019

the dreaded school week had once again arrived. enid sat in her botanical science class, not paying attention. the teacher rambled on and on. her mind lingered with other troubling thoughts. thoughts about a certain girl in front of her.

she was fixated on wednesday who sat in front of her. she analyzed every move she made. she paid no attention to the book that was sat in front of her. instead, her gaze was locked on the girl in front.

wednesday paid great attention to her studies. she had her book open, flying through the chapter they were discussing. she analyzed every detail, absorbing all the information she could. her ears heard every word her teacher spoke. she paid no attention to anything else going on.

that was until she felt a soft poke on her shoulder.

she turnt to see xavier leaning in close to her ear, "do you know whats going on?"

"yes." she replied, not wanting to listen to him anymore. her gaze shifted back to the book, once again getting wrapped up in her studies.

enid had saw that entire situation that had just unfolded. she stared hard and long at xavier. the way his lips got so close to wednesday caused the grip on her pencil to tighten. she had to force herself to look away, not being able to bear another moment of this.

class went on. the teacher talked on and on. nobody really learned much.

xavier kept his attention on wednesday. he watched the way she was so absorbed with the lesson. she didn't miss a single detail. he looked her up and down, amazed by just her presence. thankfully she never noticed.

but enid did. she noticed everything. she saw the way he looked at her in awe. her teeth bit down on her lip as a way to channel her anger.

she wanted that to be her. she wanted to be the one next to wednesday. she wanted to ask her dumb questions and see her get bad. not xavier, her.

"i can't stand another second of this." enid softly whispered to her friend next to her, covering her face.

yoko giggled a little in response, but quickly stopped when she saw that enid was actually upset over this. "hey, you're so much better than him. wednesday can see that," she comforted her.

the blonde sighed. she uncovered her face and tried to pay attention to the lesson. but the two in front of her kept nagging her. no matter how hard she tried to read a passage from the book or listen to the lecture, she kept findig her attention shift back to what was driving her crazy.

she hated feeling jealous. it was such a weird feeling. she had no right over wednesday. yet, she felt like she did.

xavier leaned over once again, whispering in her ear. except this time he lingered for much longer; he had a lot more to say. wednesday didn't seem to pay much attention. she continued to stare in front of her, not replying to what he had said. it was like that for a while. he awkwardly sat there, waiting for her to do something. his eyes went up and down, trying to notice any sort of response to her.

he lit up when her hands moved from their original position, but then lost his light when all she did was turn to the next page.

"see, i told you." yoko leaned in and whispered in enids ear.

while she was relieved that wednesday didn't reply to him, the situation still nagged her. i mean, why was he being extra nice to wednesday? sure, he was always kinda weird and pushy, but now it was different. she hated it. part of her actually wanted to go back to the beginning of the year when none of this drama existed.

"still. he's acting weird. i don't like it." she replied back to yoko.

"you know i don't like saying this, but i think it's pretty obvious that he likes her." she told her friend, with a disappointed tone.

she sighed, "yeah anybody can tell that..."

"but that doesn't mean she likes him. come on enid don't get all sad over this." she comforted her, softly placing her hand atop of the other girls arm.

the blonde looked down, wishing this stupid situation would just go away.

"i mean she kissed tyler. you said it yourself. she could definitely kiss him." she complained.

yoko sheepishly bit her lip and looked away, regretting that she said that.

"ok well she hasn't yet. so you still have time." she responded, hoping that it would convince her.

"not enough!" she suddenly blurted out a bit too loud, causing a couple of students to turn around. her face turned a light shade of pink. once they all turned back around, she continued, "i just found out i like her. i don't want to confess already!"

"i know it sucks, but he might before you do." the vampire informed her, pointing to the tall boy who sat in front of them.

enid sighed for umpteenth time. it was silent while enid processed everything she had just heard. she considered all of the bad things that would happen if she told wednesday. but then she remembered one good thing, what if she liked her back?

yet the thought of it still terrified her.

"i don't think i can yet..." she pouted, accepting her fate.

"there's only so much i can do enid. you already know how i feel about what you should do. the rest of it is up to you." she told her.

the blonde's teeth grazed her lip, biting down on it. she looked up at the girl in front of her, searching for answers. only if she somehow knew wednesday felt about her, then this would be so much easier.

mid-thought she was saved by the bell. everyone wasted no time packing up their stuff and rushing out into the halls and onto their next class. the two girls changed the topic as they headed off.

(a/n: hii, first i wanna apologize for not updating last weekend. i didn't have very much motivation to write so this chapter was a bit hard to crank out. but thankfully i got it done. since the school year ends soon, i should be better at updating. although no promises because the amount of work i get is unpredictable. anyways, i hope you enjoyed reading and thank you for being patient!!)