002

"i think that's all that happened over break.." enid tapped her fingers in thought. wednesday sighed a breath of relief.

"silence would be greatly appreciated now." wednesday stated. the girl had already unpacked all of her things. enid sure did talk a lot.

"right, sorry. i know your novel is important to you." enid stopped herself. the sound of wednesday's slim fingers hitting the keys was the only thing that could be heard now. just months ago this sound would have driven enid crazy. but now, it almost felt comforting to her. in general it felt comforting to have wednesday back, even though wednesday was the opposite of comforting. enid quietly sat on her phone as the other girl typed away.

wednesday was too lost in thought to notice enid excitedly running out of their room. she had just recieved a text from her best friend yoko that she was here. despite them seeing eachother multiple times over break, it still felt like an eternity since they had seen eachother. enid wasted no time running through the halls to meet yoko at her dorm. people stared at her confused as enid pushed them out of her way.

as soon as enid saw yoko standing in her dorm room she ran up and engulfed her best friend in a hug. it took her a second to process before tightly hugging her back.

"oh. my. god. yoko! it's been way too long!" enid told her, "i've missed you so much!"

"woah, calm down sinclair." yoko giggled at the enthusiastic girl.

enid however did not calm down, and instead hugged onto yoko tighter. it was quite surprising how hard enid could hug someone. she most definitely wasn't the bulkiest. yoko, despite feeling like she was crushed, returned the hug. she knew physical touch was enid's love language, so stuff like this was special to her.

"you have to tell me everything that's happened since we've last seen eachother." enid demanded.

"i will once you let me out of your death grip." yoko told the shorter girl. enid realized that she had been hugging her for quite long, and let her go. the vampire sighed and took a moment to breathe before replying, "well not much has happened since we hung out like two weeks ago and you text me all the time. but me and divina did hang out..."

"tell me all about it and don't spare a single detail!" enid barked at her. yoko chuckled.

yoko and divina had been dating for months now. enid was obviously their number one supporter. after all, she was the one who convinced yoko to ask her out. she loved hearing about all of their dates and hangouts. it was the cutest thing ever to her.

"i'll tell you if you help me unpack." she asked her. enid sighed.

as the two began to set up her room yoko told her every juicy detail. enid loved hearing it. most people would gross out at hearing other people talking about their significant others, but enid was quite the opposite. she was constantly asking about the two. one might even say that enid was more invested in the couple than yoko and divina themselves. any time yoko had a crush on the girl, enid was the first to hear about it.

after the two were done unpacking enid felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. she opened it to check, and to her surprise it was ajax.

ajax

i'm here

enid practically jumped for joy when she read it. yoko suspiciously raised an eyebrow.

"i'm assuming ajax is here?" she asked.

"of course! i missed him so much yoko." enid replied to her.

"go and see him. i think divina is gonna be here soon anyways. we can catch up more later, ok?" yoko encouraged her. enid was practically jumping with joy when she heard her say that.

she quickly hugged her best friend, and was off. it was quite a walk to ajax's dorm, but enid knew she couldn't waste any time. with a pep in her step she made her way to his dorm. enid was unable to contain her excitement. she walked through the halls with a huge smile on her face like an idiot. as she walked she ran her fingers over her scars, making sure they were covered. she played with her hair to make sure everything was perfect for when she saw him.

before she knew it she was right outside of his room. the only thing keeping them apart was the door. enid took a deep breath in. she could feel her heart racing. she wiped her sweaty palms against her skirt. slowly, she raised her hand to the wood of the door. her knuckles clanked against it twice before lowering her hand to where it had been before.

the sound of soft footsteps became increasingly louder to enid. her heart rate spiked even more.

the door slowly creaked open to reveal the stoner himself. ajax.

enid felt as if she was going to explode.

she wasted no time running into his arms. her short arms wrapped around the boy's larger frame. at first, the two were silent. both processing what had just happened. ajax awkwardly stood there while enid was burying herself into him. reluctantly however, he softly wrapped his arms around his girlfriend.

the hug was not long lasting, ajax after only a few seconds removed himself.

"ajax, i can't even say how much i missed you." enid looked up and smiled.

"yeah i missed you too babe." ajax replied. it was silent for a second as the two gazed into each other's eyes. ajax softly rested his hand on enid's face, and the two slowly leaned in closer to each other. when their two lips met it was a bit awkward at first due to them being apart for so long. but it didn't take them too long to get comfortable with each other again. their lips moved in the same familiar way now. enid felt her emotions getting out of control. she tried to calm herself down in order for him to enjoy the kiss, but she just couldn't.

before she knew it her claws forced themselves out causing her to jump back. she instantly felt terrible for ruining the perfect moment.

"i'm so sorry ajax, i try to calm myself down-" enid rambled, before quickly being interrupted by ajax.

"don't worry about it. it's all good. we have the rest of the year to kiss anyways." ajax reassured her.

enid sighed, and then a spark lit up in her brain.

"speaking of the rest of the year, i didn't get to tell you about all the stuff i have planned for us! i have so many cute dates planned! i figured we could go to the coffee shop and-" enid begun to ramble, before quickly being interrupted by her boyfriend.

"woah, chill out. i just got here, can we talk about this later?" ajax stopped her.

enid stood there dumbfounded for a second. she took a moment to gather her thoughts before replying.

"oh yeah don't worry," she smiled, "i totally get it. it would probably be better to text you it anyways. i have a tendency to ramble on and get stuff all mixed up."

"yeah" was all that ajax replied with. enid awkwardly stood there, not knowing what else to say. she looked up at ajax, who was looking at his feet, shifting his weight from side to side.

"so how was your break? it seems like you did an awful lot." enid piped up. the question seemed to throw ajax off.

"oh it was fine," he replied, "but i think i'm gonna get going. it's been a while since i've seen any of my friends."

but you also haven't seen me.

"of course, i'm glad we could catch up ajax! let me know next time we can hang out ok?" enid forced a smile at him. ajax nodded and stood there waiting for her to leave. she quickly gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before leaving him.

(a/n: writing that kissing scene killed me omg. i can only imagine reading it will be worse. but whats going on with ajax and enid?!?!?!?)