014

the next day...

light shined through the dorm that was once pitch dark. nevermore academy was once again alive and thriving with students. the sound of people chatting filled the halls of the school. unlike the dead silence that had been present just mere hours before. it was saturday, so it was bound to be like this anyways.

wednesday however was not happy to be woken up. typically she would have been up hours ago, but something was different today. she groggily rubbed her eyes that wished to stay closed and sat herself up. only to realize that she was still in the same clothes from last night.

did i really just fall asleep without changing?

she sighed. she had no recollection of falling asleep last night. the last thing that she could remember was laying in bed thinking about enid. her eyes suddenly slightly widened when she could feel her face turning a light shade of pink. she hastily scanned the room to make sure no one saw, which thankfully no one did.

she wasted no time jumping out of bed. all of her dark-colored clothes from the night before had become all wrinkled. she groaned loudly.

the short girl wasted no time running to her closet and quickly changing. enid could be back any minute (she was never really good at saying when she'd be back, so wednesday has always been scared one time she's going to walk in on her changing or with her hair down or something embarrassing like that.)

and on cue wednesday heard the sound of the door slowly creaking open and slowly back closed. she quickly flattened her hair down, attempting to make it not look like a mess.

"wednesday?" enid softly yelled.

she quietly sighed, looking in her mirror one last time before walking out, "yes enid?"

the blonde smiled wide, relieved to see wednesday. although that smile faded when she saw the state wednesday was in. she stood in front of her, clothes wrinkled and bunched up, pigtails half undone, and eyes even more menacing than usual.

"geez what did you get into while i was gone?" enid asked, with a gritted smile.

the shorter girl groaned in annoyance, "just some light torture."

enid looked her up and down, and slowly shuffled over to her bed. she plopped right down, relieved to finally be back. her blonde hair was sprawled over the bed.

"why are you so happy to be back, i try my best to make sure i am insufferable." the dark haired girl asked.

enid giggled, "i'm just happy to see you."

wednesday quietly sighed in response. enid only giggled more.

"so what really happened last night?" the blonde perked up after a brief moment of silence.

"nothing," she replied, before remembering what she actually did, "xavier came over last night."

enid immediately sat up, eyes wide open, claws suddenly sticking out, and in a panic she said, "xavier came over night?"

she turned around to face enid, confused as to why she was so angry. i mean, all he did was annoy her and look around the room. she honestly didn't even want him over.

"what's the issue?" the short girl questioned.

"oh my god wednesday, i can't believe you.." enid replied, still in a shock.

"what is the big deal? why are your claws out?" wednesday asked, still confused about what the issue was.

"you and xavier... are together?" the blonde whispered, processing everything that just happened.

wednesday was taken aback at first, "i would rather be torn apart by the hyde then date xavier. i do not want anything to do with boys."

"but your clothes, your hair.." she pointed out.

the shorter girls eyes widened, "i am disgusted you would even suggest that enid. you know me better than that."

"you need to choose your words better next time. i almost had a heart attack." she let out a big sigh of relief as her claws went back to their typical position.

there was no response from wednesday, which wasn't abnormal for her. she wasn't the biggest fan of conversation. she sat down in front of her typewriter, and begun to write. just like she did almost everyday.

now that enid was much more calm, she was able to finally have some time to herself. the blonde laid on her bed, busy updating her blog. there was too much gossip going around for her not to. her fingers softly tapped against the screen, making much less sound compared to the typewriter.

then, a thought suddenly crossed enid's mind.

should i tell wednesday i'm a lesbian?

she felt nervous even thinking about it. but, she's her friend, she should know. she deserves to know, enid trusts her. if she didn't tell her it wouldn't feel right. yoko said however to take her time. but enid knows she can't be patient. shes never been patient. she knows she always rushes into things and cant control it.

the tapping of her fingers stopped as she stared at the screen in front of her, deep in thought. luckily, the other girl was too busy to notice. her teeth harshly sunk into her pink bottom lip. if she had bit any harder she would have drawn blood.

enid peered over at the shorter girl on the other side of the room. she stared at her up and down, admiring how lost she could get writing. she quietly tried to shift her position on her bed, trying to catch a glimpse of wednesday's focused face. although she didn't have much luck, since her desk was faced away from her. a small sigh could be heard escaping from her lips.

once again she gazed over her phone, staring at the paragraph she hadn't completed. her thumbs wavered against the screen, unsure of what to write next. her mind was in other places anyways.

"i'll be right back." wednesday abruptly stood up from her chair, in a rush.

enid jumped a little in response, being broken out of her trance.

"is something wrong?" she quickly replied.

"i think i might have a lead. i'll be right back." and just like that, wednesday was out the door.

enid sat there, still processing what had happened. she quickly however shook herself out of the trance. once again she sighed. recently it had seemed the two of them never had spent much time together. she was always off with yoko and wednesday was always with xavier or searching for her stalker. she groaned, knowing she was going to spend a saturday without wednesday.

(a/n: hii everyone! i just wanted to thank you all for being patient with this update, i went two weeks without updating and i'm very sorry. like i said before i was just wayyyy too busy to find any time to write. but thankfully this week was actually more open so i was able to get it done. anddd sorry to disappoint once again but i am going on vacation for a week so i sadly won't be updating until the 8th of april. i hope you can all understand, and thank you sm for reading!)