023

wednesday was absorbed in the textbook and what she was explaining to enid. the words flowed out of her mouth as she looked at the textbook for reference. she was mid thought when the sound of enid's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"do you like me?" enid interrupted, much more quiet than usual.

"what?" she replied, genuinely baffled as to why she would ask.

wednesday took notice to the short silence as enid seemed to be in a trance. as more time went on the more confused she became.

"i know. i just, need to know," she told her, her voice still quiet.

the other girl was even more baffled, "that has no relation to what i'm doing," she informed her, genuinely concerned at this point.

"wednesday, please," enid's deep blue eyes struck right through hers when she begged.

"i hate you enid. now, if you'll let me continue you'll see how..." wednesday attempted to divert the conversation, slowly becoming more flustered as it went on. her attempt was unsuccessful, as she was interrupted once again.

"don't be mad at me for this, okay?" enid asked of her.

wednesday tensed up, unsure of what to expect from her. she was acting way out of the ordinary.

as enid's light blue eyes stared right at her, she could feel herself getting more flustered. it scared her that her body was reacting this way. it only escalated when she noticed her eyes linger down to her lips. wednesday's body started to have even more reactions to that, like her heart beating faster. the other girls hands cuffed her face, and she knew it was coming.

the two's lips meshed together. wednesday couldn't believe what had just happened. her mind was racing with so many different thoughts all at the same time. she felt her face get hotter the longer enid's soft lips touched hers.

but just as she was about to kiss back, the blonde pulled away.

wednesday sat there with her mouth agape, processing what had just happened.

"i need to go!" enid suddenly stood up, breaking wednesday out of her trance.

"what? where are you going?" the dark haired girl frantically stood up too.

"to yokos!" she blurted, and just like that was gone.

wednesday stared as the blonde ran out and slammed the door behind her. their dorm suddenly felt a lot more empty than it had ever before. her dark brown eyes frantically looked around, as if searching for an answer.

the feeling that overwhelmed her was not something unfamiliar to her. she enjoyed feeling heartbroken. but this time, it wasn't pleasurable.

then, she could feel her eyes begin to water. slowly, one singular drop ran down her dark cheek and dropped onto the floor. more continued to pour from her face, and she didn't try to fight it.

there had only been two other occasions where wednesday had cried. she didn't expect there to be a third, and for enid to be the cause of it.

when she processed what was happening, she angrily wiped the tears off of her face. she stormed over to her bed and threw her face into the pillow. she laid there as she felt her pillow beginning to slowly become damp.

thing creeped out and took notice of wednesday's odd behavior. it slowly tapped over to the bed and jumped onto the desk. the sound of thing's fingers tapping on the wood was heard by wednesday.

"i do not wish to speak about it," she informed thing, her words slightly muffled.

thing tapped more on the desk, trying to comfort her.

"listen," she abruptly sat up and faced it, "i don't need your pity. enid left me and that's the end of the story. there's nothing i can do."

thing attempted to tap once again, but was quickly interrupted and threatened before it could.

wednesday plopped back down face first onto her bed. this feeling was unfamiliar to her. she didn't know how to process everything that had just happened. i mean, wednesday had only been kissed once before, but never by a girl before. this experience was vastly different from kissing tyler. the thought of kissing a girl had never once crossed her mind before. she had always just assumed she liked boys. but now, kissing enid had changed her idea of who she thought she was.

the only thing she knew what that she enjoyed this kiss. she wished that enid had not pulled away so soon. only if she had given her the time to kiss her back.

wednesday laid in her bed for what felt like forever. the only sound that could be heard was the occasional sound of thing tapping as it walked. the sun no longer shined and darkness slowly covered the dorm. the wind softly howled and the trees rustled. as time when on chatter from the hall died down.

even after all that time, enid wasn't back.

wednesday held out hope that she would come back soon. she thought that any second, the blonde would come bursting through the door begging to redo the kiss. but alas, the door stayed shut and was never opened. enid never came back that night.

at some point, wednesdays eyes shut and she drifted off to sleep. it wasn't intentional, she didn't mean to spend the rest of the day rotting in bed, but she couldn't find it in herself to get up. what was she going to do anyways? if she went to find enid, what would she even say? she wasn't able to find the right words to describe how she felt. plus, enid ran away. why would she want to see her? it was clear that enid regretted what she had done. she didn't want anything to do with wednesday.

this was something wednesday had come to terms with as she drifted off to sleep, finally able to find some sort of peace.

(a/n: thank you all for 40k reads! i've recently been able to get back into the groove of writing again. i can't promise weekly updates like before, but i will try to update as often as i can!)