003

wednesday didn't notice she had been writing for much longer than usual. with enid gone she was finally able to be at peace. the only sound that had disturbed wednesday was the occasional taps of thing walking across the floor, which was much better compared to how distracting enid was. 

her silence however was interrupted by the door slamming. wednesday slowly turned around to see enid going to lay down in her bed.

"you didn't say hello. what's the issue today." wednesday turned back around to finish the page she had been working on. the typewriter made a ding, and wednesday removed the paper. enid's groans could be heard from behind her.

"wow wednesday i didn't think you cared." enid sat up, surprised at wednesday's sudden hospitality.

"i don't. i'm only seeing if i have a new potential victim to torture." she told her as she turned to face her. enid's eyes slightly widened at the comment.

it was silent for a moment before enid spoke up.

"wednesday, do you think ajax likes me?" enid asked the girl.

the question initially confused wednesday. when enid was talking to her about ajax it was about how much she liked him. it had never been anything like this. her brows furrowed as she thought of how to reply.

"considering how often you two swap spit, i would say yes." wednesday replied.

to be quite honest, wednesday wasn't the best person to ask about boys. after the situation with tyler, she was even less interested in any drama that surrounded boys. she had more important things to deal with anyways.

enid sighed, "that wasn't very reassuring, but thanks wednesday."

the two were quiet after that. enid sat in her bed on her phone for the rest of the day and didn't say another word to wednesday. however, wednesday was not complaining. maybe the rest of the year wouldn't be as terrible as she had imagined.

~

enid woke up bright and early the next morning, just like she had done for weeks prior. she rubbed at her eyes. groggily, she forced herself up out of bed. quietly she sat herself at her desk, careful not to wake wednesday. softly, she ran her soft fingers over her array of makeup products.

she brought her mirror closer to her face to inspect her scars. one of the larger ones laid right above her eyebrow. but it was the other three that were the issue. right on her cheek were three very obvious scars. two of them were smaller, but there was one that was just huge. it went from the corner to her eye down to her jawline. enid hated it. she hated waking up every morning feeling the marks line her face. she hated seeing them anytime she looked at herself in the mirror. enid sinclair absolutely hated the way she looked now.

she snapped out of her thoughts and quickly wiped away the tears that had fallen down her cheeks. crying wouldn't change the way she looked, but makeup could. so enid started her typical routine.

first, she used a special cream to help it heal better. she had done tons of research over break to find the best way to help her scars heal the fastest, and decided on the one she was currently applying. her next step was to apply as much makeup as she possibly could, which took forever and was also very wasteful.

as she was applying the final dabs of foundation, she felt a presence on the other side of the room. slowly, she turned to see a dark figure staring at her. enid screamed and almost fell out of her chair before realizing who it was.

"wednesday you can't scare me like that!" enid yelled at her, "you almost gave me a heart attack."

"that's a shame. i would have rather killed you myself." wednesday told enid.

"well good morning to you too. what are you even doing up this early?" enid asked her.

"i could be asking you the same."

shit

"uh well i didn't sleep well last night cause i'm so excited for today! i woke up early so i figured i would get ready early." enid lied. yes, she was overjoyed to be back at school. however, enid last semester would have never been up this early.

wednesday uncomfortably stared at her for a second. enid gulped.

"don't get into a habit. first thing in the morning when you're not up is when i am at peace. if this continues i won't have an issue making sure you are unconscious for a long period of time."

if wednesday had said that at the beginning of the year, she would have immediately ran and told principal weems. but by now enid was used to her unusual replies.

"don't worry wednesday, it won't be an issue" she smiled at the taller girl. wednesday lingered for a second, before returning to her side of the room to start her own morning routine.

enid knew what she just said was a lie. and she also knew she couldn't keep making up excuses for why she was up so early.

(a/n: it's technically monday in my time zone hehehe so i can upload YAYY. y'all don't understand how hard it is for me to fight the urge to not publish all the other chapters i have written. but a shorter chapter today so sorry :( i was a bit stuck on what to write so i just decided to end it early. but regardless i hope you enjoyed it and the next chapter will be longer! also happy holidays!)