilia knowing he would hear with those ears of his, "Oh...? Hello girls, it's been such a long time! When I last saw you three, you were still 14." Lilia inquired as he patted me and Kumo's head, "Lilia-san, this is not the time for head pats!" Kumo expressed to the fae fawn seemingly embarrassed, "Well, I have to go now I still have students to lead back to the dorm. I also need to check on Mallleus to make sure he's not sulking." Lilia told us, "It seems that Malleus you're talking about always gets left out on important occasions..." Kumo mumbled, "You are in fact correct, my dear. Oh well, look at the time I need to go." Lilia added, "We're actually assigned in Diasomnia Dorm." I told Lilia, "Oh? Is that so? What joy this brings me! Come on girls, let us head to the dorm!" Lilia exclaimed with joy as we headed towards the exit. I saw Kumo look at the dorm leaders one last time before we left the mirror chamber.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

T.B.C

A/n: Ara-ara~ This is the third chapter of the day! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Oh well, see you all in the next chapter!