020

a couple days later...

enid happily sat on her bed, free from the torture of the weeks classes. her uniform was still dressed on her. her hair was messy after a long day of classes. she scrolled through her phone with not a single bad thought in her head. it was peaceful. it was the perfect end to the week.

however, she wasn't exactly sure where wednesday was, but that had become a norm by now. the thought of it hadn't even crossed her mind.

that was until the door of their dorm opened. her phone quickly dropped from her grasp as she turned her head and locked eyes with wednesday. she smiled brightly as if this was her first time seeing her.

"hey! what's up?" she now had turned her entire body to face her. her face was still plastered with a welcoming smile.

"i'm not going to be here for long. i just came to drop off my bag." she replied, setting her stuff down on her dark side of the room near her bed. she didn't turn back around to look at her.

enid tilted her head to the side like a puppy, "what are you doing?"

the other girl rummaged around, setting down her belongings. "xavier asked me to tutor him," she informed her.

her eyebrows furrowed slightly. thankfully, wednesday was too occupied to notice.

"tutor him?" the blonde questioned the boys true motives.

"i am aware of how some may interpret that saying. but i can assure you all we are doing is studying," she reassured, turning around and crossing her arms.

enid knew that was bullshit. she's seen the way xavier has talked to her during class. she's seen the way he stares at her. she knew exactly what his true intentions were.

"you might think that's all you guys are doing, but i know how xavier is," she warned her, secretly hoping she would change her mind.

the other girl stood there for a moment, pondering. she stared off into the distance. and yet she looked ultimately concentrated on her thoughts.

after a moment she replied, "we're just studying. if he does anything i won't let it happen."

enid bit the inside of her cheek anxiously. she had a bad feeling gnawing about this situation gnawing at her. it felt like the inside of her stomach was eating her from the inside out.

"if you don't have anything else to say i'm leaving. goodbye." wednesday quickly tried to shuffle out of the room. that was until she was stopped in her tracks.

"wait!" enid quickly jumped out of her bed, not even thinking first about what she was doing, "can you tutor me?"

she stood there still, processing what she had just done. her breath was heavy and ragged as she processed what she had asked. the dark haired girl turned her head to face her. her eyes shifted up and down as she awkwardly stood there, as shocked and confused as wednesday.

"why?" she raised an eyebrow.

her mouth opened a little, searching for an answer. she went through her head trying to think of a single class she took. yet, her mind was blank.

"uhh..." she looked around the room, "with uh... math!" she suddenly blurted out, accidentally yelling a bit at the end of her sentence.

wednesday flinched a little at the sudden shift tone in tone. she continued to analyze enid, seeing if she could figure out why she was acting so abnormal. yet, she couldn't pinpoint it.

"why are you just now asking me?" she stepped closer, questioning her.

the other girl looked down and sunk her teeth into her pink bottom lip. her mind continued to race with thoughts other than an answer.

"i don't know..." she sheepishly replied.

that response only made wednesday more confused. enid's behavior had been odd for quite a while now. and it only kept getting weirder and weirder.

"well i'm busy tonight," she informed her.

"i know, just maybe... we could later?" she asked her, still shyly looking down at her feet.

the shorter girl contemplated whether she should agree or not. she stood for a moment thinking over the pros and the cons of the situation. it was silent while she organized her thoughts.

this silence made enid anxious. her mind worried with what all could go wrong in this very moment. she didn't even know why she asked. shit, she didn't even mean to ask! it just came out of her.

but there was one thing she knew for sure. she hated the way wednesday was making her act.

"sure. we can talk when i'm back." she snapped the other girl out of her trance.

her eyes lit up, "really!?"

wednesday quickly lifted a finger to shut her up, "i already have to deal with xavier tonight and i don't want to deal with you on top of it."

the mean comment didn't even phase the wolf. she smiled like an idiot. all of her worries and doubts had washed away.

"thank you so much weds! because you know i've been having a hard time with this one equa-"

"shush." she commanded her.

enid quickly stopped mid sentence, not wanting to anger her anymore. she nodded quickly, signaling that she was done talking.

wednesday raised an eyebrow and looked her up and down once more before leaving.

the second the door clicked close she burst into another huge smile. she couldn't contain her excitement. her legs happily skipped around the room celebrating. nothing in the world could bother her at that moment. nothing at all.

(a/n: shorter chapter sorry, i've been soooo stuck on what to write next. but i can promise you all the next chapter will be worth it <3)