8 - Shapeshifter

Cyno's POV:

Here we were, in the boy's restroom, infront of the mirror, as he was looking into my eyes, capturing them with his gaze. The room was awkwardly silent, he was confused on where to begin and i was just waiting for him to start his explanation, suddenly both of us began to talk at the same time.

"Okay so about...-" - T

"Listen Tighnari-" - C

Our eyes widened and we stepped back rhythmically. Then he looked away, lightly - but also awkwardly - smiling as he began to itch the back of his head.

"Sorry, You start." - T&C

"No no, you." - C

With that Tighnari looked back into my eyes and began to speak.

"Okay so you see... I have the ability to change my entire appearance to another persons any time i want to. I think that's what you normal humans call "Shapeshifters"?" - T

"Wait... so do people like that exist?!" - C

I asked as i raised my brows.

"Not anymore. We're extinct. I'm the last one." - T

"I see..." - C

"Listen, I wanted to run away from home since such a long time, but i needed a place to stay at..." - T

He slowly walked closer to me, held one of my hands in his owns and got on his knees as he deeply looked into my eyes.

"I beg you, please... help me, at least until i get the chance to stand on my own feet and get my first payment... I'll pay back everything i promise..." - T

The way he was on his knees infront of me and stared at me with those eyes made me feel like if i was some sort of psychopath who have been torturing him for years. I couldn't just let him humiliate himself like this infront of me. So i pulled him up from the ground and placed my hands on his back to prevent him from falling on the ground again. He closed his eyes, pressed his upper and lower lip against eachother and placed his two hands on my chest cause of the sudden motion. He slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me with wide eyes.

"I'll help you, but not because you asked me to, it's cause i want to. Also, I need no pay back, so don't worry about that." - C

I slowly began to feel as the little dark haired boy in my hands began to shake, soon his mouth opened lightly and with a shaky, quiet voice he began to ask a question.

"Why are you so nice to me?..." - T

"I can't just stand and watch all that shit going down with you and your family. I feel like i have to help." - C

With that Tighnari's ears suddenly cupped my face as he placed his forahead against my chest.

"Tighnari?" - C

He just kept silent. Soon i felt as my shirt was getting strangled, noticing that Tighnari began to hold onto it. God i felt so guilty for no absolute reason.

"Cyno..." - T

"Hm?.." - C

"Thank you." - T

He slowly raised his head and looked into my eyes as his lips curled into a light smile. Suddenly the restroom's door opened and our attention immediately got brought to it. It was the blonde haired Aether.

"Oh fuck..." - C

I whispered with widened eyes and quickly released Tighnari from my arms, careful though not to let him fall. We just awkwardly stared at him as his face turned into a smug one.