009

it was now monday morning. enid quietly sat in her botanical sciences class. the girl stared off in space, not paying attention to what their new teacher had been teaching. she twiddled with her pencil lost in thought.

do i actually like girls?

"ms. sinclair, since you have been paying close attention to what i've been teaching, what was the name of the plant that last night's reading was on?" her teacher smugly asked her. enid instantly was snapped out of her trance. frantically she tried to remember something she had not even read.

"it was on..." she paused and thought for a moment, "clover."

a few giggles emerged from her classmates. she turned a light shade of pink.

"good guess," he smirked at her, "if you can't do the reading, at least pay attention during class. or is that too much to ask of you sinclair?"

more people laughed. she shyly shook her head no, wishing he would just move on already.

"could you tell us about the reading last night?" wednesday suddenly spoke up. the room quickly went silent.

"excuse me?" he suddenly turned his attention away from enid and onto wednesday.

"the reading. i would like for you to go more into depth, since it was such an interesting section." she asked him.

he looked down, at a loss for words. even though enid sat behind wednesday, she knew she was staring him down.

"what seems to be the issue?" she asked. students started to laugh once again.

"that's enough addams. if you have any questions come talk to me after class." he reminded her. he then turned back around at an attempt to pick up where he had left off.

"so you don't feel embarrassed by the fact that you're so insecure you feel the need to take it out on students." she stated.

more people started to laugh. he quickly turned around.

"everybody quiet down," he said in a firm and loud voice, "now if you would allow me to continue the lesson.."

enid breathed a sigh of relief. she admired how wednesday had the guts to stand up. she wouldn't have been able to do it. if it wasn't for her she would have been hiding her face with shame at the moment.

the boring lesson continued on, and once again the wolf was lost in thought. she couldn't get what yoko and divina had said out of her mind. she kept replaying the conversation over and over in her head. it was driving her crazy.

she was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts when she noticed xavier leaning towards wednesday. her eyes slightly widened and the grip on her pencil tightened. he whispered something in her ear. enid couldn't make out what he had said. wednesday quickly turned to look him in the eyes. enid could feel herself getting more and more angry by the second. to her surprise, wednesday said yes to what he had asked her.

enid was taken aback by her response. she had figured wednesday wasn't interested in xavier like he was in her. but now, she questioned how she truly felt for him.

"hey enid, you're awfully quiet today. what's up?" yoko, who sat next to her, whispered.

enid jumped in her chair.

"oh. sorry. just been thinking about what you said." she replied back. which was true, but it wasn't the only thing on her mind.

yoko nodded and patted her friend on the shoulder. she gave her a small smile and went back to staring at the two in front of her.

~

it was finally the end of a long day. enid hated mondays like every other student at nevermore. her last class had just finished and she was finally sent free. she threw down her bag onto the floor and then threw herself onto her bed. she breathed a much needed sigh of relief.

the sound of the door opening could be heard and enid perked up. not suprisingly, it was wednesday.

"hi wednesday!" she smiled widely at the girl.

she was given a glare in response.

"i didn't get the opportunity to thank you for sticking up for me earlier. so thanks." she told her roommate.

"you shouldn't be thanking me," she replied, "tearing down others egos is one of my favorite hobbies."

"well i certainly enjoyed watching it." enid giggled.

the conversation was short lived. enid sat on her phone updating her blog for the day while wednesday started unpacking her bag. thing crawling around the room was the only sound that could be heard. after a couple of minutes, enid spoke up.

"what were you and xavier whispering about during botanical science?" she suddenly remembered.

wednesday's eyes slightly opened. "he asked me to come and paint with him." she replied.

"and you said yes?" enid asked.

"that is correct." wednesday informed her.

enid wasn't exactly sure what to say after that. there was an awkward silence for a couple of seconds. she lightly drummed her fingers againist her phone screen.

"when?" she finally spoke up and asked.

"tonight." the shorter girl replied.

once again enid was at a loss for words. wednesday took off her black blazer and set it in her closet. while in her closet, she started to undress herself. it was a relief to finally be able to take off her uncomfortable uniform. she changed into her usual striped shirt and jacket, something that was much more comfortable.

"i thought you were over guys?" enid asked as wednesday walked out.

"i was never interested in romance." she blankly stared at her.

enid's brows furrowed at her response, "but i thought you kissed tyler?"

"ever mention that again and i'll slit your throat open." wednesday threatened her. the wolf got a little sheepish after that response.

"but you know what i mean. it's very obvious xavier likes you, do you like him too?" she teased her.

wednesday wished she could tape enid's mouth shut at that moment.

"i am only hanging out with him because i am the reason he was put in jail. it's important for me to have his trust in case he has any information about my stalker." she replied back.

enid giggled and smiled at her friend. "alright well have fun! i'll be waiting here to hear all about it when you get back."

wednesday exhaled through her nose and quickly left the room. if enid teased her anymore she knew she would have gone crazy.

when the shorter girl left, enid's smile faded. she set down her phone and stared at wednesday's side of the dorm. for some odd reason, she didn't like that they were hanging out. typically enid would be ecstatic for wednesday. but instead, she dreaded being alone for the next few hours.

i wish wednesday was here.

(a/n: i kept mixing up xavier and tyler while writing this LOL also TYSM FOR 1k READS <3)