One day (multiple ships, 3394 words)

📝Description: an asteroid is going to crash into the earth, every other habitle planet they know of, is destroyed, and there's nothing the Avengers can do. They have one day left to live, so what do the avengers do?📝

❤️Ships: WinterFrost, Stony, Scarletwidow, Thruce, hawksilver and spideyshell. 🏳️‍🌈❤️

⚠️Warnings: character deaths⚠️

🕑Time: no specific time.🕑

Third person pov

The Avengers sat in shock and silence as the news seeped into their skulls. Death. Everyone. Everyone dies. And for the first time, there's nothing they can do about it. They defeated so many things before. The Chituri. Ultron. Thanos, twice. And yet, despite all that, a huge rock was going to destroy every living thing on Earth. Like the dinosaurs.

Each of the Avengers reacted differently.  Tony hated it, the way they fought for so long, to be wiped out by a rock. Steve accepted it, realising, before everyone else, that nothing could be done. Natasha was a mix of the two. Thor was determined to find a way to fix it. Clint just felt numb. Wanda was almost happy in a strange way, that she could die with the people she loved. Loki was similar, knowing he would rather go out with his friends and family, than having died years ago after the fall, or the hands of Thanos, or the Dark Elf, or Thanos again. Pietro was in denial, trying to convince himself that it was all some stupid prank by the government, or Loki for that matter. Bruce was being sensible about it, like Steve. Bucky was kind of like Loki and Wanda, but also like Clint and Tony. Mixed emotions, really.

But what were they expected to feel, knowing they had about 3 days left to live?

The people of the earth, clustered around the Avengers tower for the first day, protesting and yelling, pressuring them to do something. They had to. They were the Avengers for God's sakes. They protected the earth. But for some reason, the people didn't notice that they were all just people too. And that there was nothing they could do to stop a huge asteroid from crashing into the planet.

The second day, they spent trying to get their heads round it all, but on the last day, they got their shit together.

They decided to just try to do what they could to spend time with their loved ones, doing what they wanted.

Pietro's pov

Me and Clint had gotten engaged a month back, and I had a surprise for him, for when saying our vows. But we couldn't get married anymore. So I decided to do it the last day I could.

"Clint." I asked him. We were at our favourite spot. Where we first kissed. A small bench that sat across from a beautiful waterfall. The sun lit the running water up, leaves and plants thriving around the crystal water. It was weird to me. Knowing that the water still ran, and the plants still grew, and the sun still shone, on the last day alive. They all did what they did. Never knowing that that day, it would all come crashing to the ground.

"Yeah?" My lover turned to face me.

"We can't get married anymore. So I wanted to say my vows now. Then, it'll be like we married anyway. And I can say what I wanted to say." I put my hand on Clint's cheek.

"I was thinking the sane thing. Let me go first. Please." He rested his forehead on mine, putting his hand on my neck, the tips of his fingers brushing slightly in my silver hair. 

"Ok."

"Pietro Maximoff. I can't explain how I feel about you. Ever since I met you, there was always something there. It was only three years ago, when I realised what that something was. You saved me. In more ways than one. First, from Ultron, then from my own thoughts, then, from my past. If it weren't for you, I think I would still be in that dark place. And, you know, hero's are always supposed to save other people. They're not allowed to care for themselves. They're not allowed to lose. They're not allowed to have dark moments. But you showed me that that's not all true. And I thank you for that. For, keeping me from being a mindless robot." He chuckled slightly, "and I have to say, when I first stared feeling something for you, I didn't see that coming. But I'm glad it happened. I'm glad you happened. I love you so much Pietro."