007

enid reluctantly let her eyes open. the sun blinded her eyes. it was now sunday morning. her dorm was oddly quiet, the only sound that could be heard was her own soft breathing. the blonde yawned and for a moment everything was peaceful.

"you should really stop sleeping in your makeup. it can cause a surplus in oil which can cause breakouts, and we both know how much you care about your skin." wednesday spoke up.

the sudden statement caused her to be jolted awake. she sat up to look at wednesday.

the girl sat on her dark bed reading most likely an even darker book. enid quickly turned to face her. she brought her hands to her face to see for herself, and to her surprise wednesday was right.

"shit." enid sighed.

"also i would recommend not unexpectedly barging into my alone time. unless you would like to be scarred for the rest of your innocent life." wednesday stared at enid's blue eyes as she brought her finger to her tounge and licked it, in order to turn to the next page.

"you heard me?" enid suddenly jumped out of bed, hair a mess.

"sadly." wednesday didn't even look up as she replied. her dark eyes stayed glued to her book.

enid groaned, feeling overwhelmed by her emotions. she stormed over to her desk.

"you know wednesday, i've just had the worst week of my life. i don't need your snarky comments right now!" enid firmly told her roommate. she aggressively wiped her makeup off of her face.

wednesday looked up from her book, to see enid in shambles. her hair was all out of place, eyes red, and makeup messily rubbed off her face. and she knew only one way to fix it. never in a million years would she have wanted to do it. but she knew that enid would only become more unbearable if she didn't.

"enid." wednesday reluctantly stood up.

the blonde hastily turned to face her, but was surprised at what she saw. wednesday addams was standing in the middle of their room, arms open, offering enid sinclair a hug.

at first enid was too shocked to move. but after processing what she had just seen, she wasted no time getting up and running into her arms.

wednesday almost fell to the ground when they made contact. enid's grip was strong on the shorter girl. her fingers gripped onto wednesday's clothes attempting to comfort herself. tears fell from her face as wednesday wrapped her arms carefully around enid. she once again felt safe and comfortable, just like the night their first hug happened.

wednesday however was not the biggest fan. she tolerated the hug only because she knew it would lower the chances of another breakdown.

"i don't know what to do, i just blew up on yoko and now she probably hates me." enid confided in wednesday.

she buried her face into wednesday's neck. the shorter girl could feel her breath tingle against her flesh. instinctually her eyes widened a little.

"each day you prove to me how dumb you can really be." she told her.

the blonde perked up. she brought her head up and stared right through wednesday's deep brown eyes.

"thanks." enid chuckled as she wiped her tears.

"don't show me any more gratitude. you've already pushed me to my limit." she reminded her.

"one last hug?" she begged.

wednesday sighed. but enid kept giving her puppy dog eyes, which she hated. so reluctantly, she allowed it.

enid smiled wide and hugged wednesday once again. she felt all warm and bubbly inside, as if she was going to burst from excitement. the shorter girl gave in and hugged her back. her arms wrapped around enid's neck, keeping her close. her eyes slowly closed, and wednesday felt comfortable.

enid knew she couldn't push wednesday any further, so she freed her from the hug.

"should i go talk to her? i don't know if she even wants to see me.." enid panicked.

"despite how annoying you are to me, not everyone feels that way." the shorter girl looked up into enid's deep blue eyes.

enid giggled.

"you have odd ways of comforting people." she told her.

"i'm not comforting you. i just can't stand not being the one causing you such pain." wednesday replied, "but go talk to her. with you gone i am at peace."

"thanks a lot wednesday, you're the best friend i could ever ask for." enid smiled wide at her roommate.

"if you ever say those words again i will not hesitate to kill you in your sleep." wednesday groaned.

enid's smile faded. she nodded in understanding.

wednesday went back to her typical routine while enid was off to go make amends with yoko. as she sat down however, she wondered why she was so soft when it came to enid. she never acted that way with tyler or xavier. the only people she truly cared about were pugsley and eugene. but that was because she knew they needed someone to look out for them, so she stepped up to the role.

but with enid it was different. she was completely capable of taking care of herself, and wednesday knew it. sure, she did have the occasional melt down, but she was strong. both physically and mentally. she knew how to take care of herself and others. yes, enid was in a rough spot in her life but it was nothing she couldn't handle.

the black haired girl sat there puzzled.

why did she feel this way around enid?

(a/n: not the biggest fan of this chapter except for the hug obvi, i was a bit stuck on what to write. but regardless i hope you guys enjoyed <3 ALSO i decided to change the cover so lmk what you think)