004

it was finally friday. enid who was excited to see her friends, was not necessarily excited to be doing schoolwork again. her teachers didn't waste any time getting back on track. on top of all of the clubs that enid was a part of, she was starting to feel a little overwhelmed. 

but she was beyond excited for the weekend. her and ajax had agreed to go on a date to the coffee shop. enid felt as if she was going to explode if she had to wait a second longer. 

"ok wednesday, do you think i should wear this or this?" enid asked her. wednesday, who was sitting on her bed, looked up. she studied the two options for a second, attempting to find the difference between them. 

"are they not the same?" she asked. the blonde's smile dropped as she groaned. 

"no, this one is a coral pink and the other is more of a baby pink." she explained. 

wednesday still sat there confused. 

"ugh, you are no help sometimes wednesday." enid sighed and gave up. she stood in front of the mirror alternating between the two. enid's brows furrowed in a deep concentration. 

"i thought you were questioning your romantic feelings toward ajax. why the sudden change of heart?" wednesday blurted out of nowhere.

she immediately stopped in her tracks. 

"i do like ajax, and i never said i didn't like him. it's just our time apart has changed us a bit. so all we need to do is hang out more to make up for lost time. that's all." enid defensively told her. she kept focusing on her outfit options in order to distract herself. wednesday was silent for a moment before speaking up.

"our time apart didn't change us," wednesday replied, "you're still as annoying as the day i met you."

enid sighed. 

"it's just, different." she informed her.

wednesday stared at her for a second, lingering for a bit longer than usual, until she went back to her reading. 

~

it was finally the next morning and enid was beyond excited for her date. her heart pounded in her chest. she practically jumped out of her bed with joy when she heard her alarming blaring in her ears. 

enid wasted no time getting ready. she frantically got dressed into the outfit she had planned the night before. she smiled, ready to walk out the door. 

"remember, if he breaks your heart i'll nail gun his." wednesday spoke up. she stood at the edge of her room, looking at enid about to leave. enid jumped a little.

"don't worry wednesday, it won't be an issue." enid reassured her. she quickly said her goodbyes to wednesday and she was out the door.

enid skipped through the halls, only thinking about how great her day would be. she had the entire day planned out in her head. this was one of the date ideas she had come up with over break. it was one of the simpler ones, so she figured it would be perfect. besides, she had all of the upcoming weekends for the more exciting ones. 

she stood in front of ajax's dorm and wasted no time pounding on the door. from behind a faint shuffling could be heard, presumably ajax. the girl patiently stood there waiting for him. 

the door suddenly swung open to reveal ajax. he was dressed in his signature flannel-hoodie combo, obviously with his beanie on too. he smiled at enid when they made eye contact.

"hi ajax!" enid engulfed him in a hug. the taller boy chuckled a little and softly hugged his girlfriend back. 

"hey, what's up." he pulled back and looked at enid in her eyes.

enid giggled and softly kissed ajax on his cheek. even though it was a short kiss, she felt her claws move out a little. enid however ignored it. 

"well are you ready? the bus leaves soon." she informed him. 

"yeah i'm ready, let's go." ajax replied. 

enid laced her fingers in between his, and the two made their way to the coffee shop. 

after a short ride, the two had finally made their way to the town of jericho. enid led her boyfriend to the weathervane coffee shop. the bell rang as the couple made their way into the cafe. 

enid placed the two orders before they sat down together. ajax's eyes wandered around the room, not paying any attention to enid. she awkwardly sat there, waiting for him to start a conversation. 

after a while however, enid decided it was up to her to speak up. "isn't it weird to think that tyler used to work here?" she asked. 

"huh?" ajax suddenly snapped back into consciousness. 

"tyler? he used to work here." enid explained to him.

"oh yeah, isn't that the one who was interested in your creepy roommate?" he asked for clarification. 

"yeah, i'm glad wednesday was smart enough to figure out what he truly was. god shes just so smart.." enid smiled thinking about wednesday. very quickly however she snapped out of her trance, knowing she needed to pay more attention to her boyfriend.

to her surprise however, he was on his phone. enid awkwardly tapped her brightly colored fingernails on the table. to her surprise however, he didn't say anything. ajax just stared at his phone. 

he did look up however when the waiter had brought over their drinks. 

"i'm so excited, i haven't tried their new drink yet." enid broke the silence. ajax just nodded, and began to sip his coffee. enid sat there confused for a second, before doing the same. 

"i'm not really a fan of coffee." ajax shrugged and told her.

enid set down her cup to process what she just heard. she took a small breath of air in. 

"ok then ajax why did you agree to coming?" enid asked him.

"i don't know." ajax shrugged, and reluctantly took a sip of his drink. 

"well ajax i want to do stuff we both enjoy, if you didn't want to come here then we could have gone somewhere else. it's not like i don't have other ideas." she told him, with a bit of anger in her voice. 

"i just figured it'd be quick, you know?" ajax chuckled. his laugh however did not comfort enid. in fact, it only made her more mad.

she could feel her anger rising to an uncontrollable point. 

"quick?" enid's voice rose.

"hey, i didn't mean it like that." ajax tried to reassure her.

"then how did you mean it ajax?" enid asked. 

silence.

"listen ajax," enid stood up out of her seat, "i've been trying for weeks for us to hang out, and what do i get in return? you can't even make time to call your own girlfriend for god's sake! i don't know what happened, but you've changed ajax."

"i've just been busy ok? we don't have to spend every second together." ajax explained.

that response only infuriated enid more. she tightened her hands so hard she could feel her nails digging into her palms. 

"we haven't seen eachother! in weeks ajax! all i ask for is that we could just have a date. i've been a good girlfriend, so why are you treating me this way?" enid yelled at him.

"woah enid just calm down, you're causing a scene." he told her.

"you know what, if you aren't going to put in any effort, then i'm not either," enid could feel her claws coming out at this point, "we're over."