016

enid stared off into space. suddenly, wednesday emerged from her closet. she wore a loose fitting shirt that was obviously black. it draped past her hips and sat on her thighs. for her pants they were black and white, placed in a checkered pattern. it wasn't all that different from her typical style. it just had a more relaxed look to it. and less intimidating.

"let's get this over with." she informed enid, who still sat on her bed.

the blonde stared at wednesday, starstruck. she had seen her before in her pajamas, literally almost every night. tonight however, was different. she noticed so much more about wednesday that intrigued her. the more she looked, the redder her cheeks got. but right now, she didn't care. she didn't care about anything else besides wednesday at that moment.

"and i thought i was the creepy one." she commented, wanting to end this odd situation.

enid's light blue eyes suddenly jolted wide open. her face however stayed the same shade of pink that it had been just mere seconds before, "i'm gonna go change!" was all she could yell out.

she hastily shuffled into her own closet, accidentally slamming the door a bit too hard. her hands covered her face as she could feel it growing hotter.

what is wrong with me?

the blonde forced herself to calm down by taking multiple big breaths of air. her eyes scanned her closet, and eventually landed on something she typically wore to bed. her nerves had calmed a bit as she started to change. her shirt was plain white, something more simple to wear to bed compared to the typical bright colors. although for what the shirt was lacking in, her shorts were not. the fabric that sat on her thighs was filled full of different shades of pinks.

now that she had finished, she knew she couldn't stall anymore. it was time to face her fear.

slowly, she creaked the door open, peeking through the crack. her eyes landed on wednesday still standing in the middle of the room. thing was perched by her feet, tapping on the ground. the two seemed to have been talking. she opened the door a bit more, which caught the attention of the other girl.

"are you going to come out or not?" she asked, raising one eyebrow, "or are you going to stand there and stare at me?"

the blonde quickly became sheepish and shuffled out of the closet.

"sorry, i was just trying to not interrupt!" she attempted to lie.

wednesday, like usual, only stared back at her in response. enid waited, looked around the room, and eventually gave up on her saying anything else.

"ok lets get started! i've been planning on what we could do tonight. so i figured we could start with nail painting, then maybe watch a movie, and then we could even play truth or dare!" enid rambled on, clearly estatic.

"let's just get this over with." wednesday groaned.

the wolf smiled wide, so much so that as if her cheeks were being pulled. quickly she rummaged through her nail polish. "alright so, i know you're not big on color... but you're in luck because i actually have black nail polish! and i have white too, if you're feeling adventurous."

"wow enid i am so excited." she replied, with no excitement clearly in her tone.

"really?" she perked up.

"no."

enid giggled, looking down then looking back up. "just take a seat on my bed. i'll get everything set up."

wednesday slowly forced herself to sit on enid's bed. she crossed her arms, trying to touch the bed as little as possible. she patienly waited while enid grabbed an array of bright colors from her collection. each time she grabbed another one, the dark haired girl felt her soul crush a little. despite not wanting to do this, she figured it was important for her to tolerate enid's weird behavior. she guessed this stuff was important to their relationship.