Chp. 9 - Meeting a Freshman (Prologue)

Y/n P.O.V

"Uwahh~! Main street has the statues of the great seven!" Kumo cheered as she was skating around admiring the place then we heard a familiar voice, "Wow, so this is main street huh? This is incredible! I didn't get to see much of it yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary." a certain weasel spoke, "Yep, that's my queue to get the fluff outta here." Kumo went on as she was about to skate away but I held on to her hand, "At least talk to them and answer their question you seem to be an expert about the story behind these statues." I told her, "U-um... Sure?" Kumo replied with a unsure tone as we walked closer to them, "Like this lady over here looks like she got major anger issues." Grim added as he sweat dropped, "She's the Queen of Hearts./You don't the Queen of Hearts?" Yūki spoke in sync with a boy with ginger hair, "Ayo, Childe-" before Kumo could finish her sentence Grim cut her off, "Queen of hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim asked, "She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago." the ginger answered, "The Queen of Hearts was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step." the ginger stated, "She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her." Kumo added as she adjusted her flower crown, "You want to know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!" Yūki spoke as Kumo nodded, "Wah! That is seriously messed up!" Grim exclaimed, "Pretty cool right? I'm a big fan! I mean who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?" the ginger went on, "Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong. But puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?" Grim asked after agreeing with the ginger, "Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of...today! Pleased to meetcha!" the ginger named 'Ace' answered with a smile, "I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy who's plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived. That there's my far less interesting hench-human." Grim spoke confidently, " 'Yuu'? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it" Ace stated, "It's nice to meet you and I'm not anyone's hench-anything." Yuu added, "Hm? Nice meeting you again, Yuu." Kumo spoke with a  small smile, "Nice meeting you again too." Yuu answered as he smiled back at her, "So tell me Ace, is that lion with a scar in the eye a famous ruler too?" Grim asked completely ignoring our existence, "Of course! That's the King of Beasts who ruled the savanna" Ace stated, "But he wasn't born into the throne—he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes." Yūki added as she let out a small sigh, "When he became king, he decreed that the hyenas would be pariahs no more, and should live among his subjects as equals." Kumo added, "Sounds like a great guy! Not everyone's able to look past social status like that." Grim commented, "Who's the lady with octopus legs?" Grim asked, "The Sea Witch who lived in an underwater grotto. She basically devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk." Ace answered, "If they were willing to pay the price, she'd help them change their appearance, find love, whatever!" Kumo added, "They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also say the price was a tad steep, though." Yūki went on as she slightly sweat dropped knowing the price to pay is something the merfolk value most, "But she was granting wishes! Of course it was!" Ace added, "Myaha! So you're sayin' that once I'm a great mage, gettin' rich off folks will be a total cinch?! Oh, oh! Do the guy with the big hat next!" Grim exclaimed, "That's the Sorcerer of the Sands. He was an adviser to a total dolt of a sultan. He was a smart guy. Really capable sort." Ace spoke, "He exposed this swindler once—some guy pretending to be a prince in order to trick the princess!" Kumo added while blowing away the leaves of the flower crown away from her face, "After that he got this magic lamp and became the greatest sorcerer in the world. Then, they say..." Ace trailed off, "...he used that power to become sultan himself!" Yūki added as we were beside the other three, "Wow! Guess it's true that a mage needs to be an excellent judge of character, huh?" Grim expressed, "And what about this beauty over here?" Grim asked, "She's a queen who was said to be the fairest in all the land." Ace spoke, "In fact, she used her magic mirror to check how she ranked on a daily basis!" Kumo added, "When it looked like her position is threatened, they say she'd do whatever it took to keep it." Yūki stated, "Can you even imagine the level of dedication it would require to keep a record like that?" I asked the others, "Also, they say she was a master of making poisons!" Ace added, "Geez. She's pretty, but that sounds kinda scary." Grim pointed out, "You think so? I gotta respect the hustle!" Ace commented, "F-for sure... Sounds like she fought hard for what she believed in, and never gave up! And the one over there, with the flaming head? Now THAT guy looks scary!" Grim spoke, "That's the King of the Underworld! Single-handedly ruling a kingdom packed with rambunctious spirits—that takes competence!" Ace replied, "He may look scary, but he was a straight shooter who worked tirelessly at a tough job he never even asked for." Yūki went on, "I mean, this is a guy who was ordering Cerberus, the Hydra and the Titans into battle for him." Kumo added, "Hmm. That IS something. T'think he could have that much power and not let it go to his head!" Grim commented, "And the last one there, with the horns?" Grim asked, "That's the Thorn Fairy who lived on a mystical mountain. She was noble and elegant, and a master of magic and curses—even by the standards of these seven!" Ace answered Grim's question once again, "She commanded storms, covered the kingdom with thorns... She could use magic on a massive scale! She could even turn herself into a giant dragon." Kumo added, "Ooh, a dragon! What all monsters yearn to be!" Grim exclaimed, "Pretty cool, huh? Not like some piddling weasel." Ace expressed, "Welp, that's a twist of events." Kumo commented as she sweat dropped, "Yea.." I agreed with her as Yūki just nodded in agreement.

Twisted Wonderland Secrets

[A/n: Twisted wonderland secrets is like Taisho secrets from demon slayer but in twisted wonderland.]

☆ Kumo never took off her fox mask ever since y/n, Yūki and herself went on to tell the headmage the situation from a few chapters ago

☆ Lilia likes to tease Kumo because he thinks her reactions are really amusing

☆ Malleus randomly states facts about gargoyles when the three girls are chatting with him

☆ Kumo has a secret liking to big cats and other animals that aren't supposed to be house pets

☆ Yūki is the main caretaker of Kumo when their uncles aren't around

☆ Y/n is the second caretaker of Kumo when their uncles aren't around

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

T.B.C

A/n: Welp that was a whole twist of events, to think that Ace was a nice guy... Yikes, what do you think would happen next? Read the next chapter to find out! I hope you all have a great day/night or whatever time it is for you!