021

the dark-haired girl trudged through the halls of nevermore. it was dark out as the wind blew outside. the moon let a glow inside of the school. people were still a bit chatty at this hour. a couple of students still lingered in the halls. they all crowded together in hushed conversations.

she walked a familiar path towards xavier's dorm. she kept her eyes straight and dared not to look anywhere else. the sounds of her quick footsteps could be heard throughout the halls. she walked at a bit faster than usual, wishing to get this over with already.

her eyes scanned the hall looking for xavier's dorm and eventually found it.

reluctantly her knuckled grazed the door where they lingered for a couple of seconds. she looked down at the floor, contemplating her decision. it wasn't too late to back out.

wednesday's knuckles banged against the door. it made a sound that drove through the dorm. it was silent for a moment. then, a shuffling sound followed by whispers could be heard. she impatiently tapped her foot, awaiting his arrival.

she let out an annoyed breath when xavier flung the door open.

"hey, it took you long enough. it's almost like you don't wanna see me," he greeted her with a smirk plastered on his face.

"i don't want to see you. let's get this over with," she brushed him off to the side, letting herself into his dorm.

she stepped in and took in her surroundings, judging every minute detail about his room. her eyes darted around the room in a quick manner.

"can you stop staring around creepily and come sit down?" xavier teased her. he grinned at her as he plopped down onto his bed.

she held back her snarky response and reluctantly sat down next to him, making sure to keep a reasonable distance apart from him. he quickly looked her up and down noticing how she sat up straight and kept her head high. she didn't turn to look at him and instead gazed off into the distance. he bit onto his tongue to distract himself from the quiet.

xavier coughed breaking the awkward silence, "so i took some notes but i still don't really understand it. i was hoping you could help explain it?"

the dark haired girl reluctantly sighed before facing him, "show me," she demanded in a forceful tone.

he chuckled at her response and leaned off the bed. he rummaged around in his disorganized bag searching for his notebook. after about a minute of searching he pulled out a beat up notebook and threw it in front of wednesday.

"do you expect me to touch that?" she questioned, leaning away from it.

xavier shook his head playfully and took it back. he flipped through the pages searching for the unit he was confused on. after a couple of swipes he had tossed it back over to wednesday.

she eyed him up and down before reluctantly picking it up. she looked over the pages, trying to read his handwriting. it also didn't help that his notes didn't make any sense. she analyzed it to the best of her ability which proved to not be an easy task.

"this writing is ineligible," she informed him still reading it over.

"just explain it to me. i'm gonna fail if you don't help," he explained.

she sighed, "that isn't my problem."

"ok well then just quiz me. i need the help," he practically begged her.

wednesday stared him down, already annoyed with him. she however sucked it up and caved in.

she would read over his notes and ask a couple questions regarding it. he would get it wrong most the time and had to be corrected. he seemed to be showing progress however after some time. he would get multiple questions in a row right without a single flaw. it went on like this for quite a while. wednesday then would suggest to end it, but xavier insisted they keep studying.

"oh god i know this one..." he pondered. as he thought he sneakily inched himself closer to her.

"you either know it or you don't," she replied, quite annoyed at this point.

"here just let me take a peek," he asked her.

xavier leaned over and looked over his notes. his shoulders touched wednesday's, invading her personal space. their heads were mere inches away from each other.

she quickly became obvious of their closeness and immediately became uncomfortable. she slowly leaned away from him, hoping that he wouldn't notice. yet, he continued to only lean in closer. she only felt more and more uncomfortable which pushed her closer to the edge.

"get off of me," she suddenly backed away, "are you blind?"

"woah calm down," he tried to appease her, "i was just looking. i wasn't doing anything else."

she saw straight through his lies. "i'm leaving," she informed him.

wednesday abruptly stood up and threw his notebook back at him. she picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder. she intended to storm out but then felt a hand wrap around her wrist.

"geez calm down, i wasn't doing anything," he told her.

the girl raised her eyebrow, once again not falling for his trick. "i've helped you all i can. now i am leaving," she tried to free herself from his grasp, but his grip only tightened.

"come on, just stay. you're overreacting," xavier  tried to convince her.

she swiftly brought her arm up to her chest and freed herself from his grip, "i am leaving now. goodbye."

and just like that she was gone. his dorm was empty. only he stood in the middle of the room. there was no more convincing xavier could do to make her stay. he angrily ran his hands through his hair, processing what just happened.

"so much for my plan working..." he grumbled and threw himself on the bed.

wednesday trudged through the halls, quickly making her way back to her dorm. she still felt uncomfortable and grossed out as the events lingered in her mind.

(a/n: HI EVERYONE i just want to apologize for not updating for like a month. tbh i've been really uninspired recently so i was stuck on what to do for a longggg time. but regardless i hope this was worth the wait :) also i want to thank you all for 20k+ reads like OMG?!?! TYSM <3)