005

it was sunday now. officially a day since ajax's and enid's breakup. 

wednesday was clueless to what had happened, she hadn't talked to enid since she left on saturday. quite frankly she was happy to have a day without enid. there were zero distractions to bother her. but her suspicion rose when she didn't return that night. wednesday knew enid couldn't have gone so long with at least stopping by. so, she had spent today sharpening her best knives in preparation. 

what wednesday didn't know was that enid had spent hours crying in yoko's arms. 

enid who had just woken up, found herself in an unfamiliar room. light shined in her eyes, signaling it was time to get up. she was confused for a second, until it hit her. 

i broke up with ajax

her emotions started to take over once again. tears began to fill her eyes like they had just done the night before. she  quickly covered her face in her palms. her breathing started to become irregular. 

her friend, yoko, who had already gotten up quickly noticed enid. "woah, come here." she wasted no time sitting next to enid wrapping her up in a tight hug. enid however still sobbed. yoko attempted to reassure her, but enid's tears just kept flowing. 

"yoko, what am i gonna do." enid was now sobbing hysterically at this point. she clutched onto her friend for dear life. yoko just held onto her best friend tighter. 

"just let it all out, it's ok." yoko said as she softly stroked enid's hair. 

 after a bit the blonde girl seemed to be crying a little bit less. 

"thank you so much, i don't know what i'd do without you." enid removed herself from the hug and thanked her. 

"i know it hurts right now, and it's gonna for a while, but you made the right decision. if he wasn't willing to put in the effort then he wasn't worth your time. you deserve so much better enid." she softly wiped enid's tears that were streaking down her cheeks. when yoko's hand touched one of enid's scars, enid flinched a little. 

"i think i have to go now, wednesday is probably already planning ajax's demise." enid smiled for the first time in what felt like years.

yoko was reluctant at first, but eventually let enid leave. not without a long goodbye hug however. 

enid made her way out of yoko's room and started to journey to hers. as she walked it felt like everyones eyes were piercing through her. she wouldn't be surprised if the entire school knew about their breakup at this point. 

she decided to quickly check her phone, which would be a grave mistake. 

ajax

i'm sorry enid

can we talk?

please????

listen i'm really sorry 

enid??!?

just come to my dorm please lets talk about it. i want to see you.

enid could feel her tears reentering her eyes once again. she quickly shut off her phone and shoved it back in her pocket. her pace quickened a little. 

when she reached her dorm she wasted no time getting in. the door clicked shut behind her and she breathed a sigh of relief. that was until, she saw wednesday. 

"what are you doing?" enid was caught off guard. 

wednesday sat at her desk, sharpening an array of weapons. some of them didn't even seem legal to own. 

"i figured since you didn't return last night i might have some dirty business to attend to," wednesday stood up and told enid, "i like having multiple options." 

enid sighed, relieved that wednesday was not about to kill her. although she was a bit concerned.

"sorry, i stayed at yoko's for the night." she explained. wednesday only stared at her in response.

it was silent for a brief moment.  

"your eyes are red, are you sick?" wednesday asked. in her mind she was running through all of the sicknesses that enid could possibly have. 

"no, it was uh.." enid started to speak, but could feel her tears starting to fall again. 

"spit it out, or i'll make you do it." wednesday said in a monotone. 

enid gathered up all her courage, "i broke up with ajax." 

wednesday stood there for a moment. enid was scared out of her mind, thinking she might leave right that second to go kill him herself. 

"finally." was all she managed to say. 

enid stood there shocked for a second. she was at least expecting a bit longer of a reply. 

"what do you mean by finally?" enid asked.

wednesday turned around and walked back to her desk. she carefully looked over all of her weapons which made enid queasy. after a moment of contemplation, she picked one up. enid gulped. wednesday quickly turned around and started to march towards the door. 

enid quickly grabbed wednesday by her shoulders to stop her. 

"i have a new torture method i would like to test out." wednesday said and she stared through enid's soul. 

"woah, i know you're mad but you can't kill him!" enid scolded her. 

"i didn't plan on killing him," enid breathed a sigh of relief as wednesday told her, "not yet anyways." 

enid groaned. 

"listen i get you're mad and i am too but killing him isn't the answer! can we just chill out today? i'm not really in the mood. i just kinda want to be alone" she stated. 

the shorter girl tilted her head a little. enid took another deep breath in order to contain her emotions. 

"fine. i will simply deal with him later." wednesday lowered her weapon.

"thanks weds." enid forced a smile.

the two girls went to their respective sides of the room. except for this time, it was much more silent than usual. 

enid laid in her bed buried under the covers. she sat on her phone thinking of how to reply to ajax's texts. tears slowly streamed down her face. her eyes felt heavy. 

wednesday had noticed enid's odd behavior. typically she was full of life. enid would never spend the weekend just laying in bed. she however didn't know how to comfort others, except for killing the ones who hurt enid. so she figured that it would be best to just focus on finding the stalker today. 

the two did not speak for the rest of the day. 

(a/n: WEDNESDAY SEASON TWO LETS GO!! i am SO excited. i was so worried that it would get cancelled but it thankfully didn't. also i'm super excited because i heard on twitter that season two will focus more on wednesday and enid, which could mean WENCLAIR CANON??!?!? but it could also mean enid is the stalker WHICH IS TERIFFYING?!?! but they are prob still in the veryyyyy early stages of writing so anything can happen. but yeah, i'm SUPER EXCITED AHHHH. what are your guys predictions for season two?)