2 - Happy Birthday

Cyno's pov:

The sun slowly arised on the sky as it brought the morning with itself. The dark sky lit up, contouring the small amount of cloud's edges as it also shot a light beam through my window, straight onto my face. I got up with seemingly no trouble at all. I stood up from the side of my bed and headed to do my usual routine.

I went downstairs with my backpack on my shoulder, ready to dig into my breakfast and start another boring as hell day. But when i got down, turned around the corner, my jaw dropped. I saw my mom, my sister, uncle Al Haitham, Uncle Kaveh, who with i tought we were in bad terms with, Aunt Dehya and my father sitting at the desk, eating all together like a large family.

"Dad?..." - C

As i said that, suddenly everybody turned my way, staring at my shocked face. Suddenly tears began to roll down from my eyes and without thinking i dropped my backpack on the middle of everything and ran to him, hugging him tightly.

"You recovered?!" - C

"Mhm! Last week my doctor confirmed that my disease has no sign anymore of existing, so they let me come home this morning!" - Mr. M

I couldn't help but begin crying cause of happiness and burry my pathetic face into my father's shoulder. After i calmed down i became an entire mess as my eyeliner was smudged and my eyes were red. I just giggled and looked at my mom who was just smiling at me.

"But mom you said he isn't feeling any different..." - C

"I had to keep the lie on so we can suprise you." - Mrs. M

After a bit all of them stood up and headed right infront the front door, each of them holding either one or two boxes or gift bags.

"Suprise! Happy 18th birthday, Cyno!" - Mrs. M, Mr. M, N, D, Al H, K

Everybody yelled and my jaw just dropped. I completely forgot that it's my birthday today. At the end they ended up making a line, my father being the first one. He stood infront of me and reached a little box to my sight.

"I know how all the time you looked at this when we were shopping three years ago, so i bought this as a gift for you. Hope you like it." - Mr. M

"And he's one of my gifts for you aswell!" - Mrs. M

My mom whispered as she showed up over my dad's shoulder and pointed at him with two fingers. The whole family began to giggle and then the line moved on as he stepped to the side. My mom gave me a big bag filled with all sorts of goodies, Nahida gave me a cute little drawing of me, saying "happy birthday, cyno". No kidding, this kid sure got talent at 8 years old of age. Auntie Dehya gave me a heavier small box and winked at me as she placed her index finger infront of her lips.

"Shh." - D

That made me quite curious about what i got from her. Everything was happy and cheerful until Uncle Al Haitham and Uncle Kaveh chose to give me a gift.

"Since you smell like a scarab wich bathed in Zaytun Peach, Henna Berry and Starshroom juice, seasoned with a bit of spice and sweat. Have this." - Al H

My jaw dropped, DID THIS BITCH REALLY JUST- well anyways he lifted up a smaller box and placed it in my hand.

"Why thank you, old man." - C

I said as i rolled my eyes. And with that he walked to the side not knowing what to reply, but seemingly pissed. Next was Kaveh.

"Here i present you thy foot file and socks Cyno Mahamatra the 3rd- because you obviously haven't heard the term socks and your feet is like the ground of the Mausoleum of King Deshret, cracked and filled with sand." - K

He began fancily, but mid speech he just quickly said the rest as he handed me an unpackaged pair of... weird socks and a foot file. He showed it into my hands, and moved to the side as everybody just stared at his egotistic grin.

I just sighed, trying to relieve my stress and prevent myself from just pulling the socks on his head. I placed it to the pile of gifts and just was about to unbox them, until i took a look at the time...

"WAIT IT'S 7:00! I'M GONNA BE LATE!" - C

I quickly yelled before heading back upstairs to wash and reapply eyeliner on my face. When i was done i rushed downstairs, grabbed my backpack, my lunch and i ran outside the house, heading for the nearest tram stop.

.

.

.

I stepped into the classroom, noticing how my chemistry and biology teacher, Mr. Zhongli was already in the classroom and i just interrupted his class. The entire class and even himself snapped their visions on me immediately as the door opened. After a quiet and awkward moment, as i stared into Mr. Zhongli's eyes, i quickly came to my senses.

"Good morning! I apologize for being late!" - C

Knowing him, he would probably send me out of the classroom and just say that i was appsent today, so inside i was just praying that i hopefully don't get sent out this time. He just shook his head and pointed at my seat as he kept looking at me.

"This better not happen again." - Mrs. Z

"It won't!" - C

I said as i walked through the desks, right to the back where i usually sat. After that, he continued on with his lesson.

The time seemed to quickly pass as Mr. Zhongli packed up his stuff, went to the door, and right when the bell rang, he rushed out the door. After that i noiced how Kazuha turned around with a gift box in his hand.

"It's yours. You think i'd forget?" - K

My lips curled up into a smile and i took the little box in his hand.

"What are you waiting for? Open it!" - K

I to that nodded and began to unwrap the first box of the day. It had a letter on the top of it, wich kept theese words inside of it:

"Happy birthday, Cyno.

I apologize, that lately i've been a dick and always denied your invitation for a hang out. But you see... I have a thing going on with two people and it really is hard for me to make up my mind up about who do i love. I hope you understand and as an apology, i wanna take you out for lunch after school. My treat.

- Kaedehara Kazuha"

I looked up at him as i finished reading it and let a smug smile erupt my face.

"How about KFC?" - C

To that he nodded and then he pointed at what was in the box.

I dipped my hand in and pulled out a strangely similar controller.

"Remember when in first year i broke your controller while raging? Yeah, i tried to get it fix, but the people couldn't fix it, so i ended up buying a new one... But it is indeed the same one i broke." - K

"Thanks Kaz!" - C

I said as i placed it back into the box and looked at him with a smile.

"No prob." - K

He smiled back and nodded and soon the bell rang once again, meaning a new class is about to begin.

1258 words!