Calling in Allies

Chapter Two:

Calling in Allies

Christie must admit, she didn't often panic, but she definitely was now. She had been dealing with murders since she was a child having attended them with her father who is a mystery writer, but she couldn't help the sheer terror she felt when she saw that singe shell casing laying on the roof. Behind her, Agasa was breathing deeply trying to catch his breath from having run after her. Behind him, Ai had walked forward, a similarly fearful look of terror crossing her own face. She knew as well as I that we were no longer safe. The time had come for us to move, but what exactly would our move be on this great poker game of life. The BO had already made their first bet and it was our turn to either call it or pass and allow them to move again.

"We need to tell the others now...we have no choice but to get the FBI and CIA involved."

Christie nodded, she knew her connections would one day become invaluable but she would never have thought it would be so soon and before she even had the cure for her current condition.

"Edogawa-chan" said Haibara stepping closer, "We need to get going or we will run out of time to make a plan."

Christie nodded as she glanced at Haibara. Ai was good at hiding her emotions, but even she couldn't completely hide the shivers that were going through her entire body.

Grabbing Ai's hand, Christie smiled at her, "It will be okay Ai", she said. Ai didn't say anything, but her hand gripped Christie's back as they headed down the stairs to the ground level.

"Go inside and start packing everything we will need. Tonight...we have to leave."

Agasa and Haibara nodded and headed inside as Christie sighed and sank to the ground beneath the buildings porch, the rain pounding above her creating an echo effect.

Pulling out her cell phone, she paused for a moment in hesitation. Calling them would mean involving them and she hated the idea of her doing that, as it would be leading to their possible death. Still...she needed the help and there was only a limited number of people she trusted.

Dialing, she waited patiently until she heard the click alerting her someone had answered.

"Ya?" asked a yawning voice.

Christie smiled at the sound of her best friend sleepily answering the phone.

"Harley...it's me."

"Kudo?" asked Harley in surprise, "What are you calling me for? Do you have any idea how late it is?"

Kudo laughed. "Sorry, I didn't know you went to sleep right at midnight princess!" she giggled.

Harley from where she was in Osaka glared at the phone but sighed.

"I am not a princess", she muttered as she yawned again, "Seriously Kudo what is wrong? You sound a bit upset."

Christie sighed. She should have known Harley would be able to tell right away that something was wrong.

"They found me Harley"

"...."

Silence was all that greeted Kudo for a moment before a string of curses and exclamations came across the line.

"How the heck did they find you?!" Harley yelled in disbelief and fear.

"I don't know but they have. I hate to request this from you Harley, but could you help me?"

"...You're an idiot Kudo", Harley said with disgust, "Like you really have to ask. I will be there as soon as I can. Where will you be?"

"Come to the Tokyo Police Station, I will be there meeting with some...friends of mine."

"Alright Kudo, see you there."

DCDCDCDCDC

HARLEY POV

When Harley walked in, she was amazed at the number of people surrounding Christie and Ai in the conference room. Looking around, she recognized quite a few familiar faces. Among those speaking to Christie were:

FBI agents Shuichi Akai and Jodie Starling, and the supervisor of the FBI task team, James Black.

To the side of them was the CIA and the only one he recognized was Hidemi Hondou aka the reporter Rena Mizunashi, who has been undercover for some time.

Along with police Chief Megure and his subordinates, Harley didn't recognize anyone else.

"Ah Harley!" yelled Christie with a smile.

Harley smiled back as she stepped forward and greeted her friend.

"Quite the party you have here Christie", she said looking around.

"Well, this is the only chance we have to really take BO down for good. It's time we call get serious."

"Tell me Edogawa", said Jodie as she leaned over the information that had thus acquired, "isn't this plan a large risk to you? Their target."

"I suppose, but I would gladly play bait if we could take these guys down for good."

"I have an idea" said Rena after a moment, "Maybe we should let them kill Christie",

Everyone looked at Rena who remained calm at all of their blank and cold stares.

"Relax, I don't mean let them kill her, kill her. I mean we should let it appear they kill her."

"Explain please", said James Black, his face showing he didn't find her suggestion likable, but he looked intrigued nonetheless.

"I happen to know someone who is a master of disguise. Someone who is very good at making the impossible seem possible. If we could get him to do it, then we could..."

"If you are thinking who I think you are thinking...it might work", said Christie with a nod, "although, he doesn't know who I am and I must request that he remain in the dark about the truth."

"You want me to tell him we are working with Kudo who is requesting his assistance?" asked Rena.

"Correct. Do not even mention that I, Christie Edogawa, am also working with you. He can't know, understand?"

Everyone nodded.

"Wait, who are you talking about anyways?" asked Chief Megure in confusion, "Kudo is working with us also? Why didn't I know that?"

Everyone face palmed at his obliviousness to the facts.

"I will contact him and get it set up. Edogawa, he will be coming here to discuss the plans. Will you be here or...?"

"No, but I will hook up a conference call by phone."

"Very well. Everyone meet here tonight at six, which gives you all three hours. Edogawa, be careful. Don't do anything reckless. Tonight people, we take down BO!"

Christie nodded to what Rena had said to her, but Harley could see it in her face, she had no plan to sit idle by as everyone else risked their lives for her.