018

that weekend...

it was now saturday. the dreadful week had finally been over. however, enid did not feel any relief like the weekend usually would grant. ever since that night she had been distracted. her mind lingered with the thoughts of her feelings towards wednesday. it drove her insane. so much so that yoko was on her way to the dorms.

enid had texted her not long before, asking her to come over if she wasn't busy. obviously, she agreed.

she knew that yoko was the only one she could confide in about this. for obvious reasons she could never tell wednesday. plus, she had experience with this kind of stuff.

the blonde paced around the dorm. the sound of the floorboards creaking filled the room. she anxiously fiddled with her hair as a distraction. in her mind she rehearsed what she was going to say to her friend. she also imagined what her reactions would be, which her mind had convinced her would be terrible. this only added on to her anxiety. thankfully, no one else was there. both thing and wednesday had gone off to who knows where.

a soft knock interrupted her pacing. enid hurriedly ran over, swinging open the door.

"oh my god i am so happy you're here." she sighed, wrapping her friend up in a tight hug. the other girl instantly hugged her back with the same amount of force. she held her for a minute, wanting to feel the comfort of something familiar in such an unfamiliar situation.

"i came as quickly as i could. what's up?" yoko anxiously asked once she was free from the hug.

the blonde sighed, feeling overwhelmed. "just come and sit down please."

enid led a very confused yoko over to her bed. the two simultaneously sat down right next to each other. the blonde kept her eyes down, fidgeting with her hands. the other girl intently stared at her, waiting for her to start.

"this isn't easy for me to say. i'm still coming to terms with it." she sighed, finally making eye contact with her friend.

"it's okay. just tell me when you're ready." yoko softly rubbed her shoulder, comforting her.

the blonde looked back down at her lap. she wasn't sure how to word what she felt. it was terrifying to tell another person how she felt. it was hard to say it out loud; once she said it there was no going back. she took a big breath and exhaled.

"i like wednesday!" she frantically blurted out.

yoko was a bit startled at the quick response, and it clearly showed on her face. but she quickly composed herself. "okay, why is this so hard for you to admit?" she asked.

the wolf sighed, leaning against her friend. "i don't know..." she mumbled.

the other girl embraced her and spoke again, "what are you afraid of?"

enid looked up yoko's dark brown eyes which stared right back into her light blue ones. "i don't wanna ruin our friendship. i care about her a lot," she explained, "i don't want to lose what i already have."

the vampire took a moment to process what she had just heard, thinking of the right response. "nothing is going to get ruined, enid," she comforted her.

"how do you know?" enid questioned.

she paused for a moment, "i just do. first of all we can't assume she doesn't like you."

"there is no way in the world she would like me.." the blonde chuckled a little.

"if i'm not mistaken she kissed tyler so i think you'll be fine." yoko told her, hoping to make her laugh a little at the statement.

and to her surprise she did. a familiar soft giggle filled the room.

"ok but still, you know what i mean." enid replied, trying to hide the smile on her face.

"listen to me enid," yoko suddenly turned the other girl to face her, "life is about taking risks. if you don't take risks, you'll regret not knowing if they would have worked in the end. if you don't at least try to further your relationship with wednesday, you'll spend forever thinking about what could've been."

the room was silent while enid processed what she was just told. she thought long and hard about it, taking in every word she heard. and eventually, she realized that she was right. she obviously didn't like that she was right. she wished that all of this could go away and that life could be simple again.

"yeah i guess you're right..." she looked down and huffed out in response.

"you were right about divina, so why can't i be right about wednesday?" yoko lifted her friend's head up in order for them to make eye contact.

"ok, ok, fine. you're right." enid sheepishly smiled and shook her head.

the other girl wrapped her friend up in another hug, which she reciprocated. their arms wrapped around each other tightly. the two savored the moment in each other's hold, not wanting to let go. the room was comfortingly silent. that was until the sound of voices and the door opening interrupted them.

the two jolted away from each other and turned their attention to the door.

an unexpected duo revealed themselves. wednesday stood there with and xavier lingering behind her. the four of them all stared at each other, not expecting to see the other.

"oh hey wednesday!" enid broke the awkward silence, "where were you?"

"i was with xavier." she replied, keeping her response short.

yoko's vision shifted over to enid, who seemed to be holding herself together quite well.

"doing what?" she asked as the other two lingered further into the dorm.

"we were painting again." xavier informed her.

the room was silent. nobody knew what to say. they all just looked around the room, waiting for someone else to speak up. everyone could feel the awkward tension between them.

"i was just making sure she got back safe. so i guess i'll see you later weds?" xavier suddenly broke the silence.

wednesday didn't look back at him and only nodded in response. he shuffled out of the room and back into the halls. she continued over to her side of the room and began prepping her typewriter for her daily writing.

it was silent for a couple minutes as yoko and enid stared at each other, unsure of what to do.

"well i guess i'll get going. i'll see you later enid. text me if you need anything..." yoko uncomfortably bid her friend goodbye, who was as weirded out as her.

enid said her goodbyes and was left alone with her roommate and her spiraling thoughts.