022

that next night...

wednesday sat and stared at her typewriter. her mind was still cursed with the memory of what xavier did. she felt uneasy any time it crossed her mind. her hands started to feel sweaty as her thoughts spiraled.

she would try to distract herself by writing, but she kept getting stuck. her mind couldn't form a single sentence without reverting back to the night before. she anxiously tapped her darkly colored fingernails against her desk, unsure of what to do.

enid, on the other hand, was oblivious to what happened. she had been busy for most of the day. she didn't nearly feel as jealous as the night before when she had learnt about the two's study session. it had honestly had slipped from her mind that she asked wednesday to study too. 

wednesday suddenly spoke up, "we're studying now."

enid jumped in her bed and turned to face her, confused. "what? right now?" she questioned. 

"yes right now," she repeated herself. at this point she was in desperate need of a distraction from last night's situation.

the blonde was silent for a moment, processing what had just happened. "alright..." she quietly responded, with a hint of uncertainty in her voice. this was the first time in a while their studying had crossed her mind since she originally requested. 

enid however was ecstatic. she quickly jumped out of her bed and walked over to wednesday's side of the room. the other girl turned her chair she had been sat to face her bed. she took the hint and plopped down on wednesday's dark bed. 

"what do you need help with?" she asked, staring deeply into the other girl's deep blue eyes.

the wolf turned a light shade of pink. she quickly shook off her embarrassment, but was met at a blank. she couldn't remember what she had told her before. anxiously, she bit her lip and looked around the room. 

"i need help with uh..." she pondered, eyes darting around for any kind of answers. 

"well?" wednesday raised an eyebrow. 

"botanical science!" she suddenly blurted out.

the dark haired girl looked her up and down, "before you said math, what changed?"

once again she was blank. her eyes widened as she searched for an excuse. "because uh..." there was a brief pause, "yoko helped me! yeah! yoko helped me with my math..." she silently sat there and prayed that wednesday wouldn't question her any further. 

thankfully she was silent and began to rummage through her bag. she pulled out the classes textbook and flipped over the pages, trying to find where they had left off. enid let out a big sigh that went unnoticed.  

"what do you not understand?" wednesday inquired. 

the blonde shyly bit down on her pink lips, attempting to once again come up with something. there was a noticeable silence that heavily lingered in the room. the other girl raised her eyebrow, awaiting a response. 

"just you know how to tell the difference between, the uh, leaves and stuff," she managed to make up. 

the dark haired girl looked through the textbook, finding the section she was confused about.

enid deeply stared at her deeply while she searched. her dark eyes quickly scanned through the pages. she watched the way her fingers lightly touched the pages. the way they delicately caressed them made her imagination wander away.  she then moved on to her deep, dark brown eyes. the way they were so focused on a single matter. she then looked at her plump lips, and her imagination only went further. enid could feel her face only getting more flush.

"enid!" wednesday's loud demand suddenly snapped her out of her trance. it had appeared that this was not the first time she had called to get her attention. 

"oh sorry, i kinda zoned out there..." she sheepishly admitted, but still purposefully kept it vague. 

the other girl skeptically raised an eyebrow. "let's just continue, now if you see here..." wednesday began to say. but enid, once again, couldn't focus on her words. she found herself once again fascinated with the dark haired girls features. she started to look at her freckles, counting every single last one of them. she then stared at the outline of her face, paying close attention to the way it moved as she spoke. 

"enid!" wednesday barked at her. 

"oh my gosh i am so sorry..." enid turned a shade of pink, embarrassed she got distracted again. 

"if you don't focus i will not be assisting you," she informed her. 

"yes, yes. i know. i'm really sorry," she apologized for what felt like the millionth time. 

"alright, so if you pay attention to the way the..." wednesday started explaining, and enid actually listened. she didn't actually absorb what she was saying, but instead just listened to the sound of her voice. in the past couple of months, it has become comforting to her. in fact, everything about wednesday was comforting to her. 

"do you like me?" enid interrupted mid sentence, speaking a bit more quiet than usual.

"what?" she replied, completely baffled by the question she just asked, "that has nothing to do with what i'm explaining."

the wolf anxiously licked her lower lip, a sudden urge overcoming her. the short distance between the two girl was now much more obvious to her. 

"i know. i just, need to know," she told her, still speaking barely above a whisper. 

"that has no relation to what i'm doing," she informed her. 

"wednesday, please."

"i hate you enid. now, if you'll let me continue you'll see how..." wednesday continued with her explanation, before once again being interrupted. 

"don't be mad at me for this, okay?" she asked of her.

enid's blue eyes stared into wednesday's dark ones. her eyes lingered to her lips, not fully processing what she was about to do. her hands caressed the other girl's face, and swiftly pulled her close enough for her to kiss her. 

the two's lips meshed together. enid closed her eyes, enjoying the moment, finally so relieved that she acted on her feelings. she didn't even process that it had happened yet. she was just so ecstatic, nothing about this moment felt real. 

until it did. 

enid quickly pulled away, reality setting in. she could see how wednesday looked like a deer in headlights. her mouth was slightly agape and her eyes more open than usual. regret immediately came over her and she wished she would have never done that. 

"i need to go!" she quickly jumped off of wednesday's bed, wanting to be as far away as possible from her. 

"what? where are you going?" wednesday stood up too, shocked.

"yokos! bye!" 

and just like that, enid was gone. 

(a/n: hey guys... it might have been like three months since my last update... and honestly i am sorry. i lost a lot of interest in this suddenly, but i am determined to slowly ease myself back into writing! thank you all so much for waiting because i know how frustrating it can be to wait. hopefully the kiss made up for it!)