011

back in ophelia hall...

it had been quite some time now. enid had tried to occupy herself by doing homework, but her mind kept lingering astray. whenever she would try to focus on a question, her mind would be in other places. she couldn't stop thinking about xavier hanging out with wednesday. she couldn't control herself. the question of what they were doing drove her crazy.

on what felt like her millionth try on a question she once again got distracted. enid groaned and slammed her book shut. her hands held her face, covering it in frustration. 

"why do i feel this way.." enid sighed.

she lifted her head up and ran her fingers through her blonde hair in a worked up way. the short girl once again let out a long sigh. 

i hope wednesday is back soon...

she packed up all of her unfinished work back into her bag. enid knew she would regret it by the time it was due, but right now she didn't care. she was way too overwhelmed at the moment to do anything.

the blonde girl plopped down on her bed and closed her eyes, trying to have a moment of peace. she fought out any thoughts of wednesday and xavier that would come to her mind. her eyes closed tighter. no matter how hard she tried however, it couldn't be fought. her eyes shot open in defeat.

"i can literally think about anything and my brain just can't stop thinking about the two same people?" enid clamored in frustration. she slapped her forehead, as if that would make it magically go away.

enid, after laying for a moment and contemplating if she was going to just go crazy, decided that her phone would be a much better distraction. she quickly sat herself up and grabbed it off of her desk. she then returned to her original position and began to scroll aimlessly through her social media. 

but it wasn't as distracting as it typically would be. every couple of posts she would be reminded of wednesday. she however kept scrolling, trying to free herself.

she jumped however when she heard the door creak open. butterflies started to flutter in her stomach. she could feel a smile start to form on her face. the blonde turned her head over to see the girl that had been occupying her mind.

"welcome back, it took you long enough." enid teased her.

wednesday slightly raised her eyebrow, "going crazy without me sinclair?"

her eyes shot open a little. thankfully, wednesday wasn't facing her. she had already turned over to her side of the room.

"so what did you guys do?" enid schooched over to the edge of her bed; she sat there like an excited puppy waiting for a response.  

"we painted." she replied.

"you gotta tell me more than that!" the wolf pouted. 

the shorter girl turned to face enid, "stop acting cute. you're making me nauseous."

"i'll stop acting cute if you tell me." the blonde giggled. 

wednesday sighed in defeat, "we met up. he taught me how to paint. he helped me paint. we finished. i left"

"come on," she pouted, "i think i'll literally go crazy if you don't tell me." 

the shorter girl sighed once again, except much louder this time. 

"we didn't do much enid. he had to hold my hand as i painted however. it wasn't as easy as i had predicted." she replied. 

enid suddenly felt an anger arise in her, if she could call it that. the fact that xavier touched her, even though she knew it wasn't romantically, made her feel resentment towards him. she knew however she couldn't express this to wednesday. so, she put on her best fake smile.

"oh. my. gosh. that is so cute!" she lied. 

"stop talking this instant. unless you would like to be tortured." wednesday warned the girl, for what felt like the thousandth time. 

"alright, alright, i'll stop talking about it." she told her. although it did not appear this way, enid truly was relieved to not be talking about xavier anymore. if she went another second she might actually be glad to be tortured by the girl. 

it was comfortably silent for a while. enid happily scrolled through her phone, relieved and happy that wednesday was back. she was finally at peace once again. the blonde laid on her stomach, kicking her feet in the air like a child would. 

wednesday was busy organizing her sheet music for her cello. it had gotten all disorganized due to a peculiar hand. she had been meaning to do it for a while now, but kept forgetting. trying to catch her stalker and hanging out with xavier had left her quite busy. 

"what did you do while i was gone?" the shorter girl broke the silence. 

enid jumped a little at the question, "nothing.."

wednesday quickly caught on to the fact that it seemed as if enid was lying, "nothing?"

"yeah, just did some homework." she quickly replied. 

"keep replying like that and i might think you're my stalker." she turned to face enid. 

"well keep hanging out with xavier and i might think you two are dating." she told her, not looking up from her phone once. 

wednesday was initially thrown off by the snarky comment. it was out of character for enid. typically enid was obsessed with any kind of romance, even if it wasn't her own. why would she care if the two were hanging out.

"you must be mistaken, i do not have any romantic intentions with xavier." she corrected her. 

"yeah you might, but i can't say the same for him." enid sighed. the girl's eyes were still glued to her phone.

once again wednesday was confused, why would she care?

"yes i am aware of xaviers..." she pauses, "feelings towards me. but i'm not interested in it. i'm only doing this to gain back his trust in case he has any valuable information"

"it's just.." the wolf sighs, unsure of how to describe how she feels about the situation, "nevermind."

wednesday was now even more confused. but she decided to brush it off. she just figured enid was being emotional over something like always. this time however, she had no idea what the issue was. 

(a/n: shorter chapter, i have barely been writing recently. i've just been so busy recently so thankfully i was able to finish this chapter. ALSO IM SORRY I UPDATED SO LATE IN THE DAY, i've been sick this weekend and i've just been all thrown off ugh.)