24 - Chase

(A/N: from now on I wont be writing out what point of view im using since I mostly will use 3rd pov. If that changes ofc I'll write it out.)

The two were running, gasping for air as their hearts beated fast, running from the abusive mother of Tighnari. As they were halfway to the school Cyno took a peek at the boy who currently held his hand just to see that he actually managed to shape into a female look. He was at shock since this was the first time he saw him to shapeshift entirely into someone else. He smiled at Tighnari and spoke with a low volume of voice.

"Good job." - C

Tighnari opened his eyes wide that began sparkling and stared at Cyno, making time slow down as they made eyecontact. He turned away suddenly breaking that strange situation, his cheeks blushing slightly.

"Thanks..." - T

He said under his nose like if he was grumpy or something. After a good 15 minutes, almost at the school Tighnari's mother started to catch up and get close to the two. The two finally arrived to the school building and was about to make a turn to run inside but suddenly the woman grabbed Tighnari forcefully by the shoulder and turned him around, yelling.

"Tighnari!" - Mrs. A

She deeply looked Tighnari deep in the eyes, panic suddenly overflowing his body. He didn't want to see her again, he didn't want to have ANY kind of connection with his family ever again. But now his mother was here, squeezing his shoulders like some kind of maniac, looking mad at the boy. He was trembling, his heart was beating strongly, making him feel pain in his chest. But suddenly he felt as a hand grabbed his, squeezing it tightly. In the corner of his eyes he saw as Cyno took a step forward with an annoyed face, standing close to him. He put the pieces together and realized that it was him who held his hand so Tighnari gently wrapped his fingers around Cyno's hand aswell.

"Excuse me but... I'll have to ask you to take your hands off of my girlfriend..." - C

He looked mad. Hella mad. He really did get into his role really quick.

"What do you mean girlfriend?! He is a..." - Mrs. A

She began yelling and looked back at Tighnari just to stop in her saying as she took another look at the fox's face. She opened her eyes wide and suddenly let go of the dark haired.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! I mistook you as my son! Please forgive me!" - Mrs. A

Suddenly Cyno pulled Tighnari back and he hid behind him, still holding onto his hand.

"She can't speak. She's mute. Now let us be." - C

He said as he turned around and slowly started to make his way in with him. Before he entered the main entrance he mumbled two words under his nose.

"Furious lady..." - C

He opened the door and after Tighnari walked in, he followed, slamming the door shut after himself. The two got more inside the building heading straight under the stairs that leaded to the next floor. Cyno let out a deep sigh and spoke to Tighnari with a low voice.

"You can change back now." - C

The fox closed his eyes and his face suddenly started twisting and turning. Before long, his face and body was already looking like his own. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at Cyno.

"Thank you..." - T

He spoke quietly as he just kept staring into his eyes with his sparkling ones. Cyno's lips curled up into a sweet smile, he bent his head a bit to the side and said calmly.

"Nothing to thank." - C

However, it may seemed like to the naked eye that the two finally escaped the fear but in truth, Tighnari was still trembling. As soon as Cyno slightly brushed his hand against Tighnari's, he felt his trembling and looked at the boy slightly suprised. Tighnari pulled his hand away and suddenly took a step forward, extending his hand and taking Cyno into an embrace. He hugged him tight, placing his forehead against his chest.

"Are you okay?.." - C

Cyno asked worringly as he wrapped his arms around the boy aswell, caressing his back with gentle touch. Tighnari was just keeping quiet, snuggling to Cyno, still trembling in fear. After a bit the white haired just looked to the side, out of the window, patting the fox's back gently.

.

.

.

Now they were in the classroom, Tighnari kept staring out of the window, with a quite worried expression on his face, Cyno just paying attention to the teacher. After a bit Cyno noticed how the dark haired was just staring out the window next to him, supporting his head on his arm.

He somehow could just tell that something wasn't up with him, so he slowly shifted his hand aside and gently placed it ontop of Tighnari's thigh. As soon as Cyno's fingers brushed the surface of his thigh, his ears and head twitched before he slowly turned around, taking a look at his leg to see Cyno's hand on it. He then looked up to the said boy and opened his eyes wide as his cheeks began to tint. Cyno just smiled lightly and whispered these words.

"Don't worry. Try to concentrate." - C

Tighnari responded with a nod and Cyno took his hand off of his thigh right after. The dark haired out of instinct began to reach for the boy's hand but pulled back and placed it between his knees instead along with his other one. Cyno clearly saw this so he just grabbed his hand by the wrist, pulled his hand out from between his knees, slowly sled his hand forward on his skin and took Tighnari's hand gently in his, rubbing the back of his hand with his thumb.

Tighnari's face turned red as he just looked forward, trying to seem like he has no reaction to it, but unfortunately he actually felt like his chest was about to explode. His heart was beating like crazy that he barely was able go manage sitting there in one place. Cyno just smiled sweetly at him before turning back and paying attention to the teacher once again.

1055 words!