012

two weeks later...

enid and yoko were having their typical sleepover. the two girls had been hanging out at yoko's dorm for a couple of hours now. although to them, it had felt much quicker. it was starting to get a bit late at night. the sun already had hid itself from sight, leaving the campus of nevermore academy to be pitch black. not a ray of sun was visible. the halls were pretty quiet, considering it was a friday. the only sound that enid could make out was the not so soft melody of wednesday's cello. it was quite distinct to her, despite being multiple dorm rooms away.

the two girls however were not quiet. they had been gossiping for what seemed like hours. anything that came to their mind would come out of their mouths. even if it was a bit too personal. enid was laughing so much her face hurt, which was something that was actually quite common for her.

"oh my god shut up!" enid covered her face with a pillow out of embarrassment. she could feel her face getting hot.

"i'm sorry. i just had to bring it up." yoko giggled mischievously.

the blonde groaned, "ok lets change the topic. to anything else please."

enid removed her head from the pillow that was once buried in shame. she sat up to face her friend, who was deep in thought. her brow was furrowed as she silently came up with an idea.

"so you figured anything out yet?" the vampire asked, changing the tone of their conversation.

enid tensed up a little at the question, "actually i think i have."

yoko's eyes widened a little at the response. she wasn't expecting an actual answer. she wanted to just check up on her, see how she was doing. not enid actually having things figured out. i mean it had only been about three weeks or so? it was certainly odd to her.

"hey you know you don't have to figure out everything so soon.." she tried to reply before quickly getting cut off.

"no. it's okay. i've put a lot of thought into it." enid reassured her.

the dark haired girl schooched herself closer to enid, who had her arms crossed. she comfortably rested her hand on her pale arms, softly rubbing them.

"i'm listening." yoko softly whispered to remind her.

enid closed her eyes and steadied her breathing, taking one last big breath to calm herself down.

"i've been thinking a lot since we've had our talk, and it's been driving me fucking crazy," she told her, tears starting to form in her eyes, "but after thinking about it for all this time, i've come to the conclusion that i do like girls."

yoko wasted no time quickly wrapping her into a hug. surprisingly however, enid pushed her away.

"i'm not done." she told her.

"oh right, sorry." she quickly apologized.

"i'm a lesbian, yoko. now obviously i'm not a hundred percent sure yet, but i'm definitely leaning that way right now. i want to try identifying this way to see if it fits me, you know?" enid tried to explain how she felt, not sure if she was using the right words to describe it.

"thank you for telling me enid. and that's totally okay. i'm really proud of you." her friend comforted her.

yoko wrapped her arm around enid and allowed her to rest her head on her shoulder. she could feel enid's body become much less tense then it had previously been.

enid took a much needed breath out and wiped the tears that rimmed her eyes, "i don't even know why i'm crying. it's not like this is a huge surprise or anything."

"don't be ashamed of crying. you're crying because this is something that is hard to come to terms with. and it's even harder to say." she told her.

enid sniffled a little. yoko held onto her a little tighter.

"it's just hard, you know? i mean just the thought that i'll never have a boyfriend..." she sighed, wiping more tears from her eyes.

"yeah it's hard to come to terms with that. but once you do, you'll realize how amazing it is to love a woman." she reassured her.

"what is it like?" enid asked perking up.

"it's amazing in the fact that your claws won't come out when you make out with her." she teased a little.

"ugh. you know what i mean yoko. tell me about it." enid practically begged her.

yoko rolled her eyes, "listen, why don't you figure it out yourself. go and get a girlfriend."

"it's not that easy," enid whined, "i just realized i like girls, i have no idea what to do."

"i know. i was just teasing." yoko backed off.

"with guys i knew exactly what to do. trust me. i spent hours of my life researching." the wolf told her.

yoko blankly stared back at her, "okay..."

"and plus there aren't any girls i like here." she added.

the vampire gave her the side eye, which thankfully enid didn't see.

"you don't have to worry about all that stuff right now. just take your time with it, i'm positive someone will come around." yoko explained.

she processed what her friend had said for a second, before quickly speaking up, "oh my god not to change the topic but wednesday and xavier have been hanging out a lot more than usual."

"really? wednesday actually likes him?" she replied in shock.

enid groaned loudly.

"it's driving me crazy. i don't even know why i care." the wolf told her.

yoko silently stared at enid for a second, "yeah it's a total mystery."

enid sighed and fell against the bed. she stared up at the ceiling in deep thought, not caring that yoko was in the room. no matter what she did, she couldn't pinpoint what the issue was.

"i most definetly don't xavier," she started to ramble, "he's just so... ugh. i don't know why wednesday is wasting her time with him. shes like, so much better than him."

"well yeah that is true, but you can't figure out why you care so much?" the vampire asked.

"no. i don't have the slightest clue." enid whined to her.

yoko sighed in defeat.

(a/n: ENID LESBIAN YAYYYY now i can finally start writing some good stuff... also this chapter is a bit rushed tbh ive had such bad writers block and had no idea how to write this chapter for like ever)