006

it had been a week and enid still felt like shit.

wednesday still hasn't been much comfort to enid. her murder multiple offers were rejected, so at this point she was at a loss. 

however yoko had been a great support to enid. she would check up on her constantly, bring her gifts, and invite her over. she knew enid needed someone to support her, and she knew she needed to step up to the plate. that's what best friends do. 

the two friends were having a sleepover that night. enid and yoko laid next to each other. a laptop laid on yoko's lap. 

"so i figured we could watch a movie tonight. any ideas?" the vampire asked.

enid looked up from her phone, and shrugged her shoulders. yoko sighed in defeat. she continued to scroll through the options. 

"i don't care as long as it isn't horror. wednesday already scares me enough." enid joked. 

yoko smiled at enid's joke, happy that she was starting to be in a better mood. 

"i don't know how you stand that girl.." she told her. and quite frankly, nobody understood why enid was so close to her roommate. 

"i don't know, she's loving in her own ways," enid shrugged, "even if they are a bit odd. it's just how she is, and you eventually learn to love her for it." she smiled at the thought of wednesday. but her heart ached a little, wishing she could be the one comforting her like yoko has been. but she knew not to expect that out of her. 

"love?" yoko asked.

the question made enid's heart skip a beat. 

"well i don't like love 'love' her. i just care about her. like a friend. like i care about you." enid quickly explained. 

yoko nodded in understanding and continued to search for a movie. nothing was catching her eye.

there was a long silence before yoko spoke up, "so have you talked to ajax at all? i know you said he texted you."

"yeah, it's kind of a long story," she warned her friend, "but basically he texted me a bunch asking us to get back together, so i told him no. and then he kept doing it and i was just tired of it so i asked him to stop texting me. i thought he would have stopped but then he sent me this paragraph saying how he got bored of me and how he was going to break up with me anyways." 

yoko's mouth slightly hung open by the time enid was finished with her story. 

"fuck him! my god now i do hope that your crazy roommate kills him!" she snapped. 

"oh my god shut up! or she might actually do it if she hears you." enid broke out into a laughing fit. 

"hey i was in the room when she almost tortured tyler, it wouldn't be my first." yoko started laughing too. the two friends couldn't contain their laughter. for a while that was all they could do, just laugh at each other.

after a couple minutes the two girls were able to calm down.    

"ok but we still haven't decided on a movie." yoko said out of breath. 

enid playfully sighed, "i don't care, just put that on." she pointed at the most interesting movie on screen she could find. 

the movie started to play and the two girls paid close attention. the laptop screen shined in the dark room. the two were huddled next to each other buried under the blankets. and for the first time in a while, enid was truly happy. 

before she knew it the end credits started to play. enid rubbed her sore eyes and gave her body the much needed stretch. 

"that movie was so bad, i'm never letting you choose again." the vampire told her friend. 

enid groaned, "i just picked at random! you were fully capable of choosing on your own."

the two went back and forth for a while blaming each other for the terrible movie. eventually however, the argument died down. 

yoko went back onto her laptop and enid went back on her phone. it was a comfortable silence. the two friends were quite tired, after all it was technically already the morning. and staring at a screen for hours didn't make them feel any more awake. 

after a while, enid broke the silence, "so i've been thinking about what guy to go for next. any ideas?"

yoko immediately woke up. "next guy? you just broke up with ajax." she was shocked at the blonde's question. 

"well aren't i supposed to find someone new now?" enid asked, genuinely confused. 

"enid, no. you're supposed to do what makes you happy. being in a new relationship right after a breakup won't be good for you." she explained to enid, which she thought was common sense. 

her head tilted to the side, "but shouldn't i have to be with a new guy?"

yoko's concern only grew the more enid spoke. 

"enid, did you ever even like ajax?" she asked. 

initially she was thrown off by the question. i mean, of course she did. she made sure to make it quite obvious that she did. 

"what? of course i did! ajax is a great guy!" she got defensive, "well was a great guy, but that's besides the point."

"tell me five things you liked about him." yoko crossed her arms, awaiting her response. 

"uhm," enid started to think, "he is handsome.. we looked good together.." she suddenly was drawn at a blank. she looked up at yoko, who had a 'i told you so' look on her face. 

"enid, i think we need to have a talk." yoko told her.

she suddenly stood up from the bed, "i don't know what you're implying, but i really liked ajax! you're stepping way out of line!" 

"woah, woah, i just want to be honest with you enid, i just think you might be-" 

"just shut up!" enid yelled at her. her claws suddenly came out in the heat of the moment. she took a long breath out, before speaking up again. "i'm just gonna go back to my room." she told yoko.

the girl sat there dumbfounded. enid almost never acted this way, especially towards her. they had never got into an argument this serious before. she was confused about what evoked such a strong reaction out of enid. 

the blonde quickly stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. she stomped through the halls of the school, most likely waking up multiple students from their sleep. she struggled to control her breathing. at this point she didn't care about if she got in trouble for being out this late. 

quickly she made her way to her dorm and wasted not a second going in. the room was completely silent. only the creak of her feet against the floorboards could be heard. she assumed wednesday was fast asleep by now, and stumbled her way into her bed. 

she hastily pulled the covers over her head, and felt all of her emotions pour out at once. she tried to muffle her sobs, but her attempts were quite unsuccessful.

what enid didn't know was that wednesday had awoken the second she walked in. initially she was going to speak up and ask why she wasn't at yoko's still. but then she heard enid's sniffles and figured she was in no place to comfort her.  

that night enid sinclair cried herself to sleep, because deep down, she knew that her best friend was going to say, and even deeper down she knew that she was right

(a/n: i love writing abt yoko and enid's friendship omg. but tysm for reading like always! i hope the pacing of the chapter wasn't weird.)