001

it was yet another long car ride to nevermore. just months later she was in the same position, except for this time she wasn't dreading it. wednesday wouldn't say she was excited to be back because torturing her brother was much better than that lousy school. but this time wednesday wasn't planning her escape. instead she was thinking of what the rest of the year would bring her. she had learnt now that you could never predict what was going to happen. who knows, maybe this year her stalker would turn out to be another faculty member.

"i'm so proud that my little girl is going back to nevermore." morticia told her daughter.

"i am only going back to figure out this mystery. if it wasn't for the hyde i would have escaped and been long gone by now." wednesday said in her typical blank tone. however wednesday knew that statement was not entirely true. deep down in her dark heart, she felt the tiniest bit excited to see everyone again. more specifically eugene, and possibly enid.

"please stay safe wednesday. i know you are passionate about this but i don't want to see you getting hurt again." gomez, her father, asked her.

"do not worry father. if i can survive an attempted murder multiples times i'm sure i can survive whatever is next." she reassured him. it was a short conversation due to the two lovers going right back to kissing as soon as wednesday finished her sentence. she sighed.

enid was quite the opposite of wednesday on her car ride back to school. she wasn't speaking to anybody, but she was texting all of her friends and updating her blog. she smiled at her phone as she thought of everyone she would see again. she would get to see wednesday and yoko everyday again. she smiled at the thought of it. it suddenly popped in her mind that she would finally see ajax again. her smile grew even wider as she started to text him.

enid

hiiii!!!! i'm so excited to see you :D do yk what time you'll be at school?? <3

enid impatiently stared at her phone and fidgeted with her fingers as she anxiously waited for him to reply. the light of the screen reflected on her face with her eyebrows furrowed.

ajax

prob in about an hour or so

enid stared at the message as she thought about how to reply. why didn't he say he was excited to see her too? her thoughts led from one to another as she started to blame herself for his response. what was she thinking? he deliberately told her that he didn't want to talk until they saw each other in person. enid still anxiously stared at the phone screen, debating on whether or not to reply to his message. it was rude to leave him on read, enid never was the type to leave someone on read. but what could she even say to that? ajax made it seem as if he didn't even want to talk to her.

enid

alright!! :)

she breathed a sigh of relief and was able to feel a little bit more relaxed. but one question bothered her mind.

how was ajax going to behave in person?

~

"and done!" enid smiled at herself proudly. she was finally done setting up her side of the room. it was just like it was prior. everything back in its exact spot. she breathed a sigh of relief and fell back onto her bed. she had insisted on coming to school quite early since she knew she needed lots of time to set up her room. it was not the easiest task. plus she knew she didn't want to lose any time that could be spent catching up with her friends. however none of her friends had come yet so she found herself quite bored. korean pop music softly played in the background as she was left alone with her thoughts.

it then suddenly crossed her mind to text wednesday. she snapped out of her thoughts as she ran to grab her phone. she feverishly tapped her fingers against the screen.

enid

HIIII WEDNESDAYYY!! i miss you sm :( IM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TODAY <3 when are you gonna be here????

wednesday

Hello Enid. Please refrain from using all capital letters, it makes you sound like an imbecile. I am currently walking in the school as I am sending this message. It will be around fifteen minutes before I will begin to be tortured by you again. From, Wednesday.

the blonde giggled at wednesday's odd texting style. she tried to teach her how to text more casually, but the girl insisted in not sounding dumb. enid felt all bubbly thinking about seeing wednesday after the long time they spent apart. her cheeks turn a light shade of pink thinking about seeing her so soon. she quickly got up off her bed and made a run for her mirror. it felt as if she had to look good when wednesday saw her again. her blonde hair sat on her shoulders as she ran her fingers through it. not a single strand of hair should be out of place. the two long scars that lined her face were not even noticeable, which made enid feel relieved. everything looked perfect.

just as enid stood up and turned around the door began to creak. the girl felt a wave of excitement come over her. she stared at the door as the short, but intimidating, wednesday made her way in. enid was starstruck as wednesday stared right into her light blue eyes.

"keep staring at me like that and i just might think you're my stalker." wednesday told the girl.

"i missed you so much!" enid exclaimed to wednesday. her smile was huge. she fought the urge to run up and hug her. the black haired girl eyebrow slightly rose at enid's enthusiastic response.

"can't say the same." wednesday told her with no emotion at all. she turned away from enid to begin to unpack her bags. enid was unaffected at her harsh comment because by now she knew that was just how wednesday was. despite her being dry, enid still continued to ramble on.

"i have so much to tell you! so much has happened. and i also wanna hear about your time too." enid winked at the end of her sentence. she had more to say than that but she didn't want to be rude and instead gave wednesday the opportunity to talk.

"i enjoyed being far away from you," wednesday turned around to face the taller girl, "however thing has missed you." enid giggled at her. thing most definitely had missed enid, but the two girls knew what they truly meant by that statement.

"would you like some help unpacking?" enid excitedly asked her. wednesday still just stared at her in an odd way.

"i don't need anyone's help." she quickly replied. enid awkwardly stood there not knowing what to say after wednesday's response. it certainly wasn't uncommon for wednesday to not say much. but enid had hope that she would at least talk a little bit. but after a while wednesday decided to break the silence. "how are you and ajax?"

the question confused enid. wednesday never asked her about boys.

"we're really great!" enid lied, "i'm so excited to see him later today. we haven't seen each other in a while." she told her roomie. that response threw off wednesday a little. enid, who could never spend more than five seconds away from ajax's lips, didn't see him at all over break? it seemed as if she was about to have another mystery to solve.

"that's surprising." wednesday responded. she has more questions to ask but she wasn't that interested in talking about boys, especially ajax.

"yeah but that doesn't matter right now. i have so much to tell you!" enid changes the subject. the bubbly girl starts to ramble on about her break. she makes sure not to leave out a single detail. wednesday unpacks her things as she listens to her ramble on. she most certainly enjoys not having to talk anymore, but dead silence would be much better compared to enid talking.

(a/n: woo the first chapter is out! i decided to release it a day early. btw if anyone was wondering i'm not going to add the stalker to the storyline. it will be breifly mentioned but that's about it. i want this to focus on enid's and wednesday's relationship. i most def don't wanna write the entirety of season 2 LOL. but tysm for reading!!)