015

that next weekend...

enid sat anxiously on her bed, constantly bouncing her legs. she could barely contain her excitement. instead of paying attention in class the past week, she had been devising a plan for her and wednesday to spend more time together. she wasn't sure why she had spent so much time analyzing everything. i mean, typically she would just ask her to hang out. but today felt different. this time was going to be different than before.

she kept looking at the time on her phone, as if it would make it go any faster. it had felt like an eternity waiting for wednesday to get back. her class was on the further side of the school, but it was taking longer than usual. her mind swirled with all the possible situations that could be holding her up so late.

thing tapped his fingers across the floor, as anxious as enid too.

"i love you thing but you are not helping right now!" she begun to panick, now starting to sweat at her palms.

the blonde once again checked her phone, and to her surprise not even a minute had passed. she sighed, mind racing all over the place. things little taps across the floor were not helping her ease her mind.

she quickly decided to check her makeup one last time, hoping it would somehow make wednesday come quicker. she opened her camera and brought it close up to her face, inspecting the scars that aligned her face. as the weeks went on she had gotten much better at covering her marks. some days it even looked like there was nothing there. today however was not one of those days. enid groaned, now feeling even more anxious than before.

her mind kept racing, thinking of all of the possibilities regarding tonight. she ran her fingers through her soft, blonde hair. thing was still tapping around the room, anxious for wednesday to be back.

enid was so lost in her thoughts that she almost didn't hear the door creak open.

her eyes immediately shot open when she processed the familiar sound. her legs went on autopilot and stood up without hesitation. and, to no surprise, she was met with a familiar face.

"wednesday! i'm so happy to see my favorite roomie!" she smiled widely, unable to contain her excitement.

her roommate stood in the door, hand held onto the straps of her backpack, frozen. "why are you acting more annoying than usual?" she asked. 

the blonde begun to panic a little, "nothing. i'm just excited for you to be back!" 

"you saw me a couple of hours ago and we live together, there's something else going on." wednesday stared deep down into enids blue eyes, that had now started to be surrounded by a pink tinted blush. she raised her eyebrow, waiting for a response from the baffled wolf. when she kept standing there, wednesday took it as her cue to finally walk in. 

enid stammered, shocked at how easily wednesday could read her. 

"whatever it is you're gonna ask me. my answer is no." the shorter girl informed enid, as she began to unpack her bag. 

"what? come on..." enid whined, "i haven't even asked you yet!"

"you should know how i am by now enid. don't be surprised." she turned to face her, once again staring right into her eyes. 

"but come on, please?" she begged.

"no."

"please?"

"no."

"pleaseeee?"

"i said no, enid."

"pleaseee wednesday?"

there was a brief moment of silence that lingered the room. 

"fine." wednesday succumbed. 

the blonde beamed, "ok so i've been thinking recently, i know we see each other like everyday..."

"sadly." wednesday interrupted. 

"but we haven't officially hung out in a while! i know we talk and stuff but i want to like officially hang out. just you and me." she explained to her, walking closer to her side of the room as she spoke. a huge smile was plastered on her face, unable to contain her joy.  

"i think it's official enid.." she began to reply

"really?!" she was quickly interrupted.

"that you have gone insane thinking i would agree to that."

enid sighed, feeling dumb for getting her hopes up. "come on, please wednesday? you've been hanging out with xavier so much, it's only fair." she practically begged her.

"why do you care about xavier?" wednesday questioned the blonde. 

she was drawn at a blank. "because..." she thought for a moment, not able to find the words to exactly describe how she felt, "it doesn't matter! i want tonight to be about us. no xavier, just me and you."

wednesday stood there and crossed her arms, deep in thought. she considered all the possible outcomes for each of her answers, weighing the pros and cons. enid stood and stared back at her, anxiously waiting for her answer.

"fine." she replied. 

the blonde almost had a heart attack. her eyes widened, eyebrows raised, and a smile plastered her face. 

"oh thank you! you have no idea how relieved i am!" she bounced up and down, unable to contain herself. wednesday watched, silently judging her. 

"don't make me regret it." she reminded her.

enid giggled, "don't worry i won't."

"never mind, i already feel regret."

"oh hush! maybe you wont feel so regretful if you go and put your pajamas on so we can get started?" enid sneakily suggested. 

wednesday raised her eyebrow, but decided not to question her. she quickly shuffled over to her closet to get changed, already wanting this night to be over with.

enid on the other hand could not contain her excitement. she not so quietly ran over to her bed and threw herself onto it. her legs kicked in the air as she covered her face with a pillow, trying to conceal her squeals. thing could even be heard tapping in celebration too. 

however she quickly stopped herself at the thought of wednesday walking out to see her acting so childish. she knew she would die from embarrassment if that happened. she let out a breath of relief, glad she had actually convinced her to hang out. in fact, she was actually a bit surprised. but regardless, she was ecstatic about what was going to happen that night. 

(a/n: hi everyone! thank you all for being so patient for these past couple of updates. finally, i actually have time to write. alsooo thank you SO MUCH for 9k reads!!)